First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i think the guy has a cool idea and i wanna see it when finished. it will either be really sweet or an ugly mess.
Sponsored

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
I'm sure it will be cool, but my first thought is: "Wow! You won't be able to haul people OR gear!"

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure it will be cool, but my first thought is: "Wow! You won't be able to haul people OR gear!"
This.

Generally its people, gear or a balance of either.

In my case I opted for massive gear transport, but my truck isn't designed for off-road, its more akin to a emergency bug out station on four wheels.

So I've done a rear seat delete for more storage (and a platform for my doggies), but technically some people could still jump in the back.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
To be clear, he chopped up a top, nothing on the Bronco itself, right? "Chopped up a bronco more-doors top and did some fab work." Because he says he can still use the original hard top. I'd be surprised if an aftermarket doesn't make a replacement top to do something similar.

Edit: I should have read a little further in the thread because he says:

This is sick....uh...what happened to the original role bar?
Chopped it off. Like I said, I will build chrome alloy inserts in the ends so I can reattach it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There appears to be room for a dog and a backpack. That's all the people and gear I need. If anymore than that is needed there's a hitch.

To be clear, he chopped up a top, nothing on the Bronco itself, right? "Chopped up a bronco more-doors top and did some fab work." Because he says he can still use the original hard top. I'd be surprised if an aftermarket doesn't make a replacement top to do something similar.

Edit: I should have read a little further in the thread because he says:

Chopped it off. Like I said, I will build chrome alloy inserts in the ends so I can reattach it.
I believe he's building a bulkhead to separate the bed from cabin as well.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When jeep mentioned a pickup, I was hoping for something like the CJ8.
1574892868f636f067f89cc14862Jeep-CJ8-Scrambler-For-Sale-Results-Model-Make-Page-Bring-a-Trailer.jpg
They should've made a smaller 2 dr version like this one. Unfortunately everything over the years has morphed into something way to big now. That would've been a lot better.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There was a
When jeep mentioned a pickup, I was hoping for something like the CJ8.
1574892868f636f067f89cc14862Jeep-CJ8-Scrambler-For-Sale-Results-Model-Make-Page-Bring-a-Trailer.jpg
There was a Comanche for sale around here that was nice. The guy put the truck body on an XJ chassis.
Sponsored