Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Because I just don't have enough to read through here, and because sometimes I like opening a "can of worms"....

I'm considering buying my wife a .22 AR-style rifle for Christmas. Or maybe building one. She loves to shoot, and this is something we like to do together when we can and when life isn't so upside-down for us.

I have ZERO experience in building a weapon, and am pretty sure I'd never be able to do it and surprise her at the same time, (certainly not by Christmas as I've waited so late to begin) so that's why I'm considering buying this first one and maybe learning to build something later on.

I very much covet the wisdom and insights you guys have to share regarding this. Thanks in advance!

Chris
I bought a CMMG .22lr conversion kit for $180 a couple of months ago for the AR I was building. Just switch out the BCG and use the .22 mags. I just finished my very first AR build and I can tell you it is addicting. Already planning a couple of pistol builds.

There are alot of good sites out there. The problem is not the build of the AR itself.....it's the accessories that you add to them :crackup:

1602257552670.png

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
If you own a AR style pistol that is not registered as a SBR, you need to watch this. The ATF is trying to ban the pistol brace.
Watch This! And This!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you own a AR style pistol that is not registered as a SBR, you need to watch this. The ATF is trying to ban the pistol brace.
Watch This! And This!
I saw the article the other day on the Honey Badger. The ATF has already APPROVED pistol braces so now they're backtracking? F#@! the ATF,I'm keeping all mine!

I only shoot out in the desert and I know a few local LE out here. We've already had the conversation about the supposed gun confiscation if you know who wins and they all laughed. They said there's no way they would enforce it. Now I know other areas are not so lucky but I'm sick and tired of the ATF and other government agencies stoping on the 2nd Amendment!

Don't Tread On My Rights.jpg

We The People 2nd Amendment.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I finally went and done it! I started building the AR pistol. Bought this earlier today.

7.5" Complete Upper

1602726114496.png

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well I finally went and done it! I started building the AR pistol. Bought this earlier today.

7.5" Complete Upper

1602726114496.png
I love my AR pistols, they're fun to shoot and make great truck guns. What brace are you going to use? I have the SBA3 on all of mine and it's super comfortable. I originally had a couple of Shockwave Blades but they're hard plastic and dig into you shoulder. I literally had a bruise from the damn thing so I replaced them with all with the SBA3.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe some good news? I hate to say it but it sounds political to me like they're going to make their decision based on the election but for now the Honey Badger is legal again. :like:

Honey Badger SBR Decision Put on Pause, A Possible Reason for Classification

In what is hopefully part of a larger change of heart, the ATF put a pause on their cease and desist letter, issuing a 60-day stay on the decision to classify the Honey Badger Pistol as an SBR. It’s a pistol again for the next two months.

The ATF will use the time to better determine if and how the NFA applies to the Honey Badger Pistol. After the 60-day period the ATF will decide whether to withdraw or extend the suspension of their cease and desist letter.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...n-pause-a-possible-reason-for-classification/

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love my AR pistols, they're fun to shoot and make great truck guns. What brace are you going to use? I have the SBA3 on all of mine and it's super comfortable. I originally had a couple of Shockwave Blades but they're hard plastic and dig into you shoulder. I literally had a bruise from the damn thing so I replaced them with all with the SBA3.
Going with just the standard buffer tube until the ATF makes up it's mind. Can always add it later.....that way the initial cost of the pistol is not so much! :crackup: Adding the brace later doesn't count against the initial cost:bandit:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Going with just the standard buffer tube until the ATF makes up it's mind. Can always add it later.....that way the initial cost of the pistol is not so much! :crackup: Adding the brace later doesn't count against the initial cost:bandit:
Even if they decide against it you can just SBR it. It's another $200.00 for the tax stamp and seeing as it doesn't count against the initial cost your wife shouldn't be mad. ?

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even if they decide against it you can just SBR it. It's another $200.00 for the tax stamp and seeing as it doesn't count against the initial cost your wife shouldn't be mad. ?
Agreed but then I can't change anything on it, can I? If I had an 8.5" upper and wanted to change it to a 10.5" upper but use the same lower?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agreed but then I can't change anything on it, can I? If I had an 8.5" upper and wanted to change it to a 10.5" upper but use the same lower?
No you can't, the tax stamp is for the original one submitted but there's an easy solution....Build another one. ?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
An SBR lower can have as many SBR and non-SBR uppers as you would like, in as many calibers as you like. Typically, just make sure you fill the paperwork out for the shortest configuration and caliber, then switch as you please.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
An SBR lower can have as many SBR and non-SBR uppers as you would like, in as many calibers as you like. Typically, just make sure you fill the paperwork out for the shortest configuration and caliber, then switch as you please.
I thought you had to keep it in it original configuration? If not that's good to know and a lot cheaper because I have several different size uppers already.