First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I pick up the .22 tomorrow, and should get the 5.56 late next week. I'll need optics for both, and would welcome advice for a new AR owner on a bit of a budget.

Some kind of red dot for the .22 for sure, but do I go that route for th 5.56 as well?

Geez, so many choices for mods and add-ons you'd almost think I'd bought a Ranger or something!

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I have all my parts and pieces I have purchased over the last year put together, even though the accessories are still coming. I now have 2 AR15 Pistols (7.5" and 10.5"), 1 AR9 pistol (7.5") and 1 AR15 Rifle (16"). Waiting on some upgrades to get here this weekend. Will post pics soon. Every time I get a chance to go shoot, something always comes up to screw me out of it.

I am looking for a .22LR dedicated upper that is reasonable for the wife. I have the CMMG .22LR bolt/magazine for her 7.5" AR15 pistol now, but would love to have a dedicated upper for her. Also been looking into the .410 upper for the AR just to have. I already own an older .410 single shot shotgun and always love shooting it. Figure the AR410 would be a blast to shoot too.

I know you warned me @AzScorpion about being addicted to the AR's! It has been fun building/upgrading them. My stimulus money has been put to good use! Finally purchased a safe when the last check hit the bank but haven't taken delivery yet.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I pick up the .22 tomorrow, and should get the 5.56 late next week. I'll need optics for both, and would welcome advice for a new AR owner on a bit of a budget.

Some kind of red dot for the .22 for sure, but do I go that route for th 5.56 as well?

Geez, so many choices for mods and add-ons you'd almost think I'd bought a Ranger or something!
I am in same boat as you being a new AR owner! Welcome to the world of Adult Lego's!

I have the Sig Sauer Romeo5, Sig Sauer MSR and the SightMark Mini Shot A-Spec Reflex. My SIL is a LEO and loves his Romeo5 on his "house clearing gun".

You will find them on sale around $100. More experienced folks will jump in later. I will be taking notes also!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am in same boat as you being a new AR owner! Welcome to the world of Adult Lego's!

I have the Sig Sauer Romeo5, Sig Sauer MSR and the SightMark Mini Shot A-Spec Reflex. My SIL is a LEO and loves his Romeo5 on his "house clearing gun".

You will find them on sale around $100. More experienced folks will jump in later. I will be taking notes also!
I have 4 Sig Romeo 5's, that's what's on my CZ Scorpion and really like them. I bought my last one here which they do have in stock now for $114.99 and I think you get 10% off if you sign up for their emails.

Yes Doug I did warn you but it looks like you fell down that rabbit hole pretty good now. ? Just don't get into 1911's because they're just as addicting but a lot more expensive!:curse:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have 4 Sig Romeo 5's, that's what's on my CZ Scorpion and really like them. I bought my last one here which they do have in stock now for $114.99 and I think you get 10% off if you sign up for their emails.

Yes Doug I did warn you but it looks like you fell down that rabbit hole pretty good now. ? Just don't get into 1911's because they're just as addicting but a lot more expensive!:curse:
I spent a lot of last night looking through articles about "best" optics, and the Sig Romeo 5 came up a fair amount of the time. This would be good for both the .22 and 5.56?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I spent a lot of last night looking through articles about "best" optics, and the Sig Romeo 5 came up a fair amount of the time. This would be good for both the .22 and 5.56?
Yes I have them on my 5.56 AR pistol and my 9mm AR pistol plus my CZ Scorpion. What's great is they're motion activated so you can leave it on and it will turn off in like 90 seconds. As soon as you pick it up it's on again. Makes a great site for a home defense gun because you don't have to worry about turning it on when you'll have a million other things going through you mind. :crazy:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

Oh, not as much as say...any AR types lol!! That is a rabbit hole it seems from this thread, Looks like evryone that uses them has about 10-15 models, not to mention a drawer full of trigger assembly, bolt pulls . uppers, lowers, rails, light (@Msfitoy maybe) scopes...**whew** :LOL:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh, not as much as say...any AR types lol!! That is a rabbit hole it seems from this thread, Looks like evryone that uses them has about 10-15 models, not to mention a drawer full of trigger assembly, bolt pulls . uppers, lowers, rails, light (@Msfitoy maybe) scopes...**whew** :LOL:
They're defiantly addictive I lost count after 15. :facepalm: Also have a drawer in the garage with a bag of spare parts but nothing to crazy. I'm kind of glad prices went up because it stopped my from buying more but I still have 3 parts kits to put together one of these days. lol

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They're defiantly addictive I lost count after 15. :facepalm: Also have a drawer in the garage with a bag of spare parts but nothing to crazy. I'm kind of glad prices went up because it stopped my from buying more but I still have 3 parts kits to put together one of these days. lol
If you ship them to me, I will be more than happy to put them together for you! :rockon:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I bought two... :)

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I won't get started on them at all...I have enough other shit I spend money on, I don't need another one :LOL: