Howdy from Texas

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Howdy folks,

I just picked up a leftover 2019 Lariat 4x4 back on August 21st. Basically this all started when I got bored and looked into Carvana/Vroom offers on my car (2018 GTI) and was pretty impressed with what they were offering . I knew I wanted a midsize and the Ranger seemed to tick all my boxes. I set out to look around for any good deals and didn't really find much even with X-Plan pricing, until I found this one about an hour outside of Washington DC.

I contacted the folks at Criswell Ford (awesome group of guys) and worked out the deal which was pretty simple due to it being heavily discounted. I bought my plane ticket and flew up to Washington DC and drove it back 1300 miles over the weekend! I come from an extensive background of VW/Audi (GTI, Golf R, S3) so switching over to a truck has been a bit of an adjustment, but the size of the Ranger makes it pretty easy vs a F-150. I have about 2000 miles on it now and it's been nothing short of fantastic! Definitely looking forward to learning about the truck and meeting some folks along the way.

50280542862_71c7a56fbf_h.jpg

50280542897_c695f39ddb_h.jpg
Sponsored

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your new Ranger. Very nice pictures.

I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste something I posted in another new member thread in case you want to start spending a little more money to get you started. :)

A couple of low cost things you might want to consider to get you started on spending. :)

The Stubby Jr. 2 inch antenna if you don't like the large factory antenna.

https://www.cravenspeed.com/stubby-jr-antenna-for-2019-2020-ford-ranger/

They make a 4 inch one as well.

A cheap led night light to plug in to the 110v outlet in the back. This will disable the auto stop/start for only a few bucks if you are like many and find it annoying. This is what many suggested here and I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED2BIK/

There are more expensive items to disable it as well but I don't recall what they are off the top of my head.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Howdy folks,

I just picked up a leftover 2019 Lariat 4x4 back on August 21st. Basically this all started when I got bored and looked into Carvana/Vroom offers on my car (2018 GTI) and was pretty impressed with what they were offering . I knew I wanted a midsize and the Ranger seemed to tick all my boxes. I set out to look around for any good deals and didn't really find much even with X-Plan pricing, until I found this one about an hour outside of Washington DC.

I contacted the folks at Criswell Ford (awesome group of guys) and worked out the deal which was pretty simple due to it being heavily discounted. I bought my plane ticket and flew up to Washington DC and drove it back 1300 miles over the weekend! I come from an extensive background of VW/Audi (GTI, Golf R, S3) so switching over to a truck has been a bit of an adjustment, but the size of the Ranger makes it pretty easy vs a F-150. I have about 2000 miles on it now and it's been nothing short of fantastic! Definitely looking forward to learning about the truck and meeting some folks along the way.

Welcome! Beautiful Ranger!

Will Quincy

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2014
Occupation
Photographer
Howdy! That's a nice-lookin' Ranger. Welcome aboard!

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Howdy folks,

Nice looking truck and adventure of how it transpired :clap:

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your new Ranger. Very nice pictures.

I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste something I posted in another new member thread in case you want to start spending a little more money to get you started. :)
Good idea on the LED light. Do you unplug it when you park so it's not drawing current?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Good idea on the LED light. Do you unplug it when you park so it's not drawing current?
It shuts off when the truck is turned off. So I leave it plugged in. Also make sure you get one without a sensor. The one I linked is what others have suggested here and it has worked great for me so far. I've had it in for almost a month now.
Sponsored