First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Do you get a window sticker with that, that says kick me!? Man I winced when going to their website and looked at the pricing.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
We have sales on Injen occasionally. A big issue with those guys (among just about everybody lately) has been availability.

If you're looking at a particular part number, I can see what we can do.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Injen is getting to be a bit of a gucci brand as of the past decade or so I feel like.

I guess they deserve it though, they've offered tons of great stuff for the tuner community forever now. It's only a matter of time before a successful company will evolve into that sort of thing.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Injen is getting to be a bit of a gucci brand as of the past decade or so I feel like.

I guess they deserve it though, they've offered tons of great stuff for the tuner community forever now. It's only a matter of time before a successful company will evolve into that sort of thing.
Yea I remember when their cold air intake cost me $120 for my 99 Integra. That had a hell of a lot more pipe than this thing, it went all the way to the wheel well area.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
We have sales on Injen occasionally. A big issue with those guys (among just about everybody lately) has been availability.

If you're looking at a particular part number, I can see what we can do.
I'm just interested in an open intake system and though their pricing scheme is donkey balls, they generally know their stuff and make a good product. I can't justify over 400 dollars plus tax on something with less actual physical material included than the competitors. I'm probably just being silly about it, but I won't do it.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I'm just interested in an open intake system and though their pricing scheme is donkey balls, they generally know their stuff and make a good product. I can't justify over 400 dollars plus tax on something with less actual physical material included than the competitors. I'm probably just being silly about it, but I won't do it.
Are there pros to boxless?

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Are there pros to boxless?
Less restrictive air flow and better sounding (if that is on your personal checklist of likes).

Basically instead of air having to flow through multiple piping systems, the filter just gulps in everything around it.

Cons; air pumping in from the factory diverter at the front now mixes more readily with whatever heated air is under the hood. However, IMO, when the truck is in motion this is irrelevant to every consumer but the purpose built truck with attempted cooling optimization.

I also guess another con is if you like to cross bodies of water that reach the bottom of your windshield it will hydrolock quicker. Boxed designs are going to delay the water getting to a critical level inside, but even the drain can't do anything once the water level equalizes inside and the drain has no where to... drain.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I’ve kicked around the idea of an intake but I’m running stock tune, so have ended up doing more practical upgrades along the way. I’m just not sure it would make a difference for me.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I bought mine for about 280$ from goturbo here, at the time I was able to use the code fall and save even more. Possibly chek online for coupon codes. I have also seen them cheaper here but they are sold out at the moment.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what all I can do to the factory air box.

Maybe something as simple as leaving the lid off?

That is one part of the truck I had not even bothered to look at to see what could be manipulated.

Edit: NM that won't work I forgot the tubing sensor is molded to the lid.

Maybe cut a big ass hole in the top? haha

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I love my Injen intake, the quality of the finish and fabrication isn’t as good as I had expected but it’s a fine product. They are built by people, it costs money to fabricate this stuff. I’m going to be making a 4” open intake soon and you can bet it will cost around $400 when ready and will be way nicer made. Either way though… I’m very happy with the performance and sound of my Injen intake.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Here is mine, the powder coat is bad in a few places. Overall I like it though. I’ll have it refinished to match the lower pipe if I keep it. Going to do a dyno comparison soon between Injen, Mishi and stock as soon as I get the chance to.

513D5350-3AE7-46F8-BEAA-15E4F53CF31D.jpeg

FC688127-59D9-44AB-8E6F-1AC1604F061A.jpeg

ADB66748-389A-4A98-9D13-A5C46CFF4955.jpeg

14868F60-974E-449A-945D-9A346ABCE858.jpeg

6F45298A-E1F7-464B-8CAA-96399D0ABF81.jpeg

1B015C2F-0056-4772-A91E-1E371C6FBB9D.jpeg

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I also guess another con is if you like to cross bodies of water that reach the bottom of your windshield it will hydrolock quicker. Boxed designs are going to delay the water getting to a critical level inside, but even the drain can't do anything once the water level equalizes inside and the drain has no where to... drain.

Driving through a big enough puddle in the road has the potential to lock up a motor that has a big open cone filter on it, don't even need a water crossing lol.

Which really sucks if you gotta pay for all that labor. Cost my buddys brother 14 hours to replace the motor in his sentra.
Sponsored