How long for ROVP Confirmation?

19SilverRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me how long it should take to get ROVP order confirmation back? My dealer hasn’t gotten that back and I’m already impatiently waiting. I ordered over the New Years week so it could take a little longer...
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone tell me how long it should take to get ROVP order confirmation back? My dealer hasn’t gotten that back and I’m already impatiently waiting. I ordered over the New Years week so it could take a little longer...
Some people got it 1-2 days after ordering, maybe a week at most. I would follow up with your dealer.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat. The dealer said that Ford would call me to confirm the order--True or not ??

Lance M Jones

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat. The dealer said that Ford would call me to confirm the order--True or not ??
I put my order in on December 07 and still haven't gotten a production date. You will have to be patient.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not true. The dealership is the one who interfaces with Ford corporate, not the customer.

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on 12/18 and finally got a hold of my dealer yesterday.

He said, "Nothing yet, but Ford had us verify the orders to make sure they were still good on Friday (1/4). So I am hoping that they will schedule you truck soon."

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
Not true. The dealership is the one who interfaces with Ford corporate, not the customer.
One of the things that you need to keep in mind for the next few weeks or so is that the North American Auto Show is in Detroit from Jan 14 to Jan 27th, So they need to get as many Rangers in local dealers hands as possible for test drives and orders. The dealers that are lined up to work the show seem to have gotten or will get vehicles. This show is rather large with 8 to 9 hundred thousand visitors, now granted not all of them will be ordering Rangers but there seems to be a growing interest in this truck around this area and I expect the local dealers to get a small bump in their priority.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things that you need to keep in mind for the next few weeks or so is that the North American Auto Show is in Detroit from Jan 14 to Jan 27th, So they need to get as many Rangers in local dealers hands as possible for test drives and orders. The dealers that are lined up to work the show seem to have gotten or will get vehicles. This show is rather large with 8 to 9 hundred thousand visitors, now granted not all of them will be ordering Rangers but there seems to be a growing interest in this truck around this area and I expect the local dealers to get a small bump in their priority.
Seems like they should have had plenty of units to send out that were sitting until the OKTB was achieved. I can't imagine they have shipped all those units yet? It would be nice to have more info though. I have not seen scheduling info except what was posted back in December. I thought they were scheduling this week for the end of Feb? Maybe things have changed.

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
Seems like they should have had plenty of units to send out that were sitting until the OKTB was achieved. I can't imagine they have shipped all those units yet? It would be nice to have more info though. I have not seen scheduling info except what was posted back in December. I thought they were scheduling this week for the end of Feb? Maybe things have changed.
I really do not have a good idea how many were sitting and waiting to be shipped, my original estimate was 2 to 300 but I may be off by a lot [and probably was] . There was also a recent [few days ago] recall for airbag inflators, don't know if those needed to be switched out, its possible because it was a pretty sudden announcement . I am pretty sure that most if not all of those waiting were dealer inventory because of the show, I'am sure they plan to sell a lot right off the bat. It's hard to tell exactly how it will all shake out, but I know that as hard as it is to take at the moment , within a couple of months we will all be happy as hell with our new trucks and this worrying about it will all be behind us. I know Ford Motor is on top of all this. The dealers Not So Much, Have a good one and try to have patience. I Know - I Know Patience my a$$ I want to scream !

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned this elsewhere but my dealer said they learned in a meeting yesterday that Ford was planning on "batch scheduling unscheduled retail orders" on the week of 1/21 so hopefully we get some details soon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned this elsewhere but my dealer said they learned in a meeting yesterday that Ford was planning on "batch scheduling unscheduled retail orders" on the week of 1/21 so hopefully we get some details soon.
I saw your comment, but what does that do for scheduling this week and next week? Last I saw they were supposed to be scheduling this week for a build date the week of 2/25. Does that mean that no retail orders will be scheduled until 1/21? (which will push the build date way into March, I'm guessing)

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I saw your comment, but what does that do for scheduling this week and next week? Last I saw they were supposed to be scheduling this week for a build date the week of 2/25. Does that mean that no retail orders will be scheduled until 1/21? (which will push the build date way into March, I'm guessing)
I agree, it would seem strange unless they are focusing on stock orders until then. My dealer seem sincere but I can't confirm anything beyond that.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

It took 8 days for mine to be approved. I put in the order on the 20th and received a text from my salesperson on the 28th showing that it was approved. I did ensure that my dealer understood how to submit it through the program. I got the sense that they didn't know the program existed.

No changes since the 28th. I've done this before so I'm prepared to not see it for at least a few more months.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what an "In Order Processing" status means? The status on my order just changed to that status in the last few days. Does that mean it is getting scheduled?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what an "In Order Processing" status means? The status on my order just changed to that status in the last few days. Does that mean it is getting scheduled?
That should be the status before "In Production".
Sponsored