KNOCKOFF Ford Ranger Raptor Grille

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Got mine installed last night! Pretty easy swap, ~30mins. I don't see everyone's fuss about the bottom and side tabs being so hard to dislodge. I stuck my arm in and using a precision screw driver under my thumb, working right to left, pushed down and with the other hand on the outside of the grill, pulled out. Easy peasy!

I started the install of the @Stage3Motorsports "Raptor-Style Lights for Raptor Grilles" but looks like I will need to install and fab up some type of mounting point, ugh. My upper tabs are just like the stock grill and are molded, not screwed on. The Stage 3 bracket uses the upper tab's screws as a mounting point. There went the easy mount solution. Will post pics when I get everything situated. So far loving the new look!

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that I did not buy my grille from Stage 3. I bought from a Ford dealership. Just an FYI for anyone buying these lights to double check the grille mounting solution.

Last edited:

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase

koly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Knowing this grille is made from ABS plastic, anyone have an idea how these would hold up against colder temperatures. Being from Canada, we get some harsh temperatures at times. Just worried about possible cracking or other negative effects from really cold temperatures.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Knowing this grille is made from ABS plastic, anyone have an idea how these would hold up against colder temperatures. Being from Canada, we get some harsh temperatures at times. Just worried about possible cracking or other negative effects from really cold temperatures.
I don’t think it’d be an issue here. I’m not sure what type, but the stock grilles are plastic too!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Koly,

You have a very valid concern. The Ranger Grill has gone through exhaustive testing in environments from baking extreme cold to heat and proven itself. What the chemistry of the material is, I cannot say, but having a Material area under me, I realized how there are significant difference in a generalized area of such as ABS. Thus, I love the Raptor knockoff grill, but fear it is of inferior material and thus I will stick with the proven material. The OEM Grill supplier has to adhere to Ford production standards and are required to show production capability among things at the parameters defined by the Ford testing. Aftermarket parts do not have to meet Ford Standards, so I will not convert my Ranger until the grill is proven it meets Ford Standards, and in this case, offered by Ford Performance. Bless your heart to those of you that have adopted this grill as it looks so good. I hope it lasts you for the life of the vehicle! I will be a hold out for above stated reasoning.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

JimAFret

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT
Did you paint the letters, or did you buy it with the blue letters?
Rangergrille.com shows they have blue letters now.
late reply. Buddy's shop painted mine. Letters are separate from grille and easier for DIYers to do 2 color paint jobs. being old and lazy I had it done.

TheMarkP

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Who cares it’s cheap enough to where if it last 3-4 years buy another or refresh it with a coat of flat black paint

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Who cares it’s cheap enough to where if it last 3-4 years buy another or refresh it with a coat of flat black paint
They’re not cheap in Canadian dollars!

Wolverines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lairat Sport
Are the screws for the brackets the same for the letters?
Mine seemed to been lost after paint.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Hi Koly,

You have a very valid concern. The Ranger Grill has gone through exhaustive testing in environments from baking extreme cold to heat and proven itself. What the chemistry of the material is, I cannot say, but having a Material area under me, I realized how there are significant difference in a generalized area of such as ABS. Thus, I love the Raptor knockoff grill, but fear it is of inferior material and thus I will stick with the proven material. The OEM Grill supplier has to adhere to Ford production standards and are required to show production capability among things at the parameters defined by the Ford testing. Aftermarket parts do not have to meet Ford Standards, so I will not convert my Ranger until the grill is proven it meets Ford Standards, and in this case, offered by Ford Performance. Bless your heart to those of you that have adopted this grill as it looks so good. I hope it lasts you for the life of the vehicle! I will be a hold out for above stated reasoning.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I love your candour and knowledgeable expertise Phil! I purchased one of these grilles (why do folks keep saying grill ;p ) from a Ford dealership online. Everyone is selling these things like hotcakes. They absolutely look great and are a direct swap, no fitment issues whatsoever but I definently see what you are saying and where you're coming from.

These are NO WHERE NEAR OEM quality. That's not to say they are bad, hell I got one installed and love the looks! I do wonder about longevity. Meaning how are the tabs going to hold up, they're not as robust as the stocker and I can see the small screws holding them in cracking the weak bases over time thru vibrations. The paint leaves a lot to be desired unless you pay to to have it redone adding costs but even with all that....it looks spot on. I've got my stocker put away in bubble wrap for that rainy day if it does structurally fail.

Last edited: