Has anyone upgraded the passenger side window to auto up/down

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It would be nice if the passenger side window was auto up/down like the driver side. Has anyone upgraded it and how did you do it? Is it a different motor or is it something else? I haven’t even begun to research it at the time of posting but I’m about to. I just figured I’d post the question here and see what happens.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DangerRanger8721

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Thank you. And I came across this immediately after beginning my googling. It’s considerably cheaper so that makes me skeptical. I haven’t yet read into the one you just posted but the one I found only does one window so maybe that explains the cost difference. I only need one lol so it could be a win……the reviews seem good…..most of the 26 that is….

AutoLoc Power Accessories 9862 One Touch Up And Down Window Unit https://a.co/d/0JjQIst

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
I did the RedTek and love it. Kind of short sighted not that I am trading in the Ranger in a few weeks. But hey someone will get a kick out of it when they figure out it is not a stock option.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I will be getting the Redtek combo windows/mirrors. Ford should have this straight from the factory. Waiting for them to come back from vacation. Guess I have to wait a week.

OP
OP
DangerRanger8721

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I did the RedTek and love it. Kind of short sighted not that I am trading in the Ranger in a few weeks. But hey someone will get a kick out of it when they figure out it is not a stock option.
Kinda like paying it forward! How was it to install? Also are you in Australia if not where(ish) how long did it take to get to you?

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Kinda like paying it forward! How was it to install? Also are you in Australia if not where(ish) how long did it take to get to you?
I am in the Atlanta area. I think it took roughly a week and a half to get here maybe a little longer via DHL.

Install was pretty straight forward maybe an hour. The only parts that were a bit annoying was the final mounting location and getting the dang trim off of the door handle.

OP
OP
DangerRanger8721

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am in the Atlanta area. I think it took roughly a week and a half to get here maybe a little longer via DHL.

Install was pretty straight forward maybe an hour. The only parts that were a bit annoying was the final mounting location and getting the dang trim off of the door handle.
I’m going for it! Others said the same thing about the lead time and one user posted a link to their very detailed well written instructions in this thread. I wish this was a standard feature but it’s likely a cost saving measure for auto manufacturers. If they got it for a fraction of the price it would still add up once you consider all the vehicles produced….

OP
OP
DangerRanger8721

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Order placed! I went with the trac electronics for just the passenger window as I have a supercab. Now we play the waiting game