Greenish staining on tires?

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student
Went thru a mud puddle today in the desert and spent an hour at the pressure wash to get it off. Afterwards, I now see this greenish/blue tint on my tires....outer edge and in between the tread. It's on there pretty good so not sure what I'll use to get it off, but what the heck is this?

These are new tires and didn't have any of this until after my wash. I did use a soap cycle, but the soap seemed pretty mild, wasn't colored and I washed everything off after.

I will say, the mud, combined with all the sand created a clayish, cement like mixer that took 4 high pressure passes to get off. Probably won't make that mistake again. On a side note, really like these Mickey Thompson tires offroad especially, and onroad as well.

20231227_150745.jpg

Screenshot_20231227_141555_Video Player.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student
I'd just try a classic tire cleaner and brush scrub combo.
I had some old Rain-X brand triple threat wheel cleaner and cleaned them all. It's dark now and tires are still wet, but I "think" I have resolved this issue. I'll know for sure in the A.M.

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
Let my dog pee on your tires, it is so caustic that it eats oil stains off the concrete.
Seriously try presoaking with the engine degreaser setting at the car wash.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Did he just discover a new copper deposit? Better stake some claims.

OP
OP

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student
I'd just try a classic tire cleaner and brush scrub combo.
So I had an old bottle of Armor All Triple Action Wheel Cleaner (it must be 15-20 year old), but sprayed it on, washed it off and they look like new! Took 5 min. I watched all the dirt dissolve in the foam immediately.

For anyone interested I believe its been replaced with Extreme Wheel and Tire.

Armor all.jpeg

AA40330_media-01.jpg

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Sitting here trying to imagine worrying about dirt on my tires.... uh nope. Can't see it bothering me.

Of course I have washed my truck a whopping 2 times since I brought it home ten months ago. Well, and ran it through an automatic car wash 2 other times. My 25 year old self is no doubt appalled at my current automotive cleanliness standards. :LOL:

Funny how age can change your priorities. :rockon:

OP
OP

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student
Sitting here trying to imagine worrying about dirt on my tires.... uh nope. Can't see it bothering me.

Of course I have washed my truck a whopping 2 times since I brought it home ten months ago. Well, and ran it through an automatic car wash 2 other times. My 25 year old self is no doubt appalled at my current automotive cleanliness standards. :LOL:

Funny how age can change your priorities. :rockon:
Right there with you chief, however, this was a different beast. Took 4 passes at a high pressure car wash to get this stuff off. It was a combination of clay dirt and sand so it was basically concrete. My guess is that even you, all hardened, old and crusty, wouldn't have left it the way it was. :like:

20231227_100327.jpg

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Yep I've seen that before myself, after being in mud. Must be some kind of chemical reaction between something in the mud and the tyres. Modern tyres are a literal witches brew of many different compounds. Could be anything.
Sponsored