First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Hey guys, like many of you I plan to tow long distances with my Ranger, but! The fuel capacity is a issue. I will be averaging about 10-12 mpg when towing which gives me a range of 180-190 miles. That sucks! But oh well, so my plan is to carry at least 5 gallons of fuel just in case.

I wanted to plan this out before I’m out in the middle of nowhere trying to add 5 gallons to my truck. This might be a no brainer to some of you but I thought I could just stick the fuel hose in there and fill it up... not the case! I ended up using a funnel. You have to push the “Capless” tab back and then use a couple of flat head screwdrivers to push two tabs to the side and then you can put a funnel or nozzle in. I suppose if you got a funnel that was the same size as a normal gas pump nozzle it would do this automatically. But anyway here’s a pic of the two tabs that you have to push to the sides. Just thought I would share so others could prepare themselves.

81106B7E-2F7C-43D4-B43D-BA178A5B9B1C.jpeg
Sponsored

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
That works but you can use the she-pee looking thing that should be under the rear seat I believe as a funnel meant for that.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Oh so that fits right in eh? That makes sense lol
Yeah, I only know because our past and current Fords have them. I use additives and if you don't use it, it just bypasses onto the ground. Ask me how I know! :headbang:

OP
OP
MTB-BRUH

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Yeah, I only know because our past and current Fords have them. I use additives and if you don't use it, it just bypasses onto the ground. Ask me how I know! :headbang:
Haha well good to know! Thanks for the info

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Haha well good to know! Thanks for the info
Under the seat most of the time, I have seen them up near the spare tire on some truck pictures. Possibly in the shorter cab models.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
It's near the jack on the SCrew. When in doubt, RTFM.
Sponsored