dalekinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT
Hello everyone,

Could someone tell me how to reset the trip meter in the 2020 ranger (I wonder if its the same for the 2019) would love to reset the AVG gas economy etc. I have the XLT (not lariat). I have tried finding it in the manual and I must be over looking it. I thought you go into it and hold the RES button (thought this was reset) but I can not figure it out. Would appreciate the help. Could someone point me in the right direction and or page in the manual?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Pvsaint

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2014 Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Fire Captain
Reset it using the OK button on the left of the steering wheel. Go to Trip A or B and hold the button for a few seconds.

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
is there anyway to just reset the trip only and not the average MPG? I could do this on my wifes '16 Escape

OP
OP

dalekinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT
Reset it using the OK button on the left of the steering wheel. Go to Trip A or B and hold the button for a few seconds.
Ok thanks. Will go outside in a few and try it. Are you saying to hold down the ok button?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I thought you go into it and hold the RES button (thought this was reset)
The RES button is the Restore button for cruise control. Takes you back to last speed setting.

Resets everything in selected Trip meter.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
is there anyway to just reset the trip only and not the average MPG? I could do this on my wifes '16 Escape
I don't think so but I could be wrong. I just only reset the Trip 1 and have never reset Trip 2. So Trip 2 should show my average since I had it I think.

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I tend to use trip 2 for my total vacation trip and use trip 1 for each tank filled during the vacation. It gives me total vacation mileage and mpg. As we know, the mpg on the Ranger as true for any vehicle is not reliable and it is better to calculate on the calculator for the actual MPG. But, generally speaking, trip 2 is an awesome feature to use for any long trip.
Sponsored