How long for the Ranger smile to fade?

SLCRangerowner

First Name
Derk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Well, this is not the first post that I was hoping for. Smile is quickly fading after a month of ownership and 800 miles. My prior car was an Audi ( I have only owned VW and Audi prior to this). Over 8 years of ownership, I never had to take the Audi in for anything other than scheduled maintenance. The same can be said for my VW's in the past. My new Ranger has already been in the shop twice this month for a "power train fault". The dealership still cannot figure out the problem. I get that cars are complicated, but this is extremely annoying when compared to my last vehicle. Sorry to vent.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
That sucks you got a dud one but hopefully it'll just be the only thing that happens

Deleted member 1634

Just ticked over the 30,000 mile mark yesterday on our winter forest road adventuring. Hitting the 18 month mark in a couple days as well. Stopped to check on some erronious smoke in a field in the middle of the woods (just to be sure) and had to take an extra minute on the walk back to enjoy looking at the truck, all covered in snow and dust and mud. Still looks good and still very happy!

SLCRangerowner

First Name
Derk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I thought I would post an update regarding my fading smile. All is good again. Smile is back. It took some time(several overnight stays), but the dealer finally found that there was an incorrectly installed ignition fuse that caused the wrench light to appear. Back to loving my first truck.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Still only <6,000 miles, and 15 months...but no regrets at all....love driving it!

468D6B6E-077E-429D-B316-0AA4C3AD8EA3.jpeg

9B29FD22-299F-4DD1-B1F9-CF56F0E3622E.jpeg

103CA314-A222-4AC0-B9FB-A685284C5D14.jpeg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I thought I would post an update regarding my fading smile. All is good again. Smile is back. It took some time(several overnight stays), but the dealer finally found that there was an incorrectly installed ignition fuse that caused the wrench light to appear. Back to loving my first truck.
Thanx for the update!
Sponsored