First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I am right at $500 in tools and reloading manuals including a used Lee Turret press with a bunch of extras. I only reload .223 and 300 blackout. But I bought 6k worth of primers and bullets pre-covid when the price was 3 cents per primer. Despite ammo dropping and getting some good better deals on that, primers absolutely refuse to come down.

Edit: To be a little more precise:
Lee Turret used with accessories = $185
Lee Dies, case tools, trimming tools, headspace gauges = $120
Frankford Arsenal tumbler, media, media separator, scale, caliper, case lube = $165 (labor day sale)
Lyman reloading manual = $30 (I pirate-bayed the rest)
That's sounds a lot more reasonable than I had imagined. I think I'll be looking in to something soon.

some time back lee used to sell single caliber kits, all manual with just the most basic needed items. they were about 200 last time i saw one. Then one would have to get other items to be ready to roll. i should have got one then.
That sounds really intriguing. I don't know that I'm looking for another "hobby" but I'd like to have the knowledge/tools/ability. Just in case, you know.:wink:

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I am right at $500 in tools and reloading manuals including a used Lee Turret press with a bunch of extras. I only reload .223 and 300 blackout. But I bought 6k worth of primers and bullets pre-covid when the price was 3 cents per primer. Despite ammo dropping and getting some good better deals on that, primers absolutely refuse to come down.

Edit: To be a little more precise:
Lee Turret used with accessories = $185
Lee Dies, case tools, trimming tools, headspace gauges = $120
Frankford Arsenal tumbler, media, media separator, scale, caliper, case lube = $165 (labor day sale)
Lyman reloading manual = $30 (I pirate-bayed the rest)
Buying the components on the cheap pays for the loader quick! Primers are short......now, they're saying some powders gonna be in short supply!

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I started with a Lee Single stage and loading 300BLK…….but it didn’t stay that way!

I now run an Ammobot automated Dillon 1050 for 9mm, Dillon 550 for .223, and a new Area419 Zero press for precision rifle cartridges.

Like all other hobbies, I started with a budget approach and kept changing my budget as my “wants” changed.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Buying the components on the cheap pays for the loader quick! Primers are short......now, they're saying some powders gonna be in short supply!
That sucks. I have been holding out buying powder because of the price, CFE black in particular. Sigh maybe I will have to bite the bullet.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
That sucks. I have been holding out buying powder because of the price, CFE black in particular. Sigh maybe I will have to bite the bullet.
I have held off til a couple weeks ago. Got an 8lb keg of AA2230 for 223......been buying 1lb Titegroup for 9mm........planning on another purchase tomorrow am of powder if they still have it!

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have held off til a couple weeks ago. Got an 8lb keg of AA2230 for 223......been buying 1lb Titegroup for 9mm........planning on another purchase tomorrow am of powder if they still have it!
My LGS has been OK with prices (just ok) and usually has CFE black. May be time to pay him a visit.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
That's the kind of shit I'm afraid of. :LOL:
When a new guy shows up to the range to shoot competition, I eventually ask him if he’s consider gambling or drugs….it might save him some money!

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could contribute to this thread, but I lost all my firearms over the course of about a dozen boating accidents. I enjoy lurking here even though I lost all my firearms.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I wish I could contribute to this thread, but I lost all my firearms over the course of about a dozen boating accidents. I enjoy lurking here even though I lost all my firearms.
Now that they are actually talking about confiscation I I don't feel so bad about loosing mine in boating accidents.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Went down to the local GS and came home with a Springfield XD-S in 45acp. Cleaned and oiled and drove the '22 to the gun club with 150rds of my reloads. Not one malfunction. All cleaned n oiled!
IMG_0206.jpeg
IMG_0205.jpeg