I did it. I escaped

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Wow those are some memories summer jam 73 was awesome. Crosby stills was there too. Took some laps on that track a year later in a lotus. Awesome track and good people too
that had to be fun in a lotus, a customer of mine bought an elise, was about 8 yrs back and even then I had a very hard time getting out it, today would need a harness and crane to get me out.

here is a link to Colin Chapman's quotes - I like the one about he wouldn't ever drive a race car that he built - his autos weren't exactly a good place to be in a crash.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/27371-Colin_Chapman
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
that had to be fun in a lotus, a customer of mine bought an elise, was about 8 yrs back and even then I had a very hard time getting out it, today would need a harness and crane to get me out.

here is a link to Colin Chapman's quotes - I like the one about he wouldn't ever drive a race car that he built - his autos weren't exactly a good place to be in a crash.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/27371-Colin_Chapman
The racing version of the Europa, with Ford Cosworth twin cam 1600cc instead of Europa's 1470cc Renault 16 engine. This was a fiberglass body so very light. Very loud with headers too
75FD12B4-1ABA-43B0-BBD8-1B53A9E146E8.jpeg

OP
OP

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Born and raised in SE Texas and been to a fair number of places around the US and some outside the US. I know that each and every year I live here I look more and more longingly toward places like Montana, or Wyoming just maybe to become a reverse snow-bird.

Tennessee was one place that also caught my fancy as well. They have at least one extra season there compared to Texas.

Sad to see you go but understand why. :)

D
I love Texas and if I ever move back it’s to the hill country. My daughter is a native born Texan and it’ll always be a second home. I have three states I’ll now follow politically, New York, Pennsylvania and now Texas ?

Yeah Tennessee is beautiful, especially the Smokey Mountains. Love driving through that area.

Montana and Idaho are on my short list to visit.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I love Texas and if I ever move back it’s to the hill country. My daughter is a native born Texan and it’ll always be a second home. I have three states I’ll now follow politically, New York, Pennsylvania and now Texas ?

Yeah Tennessee is beautiful, especially the Smokey Mountains. Love driving through that area.

Montana and Idaho are on my short list to visit.
You should've bought a 5th wheel. That way you could live in all 3 places throughout the year. ?

We'll be going through Montana next year on our way to and from Glacier NP. I won't get to spend as much time three as I'd like but we're really looking forward to going there. ID is another I would like to check out but I think southern ID because IIRC they don't get such harsh winters.

OP
OP

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You should've bought a 5th wheel. That way you could live in all 3 places throughout the year. ?

We'll be going through Montana next year on our way to and from Glacier NP. I won't get to spend as much time three as I'd like but we're really looking forward to going there. ID is another I would like to check out but I think southern ID because IIRC they don't get such harsh winters.
God I wish! I would actually love to do that. Get my pistol permit in Texas and Pennsylvania and just leave my gun snuggled up on Pennsylvania soil waiting for my return.

That’s awesome. I’m definitely jealous. I’m sure you’ll love both places from everything I’ve heard from anyone who’s been to both places. I have a feeling you’re going to be tempted to move after visiting lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
God I wish! I would actually love to do that. Get my pistol permit in Texas and Pennsylvania and just leave my gun snuggled up on Pennsylvania soil waiting for my return.

That’s awesome. I’m definitely jealous. I’m sure you’ll love both places from everything I’ve heard from anyone who’s been to both places. I have a feeling you’re going to be tempted to move after visiting lol.
That would be awesome to be able to do and I envy those who work remotely now. Also with the new Starlink satellite you pretty much can. They really need a national gun registry at least for all the pro 2A states. Luckily my AZ CCW is reciprocal with almost every state except the ones you'd expect it not to be. :wink:

We were tempted to move to South Dakota when we were there last month. It's so nice there and I love all the small towns that are still like they were 30, 40 years ago. They're not commercialized with big box stores and all still have mom and pop places. But it gets way to cold there for to long so we'll continue to look but keep it on the list. On our trips now we try to include potential places to relocate to. This way we kind of kill two birds with one stone. Ideally it would be nice to have two places and I did that for 3 years but it is a lot of work.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I wasn't talking about Canada although I'd never live there either. The gun laws there are enough to keep me out.
It because you don't need a gun here. The laws are fine.
Little known fact, we ran out of room up here, no more space to build.

OP
OP

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
That would be awesome to be able to do and I envy those who work remotely now. Also with the new Starlink satellite you pretty much can. They really need a national gun registry at least for all the pro 2A states. Luckily my AZ CCW is reciprocal with almost every state except the ones you'd expect it not to be. :wink:

We were tempted to move to South Dakota when we were there last month. It's so nice there and I love all the small towns that are still like they were 30, 40 years ago. They're not commercialized with big box stores and all still have mom and pop places. But it gets way to cold there for to long so we'll continue to look but keep it on the list. On our trips now we try to include potential places to relocate to. This way we kind of kill two birds with one stone. Ideally it would be nice to have two places and I did that for 3 years but it is a lot of work.
Thats a good strategy.

I’m sure you guys have visited New Mexico before? I love the state, it’s definitely not as hot as Arizona, but I guess they have water issues right along with west Texas and Arizona. Northern New Mexico is beautiful. I would have considered New Mexico myself, but the lack of jobs and higher crime turned me off. But if you’re going to retire it’s something to consider.

South Dakota is a place that I’ve never considered, not because I’ve never been there, but because it’s always flying under the radar. Maybe that’s a good thing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thats a good strategy.

I’m sure you guys have visited New Mexico before? I love the state, it’s definitely not as hot as Arizona, but I guess they have water issues right along with west Texas and Arizona. Northern New Mexico is beautiful. I would have considered New Mexico myself, but the lack of jobs and higher crime turned me off. But if you’re going to retire it’s something to consider.

South Dakota is a place that I’ve never considered, not because I’ve never been there, but because it’s always flying under the radar. Maybe that’s a good thing.
Funny because we've never been the NM yet. We'll be traveling through next June on our way back here so we might try and stay over a couple nights in different areas to check them out. But like you said the water issues are real there and that's a big concern down the road. Luckily we're not in a hurry to move but it would be nice to get a plan together sooner than later. You'd think with such a large country this would be easier. lol

Right now it seems like SD is that hidden gem but you'd better like the cold weather. ?

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Native Texan, did some time (more than a year) in Colorado, Korea, and Iraq. Glad to be back home. I just got a job offer to sit on top of the one I am fighting for right now. However, my response to the new offer was you won't pay for what it would take me to relocate to X state. Nothing against the company and everything against the State.

That said. I'd move away from Houston to the hill country for the cost of the move (and a job).

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have 12 acres in Steuben county NY, I’m a few miles away from the Pennsylvania border. My plot is on top of a huge hill and in the woods. It’s on a dirt road and hardly any traffic. After coming from oil country the quiet is almost eerie. Can’t see any neighbors. I know I’m going to curse myself in the winter but this is where I’m from.

have you guys explored Pennsylvania? I might sell in a few years and skip the border just for the better gun rights.

Where are you guys flirting with ?
That is where I am from Steuben county. I grew up in Arkport. My mom still there on the back road to Canseraga. My dad lives in Dansville.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Report on people moving to and fro in the USA, didn't see CO on the list, but saw a recent poll where people here are in favor of limiting population growth, good luck with making that happen.

https://moneywise.com/life/travel/s...m_term=mon_mwd_9_13&utm_content=mon_mwd_20569
What a weird article. Besides what they say about Missouri is backwards I've never seen a writer quote random redditors as sources for an article. I guess it's par for the course these days since they've been citing people/bots on twitter for years.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just left Denver in the last couple of weeks for a smaller town in Arkansas as we were very ready to leave Colorado. Colorado isn't the same as it used to be 20+ years ago, when I lived there the first time. I don't really have a home growing up as a military brat and then 20 years in the military myself, but I know anything California-like, isn't for me.

I do miss AZ, but our house we built that used to be on the west end of the valley, near Luke AFB, is now in town. No thanks.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a weird article. Besides what they say about Missouri is backwards I've never seen a writer quote random redditors as sources for an article. I guess it's par for the course these days since they've been citing people/bots on twitter for years.
I just looked at the rankings and didn't read the associated verbiage, but I agree with your assessment - lots of these sites seem to employ entry level or marginal writers that need to fill in the blank spaces and whether or not their info/opinion is credible doesn't seem to matter much. Most of the authors probably benefited from the student loan forgiveness, but hey they are at least working. Gotta wonder how many people are employed in media and media related occupations.
Sponsored