Gun Related Pictures and Chat

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat as he is,mid 50's and eyes could be better. lol I have a really cheap scope I bought on Amazon on one of my 22's. I bought the first one for my pellet gun and it worked out good and I didn't want to spend a lot either just for a 22 and bought the same one. It's showing not available now but the one below is similar to it. If he wants to step up and spend a little more there are several others there for not a lot of money that will be good for a 22. I've never gone out farther than 100 yards with mine but the glass is clear ( not $400 Leopold clear ) but good enough.

Like anything you get what you pay for but there's no recoil on a 22 and there's no reason to spend a lot. I've had mine for almost 2 years and for $25.00 it's held up well. One of the Youtube guys did a review on these Pinty scopes (low budget high value) and had good things to say about it. I'll see if I can find the video and post it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RCO8N...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Thanks Dave. Appreciate it.

Got my 2600 rds of .22lr yesterday (up to about 4k now). The Fedex guy pulled up and the wife asked..."what do we have being delivered?" I said "more ammo". I forgot to mention it to her that I had bought more ammo. :giggle: When she found out it was .22lr she made me put some in our range bag so she could shoot the P938 .22lr when we go to the range. I am hoping to get my Marlin 60 back from my daughters soon so we can shoot it also. Since I have been looking at scopes for my friend, I have decided to buy one for my 60. I got a couple in mind, just gotta decide which one.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of Chinese Parts from DHGATE I bought one of these came today I liked it so much that I bought another one. Very well-made. I bought the one with the green laser for $53. Putting one on my AR 12 in my AR-15. Very heavy duty as well.

tical_31_69_DHgate_Com.png

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave. Appreciate it.

Got my 2600 rds of .22lr yesterday (up to about 4k now). The Fedex guy pulled up and the wife asked..."what do we have being delivered?" I said "more ammo". I forgot to mention it to her that I had bought more ammo. :giggle: When she found out it was .22lr she made me put some in our range bag so she could shoot the P938 .22lr when we go to the range. I am hoping to get my Marlin 60 back from my daughters soon so we can shoot it also. Since I have been looking at scopes for my friend, I have decided to buy one for my 60. I got a couple in mind, just gotta decide which one.
I ordered the Federal Black Bulk pack and it still hasn't shipped yet. I guess Buds is swamped with orders right now. No biggie,I have a few....thousand to get me by. :p

Here's the video,he has a few others for different Pinty scopes. This one is a little larger scope and has really good reviews on Amazon. Again for a 22 it's not worth spending a lot of money on a scope unless you need to be precise shooting matches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ZCD4I&linkId=de4bee4d1a974124921da1f3ecfe1b99

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Speaking of Chinese Parts from DHGATE I bought one of these came today I liked it so much that I bought another one. Very well-made. I bought the one with the green laser for $53. Putting one on my AR 12 in my AR-15. Very heavy duty as well.

tical_31_69_DHgate_Com.png
Let me know how they work out after you've used them for a while. I might get one for my AR pistol that I'm thinking of converting into a SBR. I can use it on the 15-22 until the tax stamp comes in.

Bthomas5456

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Where do you guys mount your guns? My sig p365 is my truck gun but it sits on the center console in its holster. Im not sure where to mount my gun magnet so its easier to get to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Where do you guys mount your guns? My sig p365 is my truck gun but it sits on the center console in its holster. Im not sure where to mount my gun magnet so its easier to get to.

Hey Brian, we had a thread a while back here on the different areas we mounted ours. I've had mine there for 6 months and it's worked out perfect and has never fallen off. You can scroll through and see all the different areas that have worked well for several of us......@Snorebaby mounted his on the side of the center console but his seats farther back because he has these long ostrich legs. lol ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In light of whats been going on around us lately I've been looking for other alternatives for non lethal protection. Some of my YouTube gun guys have done videos recently on pepper spray so I bought a can to have around the house and one to carry with me. From all my research the Saber is the best brand to get as it has the highest content allowed and longest shelf life of 4 years. The pocket one has tear gas and marking dye. ?

It has a red tab (safety) that you just slide to the right. It can slide to the on position very easy but from all the reviews it takes some force to activated it. A lot of woman carry it in their purse and have said it's never gone off after being in the on position.

Whether you're just walking your dog and need to fend off another dog or driving and happen to run into on of these protest (riots) this will be a good first line of defense and hopefully avoiding having to draw your weapon.

https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-3-Pepp...7VM8UC/ref=psdc_3222129011_t1_B0007VHXO8?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007VHXO...olid=3NLJUFY7EMDEV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys!
My latest purchase is a Glock 30. I added a TLR-6 light/laser combo. I have the Glock 26 9mm and the wife's Glock 42 .380.
I know you guys aren't Glock fans but I'm hooked.
I still have the Sig P365 I love, a Sig 290RS and Kahr P380.

Color is off due to lighting.

TRNZr2p.jpg

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I like a Glock, I just don't like the way my finger drags the trigger guard. My daughter has a 26 and my wife has a 43. I like the way they shoot, I just can't shoot them alot. My SIL's 19 is a good shooting gun also.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like a Glock, I just don't like the way my finger drags the trigger guard. My daughter has a 26 and my wife has a 43. I like the way they shoot, I just can't shoot them alot. My SIL's 19 is a good shooting gun also.
Nice to read!
I love the 3-4 second breakdown, the feel in my hand and how they shoot. I'm not a repair/replace part guy but I changed out a couple of things on the 42 and will on the 26 and 30. Part upgrades are pretty easy installs and parts reasonably priced too.

I do wish Glock would make smaller 9mm and .380 .

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice to read!
I love the 3-4 second breakdown, the feel in my hand and how they shoot. I'm not a repair/replace part guy but I changed out a couple of things on the 42 and will on the 26 and 30. Part upgrades are pretty easy installs and parts reasonably priced too.

I do wish Glock would make smaller 9mm and .380 .
They do have one comparable to the Shield but I can't remember what number it is. I went to my LGS before I bought my Shield online to check it out and they showed me a Glock that was very similar to the Shield. It's not that I'm not a fan of them they just didn't feel right in my hands (non of them do) so I don't bother even looking at them anymore.

Then there's the price. They're more expensive than say a Shield and close to the price of some 1911's. Personally,I'd rather spend a couple bucks more and get a 1911 but I also has a 1911 fetish. lol

So Joe what's next? Don't say I'm done because we all know you're not! :crackup: :p

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I keep mine in it's IWB holster at 3:00. That way I always have it while getting in and out of the truck without risking being made while reholstering.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I keep mine in it's IWB holster at 3:00. That way I always have it while getting in and out of the truck without risking being made while reholstering.
On short trips I do the same. I'll slide mine forward to around the 2:00-3:00 position. But on longer trips or if I'm wearing my gym shorts I really like the magnet mount.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They do have one comparable to the Shield but I can't remember what number it is. I went to my LGS before I bought my Shield online to check it out and they showed me a Glock that was very similar to the Shield. It's not that I'm not a fan of them they just didn't feel right in my hands (non of them do) so I don't bother even looking at them anymore.

Then there's the price. They're more expensive than say a Shield and close to the price of some 1911's. Personally,I'd rather spend a couple bucks more and get a 1911 but I also has a 1911 fetish. lol

So Joe what's next? Don't say I'm done because we all know you're not! :crackup: :p
Hi Dave, the Glock 43 is the size of the Shield 9mm. I prefer the Glock 26 for the 10+1 and the chunkiness. I'm not a big guy and have maybe medium hands but love a thick grip.

The Shield's are cheaper, no doubt and they are very good pistols. Handguns now as you know are scarce but unlike the Glocks, the Shields are still priced pretty good on Gunbroker. I've seen numbers like $450 with a CT green laser. BTW, I heard S&W bought Crimson Trace
Normal times a Glock 30 can be bought for say $525 but not now. I overpaid but don't see things getting much better with the virus, rioting and election coming and God forbid Trump loses..
Last month, I paid $550 for my new Glock 26 on Gunbroker. Not a bad number at all because of the times and it does have Glock night sights.

I've been doing the one in and one out routine.
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not into 1911's. :)

Last edited: