First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Any of you guys ever have issues with OpticsPlanet?

Made a purchase that included a couple of bags. On one of them they sent the wrong bag. After multiple calls and emails they said they'd take care of it. Got the replacement in today and wouldn't you guess it same mistake.

I understand that mistakes happen, but I expect them to be fixed when identified. Think I'm done with these clowns. Going forward I'll be sticking with Midway, Brownells, and Ammunition Dept.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Made a purchase that included a couple of bags. On one of them they sent the wrong bag. After multiple calls and emails they said they'd take care of it. Got the replacement in today and wouldn't you guess it same mistake.

I understand that mistakes happen, but I expect them to be fixed when identified. Think I'm done with these clowns. Going forward I'll be sticking with Midway, Brownells, and Ammunition Dept.
I've ordered stuff from them that was never delivered, actually. I kept waiting and asking about it and the orders never came. Finally THEY canceled one of them and I canceled the other.
I don't buy from them now.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

I have always had good luck with them. I use Brownell's and Primary Arms mostly.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive never liked optics planet much. i ordered a scope from them about 6 years ago. on sale as im cheap lol. but the one that showed up was clearly used, had scratches and screw driver marks on the hardware. the item was listed as new. it was a return. have not been back to them since.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I've ordered stuff from them that was never delivered, actually. I kept waiting and asking about it and the orders never came. Finally THEY canceled one of them and I canceled the other.
I don't buy from them now.
I have always had good luck with them. I use Brownell's and Primary Arms mostly.
ive never liked optics planet much. i ordered a scope from them about 6 years ago. on sale as im cheap lol. but the one that showed up was clearly used, had scratches and screw driver marks on the hardware. the item was listed as new. it was a return. have not been back to them since.
Yeah, used them for a few things recently. I was lured by prices and more specifically product availability.

Lesson relearned. Not worth it to save $5-$10 here and there to have to deal with their bullshit.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Stopped at the club yesterday am before work........picked up 216-9mm brass........143-223 brass.......24-45acp brass.........loaded the 9mm and 45acp yesterday. Worked the 223 brass with size, tumble, trim, swage, primed.......just finished loading with 23.5gr AA2230 with a 55gr FMJ and giving them a light crimp!

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Stopped at the club yesterday am before work........picked up 216-9mm brass........143-223 brass.......24-45acp brass.........loaded the 9mm and 45acp yesterday. Worked the 223 brass with size, tumble, trim, swage, primed.......just finished loading with 23.5gr AA2230 with a 55gr FMJ and giving them a light crimp!
Wow you reloaders really shoot some weird calibers. 216-9mm, 143-223, 24-45. I have never heard of any of those.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Wow you reloaders really shoot some weird calibers. 216-9mm, 143-223, 24-45. I have never heard of any of those.
Actually brings up a good question I've been mulling over.

What's the cost to get into a good setup for reloading? Manual stuff, nothing crazy, just a reliable setup to load 3 maybe 4 calibers.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

What's the cost to get into a good setup for reloading? Manual stuff, nothing crazy, just a reliable setup to load 3 maybe 4 calibers.
I am right at $500 in tools and reloading manuals including a used Lee Turret press with a bunch of extras. I only reload .223 and 300 blackout. But I bought 6k worth of primers and bullets pre-covid when the price was 3 cents per primer. Despite ammo dropping and getting some good better deals on that, primers absolutely refuse to come down.

Edit: To be a little more precise:
Lee Turret used with accessories = $185
Lee Dies, case tools, trimming tools, headspace gauges = $120
Frankford Arsenal tumbler, media, media separator, scale, caliper, case lube = $165 (labor day sale)
Lyman reloading manual = $30 (I pirate-bayed the rest)

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

some time back lee used to sell single caliber kits, all manual with just the most basic needed items. they were about 200 last time i saw one. Then one would have to get other items to be ready to roll. i should have got one then.