Guys running a 1 inch spacer.

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
I’m getting ready to mount a set of 33 inch tires on my 2.5 inch leveled truck. I’ve seen on this forum that a 275 tire runs very close to the knuckle. When using the stock wheels. So I purchased a one inch spacer. Now my question for you guys running this set up is. Did you have to cut your wheel studs. So that they would not protrude out past the spacer body. Or does everything just bolt right up? Thanks.
Sponsored

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I've read a few posts, there was no cutting required, they did fit just barely. One post said they had a hint of an imprint on the stock sport wheels, but the rest of the posts says the factory wheels have deep pockets so they didn't have to worry.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I’m getting ready to mount a set of 33 inch tires on my 2.5 inch leveled truck. I’ve seen on this forum that a 275 tire runs very close to the knuckle. When using the stock wheels. So I purchased a one inch spacer. Now my question for you guys running this set up is. Did you have to cut your wheel studs. So that they would not protrude out past the spacer body. Or does everything just bolt right up? Thanks.
I Finally got around to installing my BORA 1” spacers on my stock sport wheels.

A little backstory….
I installed a 3” Ready Lift Level kit and BFG KO2 LT275/70R17 tires on my stock wheels right after getting the truck.

With this set-up, I had no rubbing issues so there were no modifications at all to anything, crash-bars, etc. I did the full-lock, left-right and forward-reverse on pavement…. no rubbing. Truth be told, it was REAL CLOSE at full lock, especially front crash-bar drivers side, full-lock turned to the right.

Over the Winter, I did a little off-road and a lot of snow driving but no rock-crawling or anything too crazy…. again, no rubbing issues at all.

I wanted a bit “more aggressive” stance, so I purchased the 1” BORA spacers directly from the manufacturer MotorSport Technology.

It took a few weeks to get the spacers (I think they make them to order?), but they are top-shelf quality. The fit & finish is perfect!

I installed the spacers and rotated my tires at the same time.

Here are a few pics:

Install was easy, as you can see, the spacer lugs are tucked into the spacer so the mounting surface for wheel is flush, no trimming of the studs:

IMG_7083.jpeg

Before Spacers:

IMG_7085.jpeg

After Spacers:

IMG_7088.jpeg

Another angle before spacers:

IMG_7086.jpeg

And after spacers:

IMG_7087.jpeg

After the install, I took my truck back up to my local parking lot for the full-lock testing. With the new spacers, I had just a little rubbing at full-lock, wheels turned to the right on the drivers side only. (not sure why pushing the tire/wheel out 1” created a rubbing situation?)

Upon closer inspection, on my truck, it appears the passenger-side front crash-bar was positioned about 3/8” forward. This gave more clearance compared to the drivers-side front crash-bar, thus the rubbing. (you'd think they'd be the same from the factory?)

So back home to remove the drivers-side tire/wheel. I loosened the crash-bar and pushed it forward, as far as it would go, about 3/8”. Tightened it up and went back to the parking lot AND ALL IS GREAT.... NO RUBBING!

The spacers do give much more clearance inside (knuckle, etc.). I don’t know if the 3/8” clearance at the front crash-bar is going to be enough in some hard core off-road settings? There is a lot of room at the rear crash-bars, so no issues there.

I am very happy overall with the stance of the truck with this set-up.
Cheers! ?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Thanks for the reply’s fellas. I have the 18 inch lariat wheels. Hoping the bora Spacer fit as well On those as they did with yours. Trimming 24 studs looks like a time consuming PITA.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply’s fellas. I have the 18 inch lariat wheels. Hoping the bora Spacer fit as well On those as they did with yours. Trimming 24 studs looks like a time consuming PITA.
Agreed. I’m also now ‘thinking’ about diving into spacers to give me a slightly more agressive look. I’m not sure I want a full inch and was thinking around 3/4 of an inch. I know there are a couple sites where you can actually get pretty specific down to millimeters.
Anyone have information as to what size ( smallest) we can run without any stud issues? This would be with OEM magnetic 17 inch wheels.
Thanks.

OP
OP

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Needed follow up on this. I finally got around to putting the 1 inch Bora spacers on my 20 ranger. And the guys that replied that they fit without issue were correct. Thanks for your imput. BUT believe or not the passenger side rear. Had longer/different sized wheel studs than the other 3 hubs. See pictures below. I had to cut about 4 threads to make the one wheel fit properly. So the only thing I can ad when installing 1 inch spacers. Is pay close attention to every wheel. Some before and after shots. And the last photo will be of the wrong sized studs.

20200530_100504.jpg

20200530_102155.jpg

20200530_102149.jpg

20200530_100525.jpg

20200530_102729.jpg

20200530_110456.jpg

OP
OP

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Here is a few more after photos. The truck does look better with the wheels pushed out. Kinda wished I went with a 1.5 inch spacer now. And I can say for a fact. Anything less than 1 unch will require cutting of the stock studs.

20200530_191634.jpg

20200530_191650.jpg

20200530_191706.jpg

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have 1” spacers installed on stock OEM 17” magnetic wheels with stock tires and without a level kit? All stock! Would there be any rubbing or stud issues front or rear? If anyone’s got pics can you please post them. Ive searched but most are leveled trucks or larger tires and different wheels.

Rangerwig

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red Ranger Lariot
Occupation
Professional Driver
I've got the 1.5 on my 18 inch wheels with factory Hankooks had slight rubbing on drivers side crash bar ! Removed it and ordered high clearance ones from cj pony parts haven't got them yet , having dealership install roush stage one level and new nitto ridge grapplers 275-65-18 as soon as they get the parts.
20210114_163527.jpg

Rangerwig

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red Ranger Lariot
Occupation
Professional Driver
This is with 1.5 inch spacer and stock 18 hankooks