OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Gucci off-road companies only charge this because a fool and his money...

Not going to name drop, but on todays "wtf" moment we have a 9lb propane strap for a well known rack product...

$140.00

But if you hunt a little bit on Google you can find it on sale for $110.00!

Guess what, your Gucci product still came from China.

This is the consumer market's fault at the end of the day, not the company. This kind of falls in the category of people who smoke crack. Its their body so their choice, but that doesn't stop people with critical thinking looking at you like:

200.gif

41HMW8H5m3L._AC_.jpg
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Gucci off-road companies only charge this because a fool and his money...

Not going to name drop, but on todays "wtf" moment we have a 9lb propane strap for a well known rack product...

$140.00

But if you hunt a little bit on Google you can find it on sale for $110.00!

Guess what, your Gucci product still came from China.

This is the consumer market's fault at the end of the day, not the company. This kind of falls in the category of people who smoke crack. Its their body so their choice, but that doesn't stop people with critical thinking looking at you like:

200.gif

41HMW8H5m3L._AC_.jpg
That is just a ratchet strap with extra steps wtf just goes to show you cant buy common sense. You are 100 percent right about who is to blame until stupid people stop buying this crap companies will keep churning crap like this out

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
This is one of the reasons why I enjoy making my own stuff most of the time.

Looking at that pic I see about 25$ worth of "stuff" ( and I likely have everything there anyway ) and about an hour of my time to fabricate/assemble the whole deal......and then I'd redo it and make it look trick just because.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

Looking at that pic I see about 25$ worth of "stuff" ( and I likely have everything there anyway ) and about an hour of my time to fabricate/assemble the whole deal......and then I'd redo it and make it look trick just because.
IKR! I said 40k for a Ranger?! Eff that, I got some sheet metal and a welder and made my own. 1300 for tires?! I just went to my rubber tree and Bamm! Any size BFG K02s I want!

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
IKR! I said 40k for a Ranger?! Eff that, I got some sheet metal and a welder and made my own. 1300 for tires?! I just went to my rubber tree and Bamm! Any size BFG K02s I want!
Holy logical fallacy Batman. Lmao

1659319920721.png

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Overlanding and #vanlife has driven the price of almost everything up and then you have sellers like that who take it to the extreme and take advantage of those who equate spending more with getting more. I recently tried to order a Jerry can from a well-known off-roading site because they claimed to have it in stock. Two years ago it's a $40 purchase, now you can't find them for under $80. As soon as I ordered it, the site sent an email saying there would be a 2-3 month wait for it because the manufacturer was so backlogged. In checking (which I should've done first) the manufacturer had them in stock and sells them for less.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Which means at wholesale bulk they probably have a Chinese factory sending them over at $6.66 per unit.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
See these pics here? These were handrails I designed, and we built for a multi-million-dollar house on Vermillion Bay. Know how the owner could afford this place? He is the owner of a company called 'Service Tools' that stocked and sold those cheap $2 screwdrivers and pliers you see in bins at some stores.
Probably paid 25 cents per tool, shipped by container loads from China.
WP_20160928_13_29_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20160928_13_31_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20161018_14_57_00_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
See these pics here? These were handrails I designed, and we built for a multi-million-dollar house on Vermillion Bay. Know how the owner could afford this place? He is the owner of a company called 'Service Tools' that stocked and sold those cheap $2 screwdrivers and pliers you see in bins at some stores.
Probably paid 25 cents per tool, shipped by container loads from China.
WP_20160928_13_29_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20160928_13_31_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20161018_14_57_00_Pro.jpg
My guess is the mass quantities those things are sold more like 10 cents a unit. LOL

Hell I can go on Alibaba and cut out the middle man (Amazon) and buy the same exact "cheap" off road lights that the sellers want $50 for like $10.00 if you buy multiple units.

Only downside is you have wait for the stuff to come via DHL overseas.

If they only charge $10.00, then you can only guess what profit they are still making.

I helped your guy make his millions then cause I've grabbed an oddball item from the $2.00 bin on occasion. haha

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Saw an article today of this couple that bought a school bus for 17K and referb it for short money. We’re living off the grid and on the road.

A year later they’re trying to unload it for 75K saying the road life wasn’t for us but might be for you! ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Saw an article today of this couple that bought a school bus for 17K and referb it for short money. We’re living off the grid and on the road.

A year later they’re trying to unload it for 75K saying the road life wasn’t for us but might be for you! ?
And for somebody, it will be.
There's one born every minute, for sure.