First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
It would be nice if the passenger side window was auto up/down like the driver side. Has anyone upgraded it and how did you do it? Is it a different motor or is it something else? I haven’t even begun to research it at the time of posting but I’m about to. I just figured I’d post the question here and see what happens.

So you are willing to go through all this just so you can one touch a window?
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Just installed the Trac Modules so all four windows in my super crew are one touch now. Took about 20 minutes to do all three.

Contrary to the instructions I just popped the switch modules out of the arm rest using a trim tool, doing it this way there is no need to remove a door panel. Two out of the three the metal clip came off, one I was able to fish out of the door with a magnet and put back on. The other one no longer has a clip but you still need the trim tool to get it out of the arm rest.

The switch module has a hook that catches under a plastic piece in the arm rest toward the front of the car. The metal clip is toward the rear of the door. After loosing and having to fish the clip out on the rear doors I used the trim tool to lift up on the passenger front door then a rear small screw driver was slipped in to push back on the clip. This one came out with the clip still in place.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
One thing that if you’re not aware of it you should be. These aftermarket modules do not have pinch control. They will continue to try to close and not reverse if lets say a child’s or pets head is in the path of the closing window. Your fingers are your own fault!
Sponsored