First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt , 2014 Harley triglide
Occupation
Retired firefighter/medic
I had it installed so not positive but it sure sounded like they took it out. The instructions I saw on Amazon called for it to be taken out and gives dimensions for the cuts and holes. The paperwork I received from the installer didn't have that included. See the review here: "I wanted to love it" by JFlo

I was planning to do it myself but for $30 it was worth having them do it since it took the experts an hour in a warm shop. I would have at least doubled that time and been working in the cold.
Thanks KJ, I think I’ll try drilling the holes without removing the bedliner, hopefully when it warms up this week. Also ,where did you have it installed?
Sponsored

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Also ,where did you have it installed?
http://autodetails-elyria.com/ Small shop, not too busy and they were helpful when I went out there to talk with them and look over my options. You can read all you want about something but to actually have your hands on it is helpful to me when selecting something like this. Can't lose all the local shops to online places.

Hedgie

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
http://autodetails-elyria.com/ Small shop, not too busy and they were helpful when I went out there to talk with them and look over my options. You can read all you want about something but to actually have your hands on it is helpful to me when selecting something like this. Can't lose all the local shops to online places.
Thanks a bunch

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Solid Fold 2.0 as well. As I hand wash I have not noticed any real leaks other than the gap in the tailgate. Overall very satisfied.

took about 40 min to install myself.

Keith Vlk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keithvlk.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Creative (Photo/Video/Motion Graphics)
I have the Xtang Xceed cover.... Love it!
  • Virtually flush and seamless fit all the way around.
  • The finish matches the other black finish on the truck.
  • Super strong.... I've knelt on it. :whew:
  • EnduraCoat finish over the aluminum panels.
  • Secure rotary-release handle on rear panel.
  • Has not leaked at all (even with a power-wand spray wash)
IMG_6379.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

IMG_6384.jpeg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can you post pictures of where the extra brackets attach? The instructions that came with mine looked like they were printed on an old shitty printer. Can't make out the pictures at all.

If not, I understand. Thanks!

Keith

Perturbedmax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger, 15 F150
I really like the solid fold as well, had one on my f150 and tundra before that.

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have the Xtang Xceed cover.... Love it!
  • Virtually flush and seamless fit all the way around.
  • The finish matches the other black finish on the truck.
  • Super strong.... I've knelt on it. :whew:
  • EnduraCoat finish over the aluminum panels.
  • Secure rotary-release handle on rear panel.
  • Has not leaked at all (even with a power-wand spray wash)
IMG_6379.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

IMG_6384.jpeg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks great!! What did that run for pricing?

Todfoxx31

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Bakflip MX4. Company stands by their products. Can be a little extra work installing it with the shims, but it keeps my bed dry. Love how the last segment closes with the tailgate closed to seal off well. Haven't had another brand but so far very happy with MX4.

AE7E08EB-8130-4211-AB64-68737E44022A.jpeg

AB2AFE10-32F6-4F87-9C02-7199176EE650.jpeg

E7D494E4-830C-4CD4-ADC7-9039AA3D91B6.jpeg

B9F47A0A-5D09-4346-8EA8-F993B6352596.jpeg
How many shims did you have to use? I just bought one and it should arrive soon. I’m also a little worried that it may dent easy, no garage and I have 2 walnut trees near my driveway!

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
How many shims did you have to use? I just bought one and it should arrive soon. I’m also a little worried that it may dent easy, no garage and I have 2 walnut trees near my driveway!
Used the shims that came with it. I don’t think walnuts will damage this. It’s kind of rigid so I doubt it will anything.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Can you post pictures of where the extra brackets attach? The instructions that came with mine looked like they were printed on an old shitty printer. Can't make out the pictures at all.

If not, I understand. Thanks!

Keith
Hey Keith.... unfortunately, I have installed my BedRug over all those brackets, so getting a picture is not possible without disassembly. Sorry! :confused:

I installed this months ago, so details are a bit fuzzy, but I do remember the instructions on those brackets being confusing at best. After getting into it, it made sense tho.

Even after finishing, I decided to call Xtang and double check what it did was accurate.... which it was. The rep emailed me the install instructions in a pdf. I've attached it to see if it helps?
Cheers!

Attachments

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Looks great!! What did that run for pricing?
Thanks Wayne! I got it with a bunch of other stuff and received a nice discount on the whole purchase (RealTruck). It worked out to about $800 or so I think?

Keith Vlk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keithvlk.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Creative (Photo/Video/Motion Graphics)
Hey Keith.... unfortunately, I have installed my BedRug over all those brackets, so getting a picture is not possible without disassembly. Sorry! :confused:

I installed this months ago, so details are a bit fuzzy, but I do remember the instructions on those brackets being confusing at best. After getting into it, it made sense tho.

Even after finishing, I decided to call Xtang and double check what it did was accurate.... which it was. The rep emailed me the install instructions in a pdf. I've attached it to see if it helps?
Cheers!
Appreciate the PDF. But you were right, once I got the pieces laid out and looked at available holes in the bed, it all came together. Appreciate the response though!

Keith

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Just got an online quote from Tonneaucovered.com for $829 for the bak flip mx4...is that a good price? Also says they do call in specials so may get it cheaper.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Just got an online quote from Tonneaucovered.com for $829 for the bak flip mx4...is that a good price? Also says they do call in specials so may get it cheaper.
Yes that’s what I got mine for. Seems to be a good price unless you can get elsewhere for same price and discount code.

Last edited:

Hedgie

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They throw in a roll of tailgate seal. got my extang solidfold 2 and 10 feet of tailgate seal for $800 with no tax and free shipping. Came fed ex the following day
Sponsored