Got a picture of the “ take a rest “

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Would it be inappropriate to ask my stealership to re-flash my ECM so my 'go home and get a BJ' light goes on?
Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
The instrument panel on my 2019 Lariat doesn't look like that. It has a round speedometer in the middle, and small information screens on each side. Do I have a 'misfit', or does the XLT have a different instrument panel than the Lariat? I like yours better.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
The instrument panel on my 2019 Lariat doesn't look like that. It has a round speedometer in the middle, and small information screens on each side. Do I have a 'misfit', or does the XLT have a different instrument panel than the Lariat? I like yours better.
My Lariat has a different instrument cluster. I believe there are more functions available than on the XLT.

Deleted member 1634

My Lariat has a different instrument cluster. I believe there are more functions available than on the XLT.
The XL and XLT have the instrument cluster shown. Lariats have the single center dial type cluster. The Lariat has some additional features because of that, but mostly it's just the same features laid out in a different way.

I personally like the dual dial type cluster. One of the main reasons I went with an XLT instead of a Lariat. That and I didn't want the additional fancy features either anyways.

OP
OP
u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
The XL and XLT have the instrument cluster shown. Lariats have the single center dial type cluster. The Lariat has some additional features because of that, but mostly it's just the same features laid out in a different way.

I personally like the dual dial type cluster. One of the main reasons I went with an XLT instead of a Lariat. That and I didn't want the additional fancy features either anyways.
i have never been in a lariat model with dash lit .but did notice they have a push button start i have a key.

Deleted member 1634

i have never been in a lariat model with dash lit .but did notice they have a push button start i have a key.
Yeah, there are plenty of other differences besides the gauge cluster, including push button vs key start. Leather seats, projector headlights, turn signal mirrors, standard features only optional on XLT, etc. I've never been in a Lariat either, was never interested, I've just done years of research on these trucks and happened to have gathered plenty of useless information. haha It's a gift and a curse. haha

OP
OP
u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Yeah, there are plenty of other differences besides the gauge cluster, including push button vs key start. Leather seats, projector headlights, turn signal mirrors, standard features only optional on XLT, etc. I've never been in a Lariat either, was never interested, I've just done years of research on these trucks and happened to have gathered plenty of useless information. haha It's a gift and a curse. haha
I did no research I wanted out of a Tacoma and a buddy said rangers back!! I test drove and was game!! turn signals in the mirrors would of been cool. I have he lane assist on mine but turned it off at 500 miles or so never back on .I don't care for the start stop either so that off also .I do wish I got the vinyl flooring and vinyl seats would of been a home run. otherwise love the truck.I

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
vinyl seats would of been a home run. otherwise love the truck.I
Hi Robert,

We killed our last Nogga in the late 90s....at the demand of PETA. So it is cloth or "leather".... ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Deleted member 1634

I did no research I wanted out of a Tacoma and a buddy said rangers back!! I test drove and was game!! turn signals in the mirrors would of been cool. I have he lane assist on mine but turned it off at 500 miles or so never back on .I don't care for the start stop either so that off also .I do wish I got the vinyl flooring and vinyl seats would of been a home run. otherwise love the truck.I
My brain can't comprehend how someone is able to just buy things on a whim like that. haha Especially something as large and expensive as a new vehicle. Not saying you're wrong to do so. Obviously it has worked for you and no shame in that. But my super analytical and data oriented brain won't allow me to buy anything, not even something as simple as a water bottle, without first learning everything there is to know about the product and the company, comparing it to all the other products like it, mulling it over for awhile (anywhere from weeks to years depending on the gravity of the purchase), second guessing whether I actually even need it or not, then purchase (or not). Again, it's a gift and a curse. haha I do get pretty much exactly what I want each time, which is nice, but I have to go through a bunch of work and stress to get it.

OP
OP
u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
My brain can't comprehend how someone is able to just buy things on a whim like that. haha Especially something as large and expensive as a new vehicle. Not saying you're wrong to do so. Obviously it has worked for you and no shame in that. But my super analytical and data oriented brain won't allow me to buy anything, not even something as simple as a water bottle, without first learning everything there is to know about the product and the company, comparing it to all the other products like it, mulling it over for awhile (anywhere from weeks to years depending on the gravity of the purchase), second guessing whether I actually even need it or not, then purchase (or not). Again, it's a gift and a curse. haha I do get pretty much exactly what I want each time, which is nice, but I have to go through a bunch of work and stress to get it.
I bought the Tacoma same way didn’t work out !! Only so many small trucks to pick from.
Sponsored