BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They seem to have a better price on .45 than I've seen some other places too. Not a huge selection, but what they have is decent stuff.
You're right they have kept their prices very reasonable while most others are jacking theirs up. I know the manufacturers have increased their prices but not 30-40%. You might not always be able to get the brand you like but right now I would recommend taking anything you can get if you're in need,somethings better than nothing. :) Those Winchester 9mm are not bad for 0.19/round and if I wasn't already stocked up on 9mm I would be grabbing as many of them as possible for that price.

I ordered 3 - 1100 round buckets of Federal .22's last Sunday from Academy Sports and received them FedEx on Saturday. Most places are 7-14 days behind on their shipments and places like Basspro are taking orders then cancelling them 5-6 days later. Not good when you think you're getting an order then they cancel it now you have to search all over again only to find out that prices are even higher now.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You're right they have kept their prices very reasonable while most others are jacking theirs up. I know the manufacturers have increased their prices but not 30-40%. You might not always be able to get the brand you like but right now I would recommend taking anything you can get if you're in need,somethings better than nothing. :) Those Winchester 9mm are not bad for 0.19/round and if I wasn't already stocked up on 9mm I would be grabbing as many of them as possible for that price.

I ordered 3 - 1100 round buckets of Federal .22's last Sunday from Academy Sports and received them FedEx on Saturday. Most places are 7-14 days behind on their shipments and places like Basspro are taking orders then cancelling them 5-6 days later. Not good when you think you're getting an order then they cancel it now you have to search all over again only to find out that prices are even higher now.
I'm stocked up on .45 (about 1k rounds), but with the prices and availability, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger (as it were) on a few more boxes.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm stocked up on .45 (about 1k rounds), but with the prices and availability, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger (as it were) on a few more boxes.
It might be a good idea to add a few more boxes while they're still reasonable. Might be to only hobby we can do for a while where "social distancing" isn't a problem. lol ?

I was literally 2 days away from buying that Rock Island 9mm we were both talking about. I was waiting for my credit cards new statement period than all this hit the fan so as much as I "wanted" another gun I felt like I should hold off for a while and see what happens with all this mess. I've been keeping an eye on it and it's only gone up about $5.00-$10.00 which isn't bad considering some others have gone up a lot.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It might be a good idea to add a few more boxes while they're still reasonable. Might be to only hobby we can do for a while where "social distancing" isn't a problem. lol ?

I was literally 2 days away from buying that Rock Island 9mm we were both talking about. I was waiting for my credit cards new statement period than all this hit the fan so as much as I "wanted" another gun I felt like I should hold off for a while and see what happens with all this mess. I've been keeping an eye on it and it's only gone up about $5.00-$10.00 which isn't bad considering some others have gone up a lot.
I ended up buying 3 100-rnd boxes of Winchester .45. Should keep me stocked up for a bit.

Yah, I'm still eye-balling that RI .45, but will wait a bit. Not really too worried about mine and the wife's pay - the benefit of being a gov't employee and her working for "essential only" business.

But we have one daughter still living at home and working retail (unknown how her store will react long-term...or if she'll up an quit out of frustration) and the other now back at home for the spring term of college (school went to on-line only for spring), we've got a few extra expenses for a couple of months.

Besides, not knowing how long this will go on, we've decided to curb the excess spending a little...now, how to explain the shipment of ammo :frown:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to be at 2500 rounds of 9mm which will last quite a while even though I went through 3 boxes today. Along with 2 boxes of 380 and 32 at the range with my wife today.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to be at 2500 rounds of 9mm which will last quite a while even though I went through 3 boxes today. Along with 2 boxes of 380 and 32 at the range with my wife today.
With the 300 rnds I ordered today, I'll have about 900 rnds of .45 (my math was off in my earlier post). Unfortunately, I don't get out to shoot very often - I need to work on that - so that ammo will probably last me a loooonnnngggg time :LOL:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
With the 300 rnds I ordered today, I'll have about 900 rnds of .45 (my math was off in my earlier post). Unfortunately, I don't get out to shoot very often - I need to work on that - so that ammo will probably last me a loooonnnngggg time :LOL:
I like outdoor ranges. Indoor, not so much. In fact not a fan at all. It gets hot and humid here so outdoor range shooting is off the table in a couple of months. I'll hit the indoor range once every 4-5 weeks or so. My ammo stock (except for 32acp) will last quite a while.

Last edited:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like outdoor ranges. Indoor, not so much. In fact not a fan at all. It gets hot and humid here so outdoor range shooting is off the table in a couple of months. I'll hit the indoor range once every 4-5 weeks or so. My ammo stock (except for 32acp) will last quite a while.
I'm with you there Joe. Not a fan of indoor ranges and for outdoor, I much prefer the "non" range - someplace secluded where there's no range official and I can shoot at my leisure. Unfortunately, those places are harder to be found up here anymore. Too many lands being closed off to shooters. When I was younger, I used to shoot probably once a month with my father-in-law, weather permitting. Seems to be harder to find the time to get out any more.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you there Joe. Not a fan of indoor ranges and for outdoor, I much prefer the "non" range - someplace secluded where there's no range official and I can shoot at my leisure. Unfortunately, those places are harder to be found up here anymore. Too many lands being closed off to shooters. When I was younger, I used to shoot probably once a month with my father-in-law, weather permitting. Seems to be harder to find the time to get out any more.
I have a real southern type outdoor range I go to about 25 minutes from me. The office is not near the ranges so very comfortable but old.

Clothespins hold targets on chicken wire fencing. :)
http://www.pappysgunshop.com/outdoor-range.html

A guy I knew who moved here from NJ can shoot on his property in Rock Hill,SC not far from me.
When we moved from NJ, I wanted to buy a house on a woodsy 2+ acre lot but my wife could never be happy living away from neighbors next door. She loves people. Shooting on your own land must be so nice. Setting up permanent targets and such. Maybe in my next life.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a real southern type outdoor range I go to about 25 minutes from me. The office is not near the ranges so very comfortable but old.

Clothespins hold targets on chicken wire fencing. :)
http://www.pappysgunshop.com/outdoor-range.html

A guy I knew who moved here from NJ can shoot on his property in Rock Hill,SC not far from me.
When we moved from NJ, I wanted to buy a house on a woodsy 2+ acre lot but my wife could never be happy living away from neighbors next door. She loves people. Shooting on your own land must be so nice. Setting up permanent targets and such. Maybe in my next life.
Pappy's reminds me of a range I shot at when I lived in Colorado Springs - Dragon Man's; place could be a bit scary though...lol. https://www.dragonmans.com/content/shooting_range

When my in-laws lived in the area, they had a place on about 5-acres. He set up a small area to shoot and it was great. Loved having the access to shoot pretty much any time we wanted. It's how I was able to go out once a month. I'd love to find a place when I retire that I can set up a place to shoot on my own property.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pappy's reminds me of a range I shot at when I lived in Colorado Springs - Dragon Man's; place could be a bit scary though...lol. https://www.dragonmans.com/content/shooting_range

When my in-laws lived in the area, they had a place on about 5-acres. He set up a small area to shoot and it was great. Loved having the access to shoot pretty much any time we wanted. It's how I was able to go out once a month. I'd love to find a place when I retire that I can set up a place to shoot on my own property.
I've seen Dragon Mans museums on YouTube and they are amazing! He has one heck of a collection of war memorabilia along with all the old cars and gas pumps. His machine gun collection is priceless!

I hate shooting indoors too. I was lucky when I lived back in MA as I had an outdoor range that was just 1/2 mile around the corner. All us that lived close to it received free memberships for putting up with the noise which really wasn't that bad. It was out in the sticks so most days there weren't many people there. They had a huge pistol range,2 different rifle ranges,a skeet range and a bow and arrow area.

Now we go out into the desert but even that's getting closed down in certain areas. I wold love to be able to have enough land to make a permanent range and not have to lug everything out each time. Between the targets,stands benches and gear the bed of my truck is full along with the back seat. Maybe one good thing about this virus is it will slow down construction around here and preserve some of our favorite spots a little while longer.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What a great deal on this new Ruger PC 9mm 6.5" barrel pistol @ $829.99. I love the way you can take the barrel off without any tools,makes a great compact gun for hiking or camping. Classic Firearms is also including free the SB brace which sells for $159.99. No one else has this deal going except them. Only wish I had the extra money to buy it. :frown:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/rug...=20200401RugerPCCharger&utm_content=Secondary