SknyGny

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I have only had my Ranger 5 days, but I can't stop smiling every time I talk about it or go for a drive. I even smiled going to work at 4am. So far this is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a few over the years.
J my first was a '85, my favorite so far was my recently passed 04 FX 4 Level 2, 5 speed. This new 19 with automatic trans. is a great replacement...still smiling
Sponsored

DeadSkiHead

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Im about 5 months and 10,000 miles in. Still love every second of driving it. This is my 6th truck. Also own a 66 C-10, but Ive had a couple F150s, a Tahoe and a Silverado. All 4x4. Step dad had previous gen Ranger and it was a great truck, but I'm really glad they decided to beef up the current gen. Ive been watching Aussies bang them up for years on YouTube.

DeadSkiHead

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Whoops the C-10 isnt 4x4 obviously or itd be a K-10. More of a family heirloom than a truck. All my daily drivers have been 4x4. Really impressed with the Rangers capability so far, but Im wanting to push it once I get some better tires.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
From the day Ford announced they were bringing the Ranger back Iā€™ve talked about owning one - to the point that my wife and family were tired of hearing about me ā€˜wanting a Rangerā€™.
The plan was to get a 2020 Lariat in the spring. When Ford announced the big rebates for the 2019 XLT it was too good to pass up and I got the green light to get one.
While not my Lariat, I was able to find this loaded XLT at my LOCAL dealership (karma?) and couldnā€™t be happier!
I purchased it on 12/12 and have to say itā€™s the only vehicle Iā€™ve owned that Iā€™m obsessed with. I love just looking at it - to the point that a couple times a day - if at home Iā€™ll open the garage door and turn on the light just to get a 30 second look....or if Iā€™m at work Iā€™ll walk over to a window just to see it in the parking lot. I donā€™t see this stopping anytime soon as I really love this truck.
Yes, my name is Alan and I have a problem - I have a Ranger addiction issue.

4EF5A056-65C4-4BF4-B4D4-F9BE3A06769B.jpeg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
From the day Ford announced they were bringing the Ranger back Iā€™ve talked about owning one - to the point that my wife and family were tired of hearing about me ā€˜wanting a Rangerā€™.
The plan was to get a 2020 Lariat in the spring. When Ford announced the big rebates for the 2019 XLT it was too good to pass up and I got the green light to get one.
While not my Lariat, I was able to find this loaded XLT at my LOCAL dealership (karma?) and couldnā€™t be happier!
I purchased it on 12/12 and have to say itā€™s the only vehicle Iā€™ve owned that Iā€™m obsessed with. I love just looking at it - to the point that a couple times a day - if at home Iā€™ll open the garage door and turn on the light just to get a 30 second look....or if Iā€™m at work Iā€™ll walk over to a window just to see it in the parking lot. I donā€™t see this stopping anytime soon as I really love this truck.

4EF5A056-65C4-4BF4-B4D4-F9BE3A06769B.jpeg
I hear you bud, some 3 years ago when Ford announced that they were bringing the Ranger back, I vowed to myself that I would own one.
My last new car purchase was on Nov. 7, 1999 when I took delivery of my 2000 S/Cab in Portland, OR.
When the 2019's appeared in the showrooms here, I was disappointed in the color choices so I purposely held out until the 2020's were announced with hopes of a dark blue being offered, no such luck. All my 3 previous Ford trucks were special ordered and dark blue.
So, last Aug. 20, I special ordered my 2020, it was delivered on Jan. 18, 2 days shy of 5 months, it was well worth the wait.
My family was shocked that I sprang for red...

20200119_092548.jpg

Deleted member 1634

I hear you bud, some 3 years ago when Ford announced that they were bringing the Ranger back, I vowed to myself that I would own one.
My last new car purchase was on Nov. 7, 1999 when I took delivery of my 2000 S/Cab in Portland, OR.
When the 2019's appeared in the showrooms here, I was disappointed in the color choices so I purposely held out until the 2020's were announced with hopes of a dark blue being offered, no such luck. All my 3 previous Ford trucks were special ordered and dark blue.
So, last Aug. 20, I special ordered my 2020, it was delivered on Jan. 18, 2 days shy of 5 months, it was well worth the wait.
My family was shocked that I sprang for red...
I've always wanted a Ranger. My dad had a Gen1 when I was a kid, my grandpa has had many, my brother had a Gen1 in college. So when I was looking to buy my first new vehicle, the Ranger was essentially the ideal choice, but they discontinued production before I was able to get one. I ended up getting something that was plenty good, but wasn't what I really wanted. The moment they announced it was coming back, I immediately knew that was going to be my next vehicle purchase. I planned on waiting a bit longer to save up for a bigger down payment, but things happened and I was essentially forced into it. No regrets at all! Very happy with my Ranger!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I've always wanted a Ranger. My dad had a Gen1 when I was a kid, my grandpa has had many, my brother had a Gen1 in college. So when I was looking to buy my first new vehicle, the Ranger was essentially the ideal choice, but they discontinued production before I was able to get one. I ended up getting something that was plenty good, but wasn't what I really wanted. The moment they announced it was coming back, I immediately knew that was going to be my next vehicle purchase. I planned on waiting a bit longer to save up for a bigger down payment, but things happened and I was essentially forced into it. No regrets at all! Very happy with my Ranger!
Hawaii's vehicle landscape is infested with Toyotas, the 4 top selling vehicles are Toyotas, with the Tacoma leading the charge.
It may be an excellent truck to some, but I personally find it's attributes alluding, with the exception of resale value.
My Ranger is all I expected to be and more, I've embarrassed a few Taco drivers at "stoplight derbies" already, but given the 3.5 V6 they put in them, so could my 18 year old Honda CR-V.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Wife turned 4,000 miles today. We love this little truck. Well not that little... We only took delivery 12/23 so just over 2 months.
C724091A-C4FE-4DA2-BD80-376D07CDBF04.jpeg
Sponsored