Gun Related Pictures and Chat

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. But I have handled the Springfield Armory HellCat. It is a 13+1. The Sig P365 is a 10+1 and you can get a 12rd mag for it to make it a 12+1. The HellCat feels alot like the P365. I just don't know how it shoots.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. But I have handled the Springfield Armory HellCat. It is a 13+1. The Sig P365 is a 10+1 and you can get a 12rd mag for it to make it a 12+1. The HellCat feels alot like the P365. I just don't know how it shoots.
A couple of reviews stated the Hellcat has a bit more recoil than the P365?
The Sphinx gets rave reviews for its quality and accuracy. I like the full slide rail design. I also like Scotch00 and Hickok 45 youtube gun reviewers. The negative of the Sphinx is the cost of around $900 but reviews state you get what you pay for. It's said to be 'the best pistol out of the box'.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Look what came in today... Don't get too excited it's only a 22 long rifle. Before I get the real thing I want to play with this because it's dirt cheap to shoot it's exactly the same as the.223 as far as breakdown all that goes. Love those 30 round mags. It's a great gun. I think it's the best 22 made for the money. Came with. a tripod and a scope $329 all in. That's a good price 4 this semi-automatic especially when the ar-15 is twice the price for the gun. I scoped out .223 ammo. I decided that I wasn't going to blow a dollar per round. When the 22 is like $0.05. It's a fun gun. I had a couple of jams initially with 15-year-old 22lr ammo. I'm going to blow that ammo through it.

20200328_181514.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Look what came in today... Don't get too excited it's only a 22 long rifle. Before I get the real thing I want to play with this because it's dirt cheap to shoot it's exactly the same as the.223 as far as breakdown all that goes. Love those 30 round mags. It's a great gun. I think it's the best 22 made for the money. Came with. a tripod and a scope $329 all in. That's a good price 4 this semi-automatic especially when the ar-15 is twice the price for the gun. I scoped out .223 ammo. I decided that I wasn't going to blow a dollar per round. When the 22 is like $0.05. It's a fun gun. I had a couple of jams initially with 15-year-old 22lr ammo. I'm going to blow that ammo through it.

20200328_181514.jpg
Good deal!! :like: That came in fast considering all that's going on now. I thought you'd like this,it's one of my favorite guns and like you said super cheap to shoot. It's not uncommon for some guns to have a few jams when they're new do to the tight tolerances and stiff mag springs.My new Kimber 1911 says 300-500 rounds for initial break in.

If you want to pick up a few more mags here's a place that still has them cheap at $14.95/each which is a great deal. I have 4 extras for mine but at this price I'm thinking of getting a couple more. They're 25 round mags for the .22,the 223's are 30 rounders. :)

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Smith-and-Wesson-M-P15-22-25rd-Magazine-p/sw-19922000.htm?CartID=1

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal!! :like: That came in fast considering all that's going on now. I thought you'd like this,it's one of my favorite guns and like you said super cheap to shoot. It's not uncommon for some guns to have a few jams when they're new do to the tight tolerances and stiff mag springs.My new Kimber 1911 says 300-500 rounds for initial break in.

If you want to pick up a few more mags here's a place that still has them cheap at $14.95/each which is a great deal. I have 4 extras for mine but at this price I'm thinking of getting a couple more. They're 25 round mags for the .22,the 223's are 30 rounders. :)

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Smith-and-Wesson-M-P15-22-25rd-Magazine-p/sw-19922000.htm?CartID=1
oh yeah came in a lot faster than I thought it would.
I ordered 3, 25 round mags. Right now I'm running through it ancient 15-year-old 22 longs The gun didn't like that as much as the new CCI's. I can see me buying a .223 or even 9 mm AR down the line

I couldn't pass up that deal. $329, in my opinion, is a great deal for the ar-15/ 22 package with the scope and a 25 round magazine. A lot of dealers are sold out of the AR-15/22LR. The best part is it's dirt cheap to shoot. The time I spend at the range shooting 22 long rifles causes me to shoot less with the pistols. I set the targets up for the pistols in about 15 yards for the 22 I'm still trying to dial in the scope.

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately my work bonus came a little late so I will have to wait until things settle back down to get new ammo. I am gonna try and catch the .410 Shockwave at a good price for the wife when it gets back in stock. Trump and the DHS said all gun/ammo dealers, manufacturers, etc. are essential personnel and will not be shut down. Maybe things will settle down sooner than expected.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I hope everyone stocked up on 9mm and 223 ammo. The chart below is amazing for a 32 day sales increase from 2/23-3/26.

• 777% increase in revenue
  • 516% increase in transactions
  • 350% increase in site traffic
  • 37% increase in conversion rate
  • 39% increase in average order value
I tried to copy and paste this but it wouldn't post right so I had to do a screen shot from the article.
Top 10 States.jpg

https://ammo.com/coronavirus-impact-on-ammunition-sales

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hope everyone stocked up on 9mm and 223 ammo. The chart below is amazing for a 32 day sales increase from 2/23-3/26.

• 777% increase in revenue
  • 516% increase in transactions
  • 350% increase in site traffic
  • 37% increase in conversion rate
  • 39% increase in average order value
I tried to copy and paste this but it wouldn't post right so I had to do a screen shot from the article.
Top 10 States.jpg

https://ammo.com/coronavirus-impact-on-ammunition-sales
A case of Federal 9mm 124 gr coming today from MidwayUSA and 5 boxes each of Blazer and Magtech 9mm 124 coming from TargetSportsUSA. Also 5 boxes of Aguila 9mm 124 gr from Classicfirearms. When all is delivered over 50 boxes of 9mm.
5 boxes each of Lawman and Federal 380 coming from TargetSportsUSA for the wife bringing her total up to 24 boxes.
Down to 10 boxes of Magtech 32acp Looking to buy from someone on my notify status. TargetSportsUSA has been the cheapest by $3 and change a box. I'll get a case from them or 10 boxes from MidwayUSA when I get a notification. 32acp is friggen expensive but I love the Beretta Tomcat.
This ammo issue will be around for quite a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A case of Federal 9mm 124 gr coming today from MidwayUSA and 5 boxes each of Blazer and Magtech 9mm 124 coming from TargetSportsUSA. Also 5 boxes of Aguilq 9mm 124 gr from Classicfirearms. When all is delivered over 50 boxes of 9mm.
5 boxes each of Lawman and Federal 380 coming for the wife bring her total up to 24 boxes.
Down to 10 boxes of Magtech 32acp Looking to buy from someone on my notify status. TargetSportsUSA has been the cheapest by $3 and change a box. I'll get a case from them or 10 boxes from MidwayUSA when I get a notification. 32acp is friggen expensive but I love the Beretta Tomcat.

Looks like you've been finding 9mm which is good as it's the most popular caliber right now. The .22's are still pretty reasonable and available but I think you'll see a run on them next when everything else starts to dry up or get outrageously priced which is happening quick. I'm now seeing steel cased going for more than what brass case was just one month ago.

Set up notifications at Academy Sports,they seem to be getting a lot of ammo in and their prices are still very reasonable and shipping is a flat rate $5.00. It's easier to just use the search bar and plug in what you're looking for.

https://www.academy.com/

Here's a link for all the .32 acp. You have to Allow Location Access to see if it's available for shipping in your area.

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/search?searchTerm=32 ammo

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you've been finding 9mm which is good as it's the most popular caliber right now. The .22's are still pretty reasonable and available but I think you'll see a run on them next when everything else starts to dry up or get outrageously priced which is happening quick. I'm now seeing steel cased going for more than what brass case was just one month ago.

Set up notifications at Academy Sports,they seem to be getting a lot of ammo in and their prices are still very reasonable and shipping is a flat rate $5.00. It's easier to just use the search bar and plug in what you're looking for.

https://www.academy.com/

Here's a link for all the .32 acp. You have to Allow Location Access to see if it's available for shipping in your area.

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/search?searchTerm=32 ammo
Thanks Dave but the Tomcat and I like this version of Magtech and I don't see it at Academy.
Unlike some other brands, the Tomcat eats that Magtech well.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magtech-sport-32-acp-auto-ammo-71-grain-fmj-32a-p-2845.aspx

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

LOL....I have 5 25 rnd mags coming ..I double ordered on two gun sites ....Opps Did the same with Holsters UGH... May have to get a few more mags. I have seven mags for the sig and m&p. I prefer loading ALL the mags at home and then just shooting from 16 magazines. With five pre-filled 25 rounders and 14 for the SIG and M&P I can leave the loader home LOL

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LOL....I have 5 25 rnd mags coming ..I double ordered on two gun sites ....Opps Did the same with Holsters UGH... May have to get a few more mags. I have seven mags for the sig and m&p. I prefer loading ALL the mags at home and then just shooting from 16 magazines. With five pre-filled 25 rounders and 14 for the SIG and M&P I can leave the loader home LOL
I always pre-load at home too but I find you sometimes go through a lot more ammo because now you can just drop a mag,load and start shooting. Most of our range trips are out to the desert and we end up talking like a bunch of old ladies at times so there are days we will be out there for 5-6 hours. lol

The .22's I don't care so much about pre-loading as they're easy to load but the 223 and my 9mm/35 round mags for my Scorpion are thumb busters! One friend who I go with didn't have a loader for his Scorpion and always uses mine (which I don't care) but one day he went without me and had to hand load all his 35 round mags. He said by the last mag he went straight to Amazon and ordered a loader as he couldn't feel his thumb anymore. lol

I usually try to have at least 4-5 mags per gun but my Scorpion I have 12 because they use to run good specials at Palmetto State Armory where you buy 5 or more @ $14.99 and it was free shipping.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Things may be opening up a bit. This morning I received email notifications for Lawman $11.03 TargetsportsUSAand Federal 9mm 124 gr MidwayUSA $12.99. I'm fine for quite a while on 9mm but waiting for Magtech 32.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Things may be opening up a bit. This morning I received email notifications for Lawman $11.03 TargetsportsUSAand Federal 9mm 124 gr MidwayUSA $12.99. I'm fine for quite a while on 9mm but waiting for Magtech 32.
Academy Sports has been getting in a lot 9mm brass cased. I saw some Winchester white box 115gr going for 0.19/round which is really good right now. Can't beat their $5.00 shipping either. I might not renew my prime membership with Target Sports once it expires in August. I'm stocked up with everything except 223 but I'll just shoot that a little less and wait until things settle down and prices come back to normal.