First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Thought I would share an oldie but goodie. This is my 1906 Smith and Wesson 32 S&W Top Break Revolver.
Still locks up tight and shoots well for a firearm that is 114 years old. Ammo is fairly scarce so I cast my own bullets and make all of my own ammo. Don't really shoot it much though.
I have modern guns as well as older ones in my collection. I have been involved with firearms since the early 70's and have been a competitive shooter for about 7 years.

0FC4E8DF-F1CB-4935-87B3-03EA350C12A1.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would share an oldie but goodie. This is my 1906 Smith and Wesson 32 S&W Top Break Revolver.
Still locks up tight and shoots well for a firearm that is 114 years old. Ammo is fairly scarce so I cast my own bullets and make all of my own ammo. Don't really shoot it much though.
I have modern guns as well as older ones in my collection. I have been involved with firearms since the early 70's and have been a competitive shooter for about 7 years.

0FC4E8DF-F1CB-4935-87B3-03EA350C12A1.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
That's pretty cool!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good news for Alabama and well....another business bites the dust in NY! The comments say it all.lol :lipssealed:

Kimber Moves Operations From NY to Troy Alabama

Kimber Mfg. is pleased to name Troy, Alabama, as its official corporate headquarters and to announce it is hiring aggressively in all departments. After a carefully planned shift of leadership, R&D and manufacturing resources, Kimber has made substantial progress in the transition to its new, state-of-the-art headquarters in Troy, Alabama.

The final step in completing this new facility is adding staff across all departments. Kimber’s new headquarters is situated on 80+ acres with more than 225,000 square feet of space and is now home to industry-leading design engineering, product management, and manufacturing capabilities.
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/10/ki..._6f6fac3eaa-c67164b885-22127184#axzz6cGeB38FQ

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You Can Fix Stupid.jpg

Short On Ammo.jpg

She Has Ear Protection.jpg

? ?

I Went To The Range Today.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow...This is just highway robbery!

CCI BLAZER BRASS HANDGUN AMMUNITION 9MM LUGER 124 GR FMJ 1090 FPS 1000/BOX
Item : CC5201BK
SKU : 5201BK
Model :
UPC : 10076683052015
Featured Products

$650.00 :surprised:

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/blazr-brass-ammo-9mm-124gr-fmj-1000box

This is what I was paying last year at this time for the same stuff. 4 cases were cheaper than this? :facepalm:

TS5201-BULK - 5201CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - Free Shipping4$156.22$624.86

Order Notes:
None
SubTotal:$624.86
Discreet Overbox Packaging
Shipping:FREE SHIPPING
Tax:$0.00
Total:$624.86

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow...This is just highway robbery!

CCI BLAZER BRASS HANDGUN AMMUNITION 9MM LUGER 124 GR FMJ 1090 FPS 1000/BOX
Item : CC5201BK
SKU : 5201BK
Model :
UPC : 10076683052015
Featured Products

$650.00 :surprised:

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/blazr-brass-ammo-9mm-124gr-fmj-1000box

This is what I was paying last year at this time for the same stuff. 4 cases were cheaper than this? :facepalm:

TS5201-BULK - 5201CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - Free Shipping4$156.22$624.86

Order Notes:
None
SubTotal:$624.86
Discreet Overbox Packaging
Shipping:FREE SHIPPING
Tax:$0.00
Total:$624.86
Yikes! I can reload it for $4.25 per 50. So glad I stocked up on components after the Kenyan debacle.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yikes! I can reload it for $4.25 per 50. So glad I stocked up on components after the Kenyan debacle.
:LOL::LOL:

I'm glad I stocked up too before the SHTF. In the email I got it said "Get it before it's gone". Sad part is people are still buying at these prices.:headbang:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
:LOL::LOL:

I'm glad I stocked up too before the SHTF. In the email I got it said "Get it before it's gone". Sad part is people are still buying at these prices.:headbang:
I don’t know how some people can sleep at night.
I am fortunate to be able to reload for the 12 or so calibers I have guns for. Over the last few years if I needed a thousand primers I would by three thousand. Same with powder. I will be 68 in a short time and there is no way I’ll outlive what I have on hand. And I shoot 2 to 3 matches per month.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just one more confirmation that:
A...waited way too late to seriously buy ammo.
B...I also waited too late to consider reloading.

Is it too late to start now? ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

It's never to late. You just have to decide if you want to pay those prices but seeing as the election is tomorrow I would just wait it out. Things could get back to normal by late spring or all hell could/will break loose? ?‍♂

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

You are certainly not alone. It's never too late. It is cyclical thing. When the good times come back around jump on it and plan for the bad times. Always buy more than you need. Even a little bit helps.
I cast my own bullets. And always bought lead when I ran across it. I think I have about 1200 pounds out there.
I learned the hard way and vowed to never let it happen again if I could help it.
I guess the bad times turned me into a hoarder of sorts.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You are certainly not alone. It's never too late. It is cyclical thing. When the good times come back around jump on it and plan for the bad times. Always buy more than you need. Even a little bit helps.
I cast my own bullets. And always bought lead when I ran across it. I think I have about 1200 pounds out there.
I learned the hard way and vowed to never let it happen again if I could help it.
I guess the bad times turned me into a hoarder of sorts.
Same happened to me. I got caught back in '08 with little supply and it was my own fault as I should've know better. I remember a brick of 22's going for $100.....0.20/round. As soon as prices came down I stocked up heavily buying 22's for 2.5 cents/round and 9mm @ 0.16/round. No way I would pay 0.65/round for 9mm but if you that low maybe a box or two if needed. Hopefully better times are just around the corner!

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Same happened to me. I got caught back in '08 with little supply and it was my own fault as I should've know better. I remember a brick of 22's going for $100.....0.20/round. As soon as prices came down I stocked up heavily buying 22's for 2.5 cents/round and 9mm @ 0.16/round. No way I would pay 0.65/round for 9mm but if you that low maybe a box or two if needed. Hopefully better times are just around the corner!
I am believing for better times ahead.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I've been trying to buy (off Craigslist/OfferUp) a solid wood gun cabinet.
Jeanie has gotten tired of me talking about it and trying to get a nice used one and has insisted I buy a new one for myself (Yes, I'm well aware of how awesome my wife is, and am trying not to take advantage of her).

My problem is finding a solid/mostly solid wood cabinet here in the Phoenix area, and am now having to shop online for such a creature. I have come to find they are significantly more expensive than the Craigslist versions....

You guys are experienced and deeply connected with such things. Have you any recommendations/warnings to share while I search? I have found these two websites and see lots that I like, but am a little overwhelmed at the prices (don't even think Amish made...)

https://premierguncabinet.com/collections/solid-wood-gun-cabinets
https://www.gunsafes.com/Scout-Gun-Cabinets.html?sort=PriceAsc

Thanks in advance for any help/links/pics you care to share!

Chris

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been trying to buy (off Craigslist/OfferUp) a solid wood gun cabinet.
Jeanie has gotten tired of me talking about it and trying to get a nice used one and has insisted I buy a new one for myself (Yes, I'm well aware of how awesome my wife is, and am trying not to take advantage of her).

My problem is finding a solid/mostly solid wood cabinet here in the Phoenix area, and am now having to shop online for such a creature. I have come to find they are significantly more expensive than the Craigslist versions....

You guys are experienced and deeply connected with such things. Have you any recommendations/warnings to share while I search? I have found these two websites and see lots that I like, but am a little overwhelmed at the prices (don't even think Amish made...)

https://premierguncabinet.com/collections/solid-wood-gun-cabinets
https://www.gunsafes.com/Scout-GunfsaCabinets.htmlssort=PriceAsc

Thanks in advance for any help/links/pics you care to share!

Chris
I can't be any help with a wood one the one I bought a couple years ago is a regular steel safe. The wood ones are really nice for display and all but have really no security. Are you looking to display them and do you have another one for security? Only reason I ask is if something ever happened like a fire or a break in they're going to be easy to steal or they won't be protected from fire.

Mines a Champion safe, 10 gauge steel with a 90 minute fire rating and weighs 1150 lbs empty. One piece of advise is get one bigger than you need. This one is twice the size of my old one and it's already full.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg