First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I like Rangers allot, and mine in particular, but there are lots on this site alone that I think are hideous, and I suspect more than 1 person on here thinks mine is hideous.

That Tundras is a statement image to be bold. Make that truck dark grey or black, tint the windows and it could look great. Or get a less poorly fit grill/colour scheme.

oTutbP0.png
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Not sure why this thread came to mind this morning :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/why-are-some-tacoma-owners-like-this.14131/

Quote from the thread. Flip Ranger for Toyota/Taco and we have this thread.

[QUOTE}
It seems that Tacoma owners simply cannot compliment or acknowledge that a non-Toyota truck is as good as their beloved Tacoma. Their blinders are absolutely ridiculous.
When I see folks posting in the Tacoma Facebook groups that they’ve bought a Chevy/Ford/Ram, it only takes a second before the “good luck with your new piece of crap truck”, “you’ll be back; those trucks are total crap”, “you’re an idiot for leaving the Tacoma” etc.
It’s like they take it so personally that someone dares to buy a non-Tacoma truck. [/QUOTE]

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Not sure why this thread came to mind this morning :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/why-are-some-tacoma-owners-like-this.14131/

Quote from the thread. Flip Ranger for Toyota/Taco and we have this thread.

[QUOTE}
It seems that Tacoma owners simply cannot compliment or acknowledge that a non-Toyota truck is as good as their beloved Tacoma. Their blinders are absolutely ridiculous.
When I see folks posting in the Tacoma Facebook groups that they’ve bought a Chevy/Ford/Ram, it only takes a second before the “good luck with your new piece of crap truck”, “you’ll be back; those trucks are total crap”, “you’re an idiot for leaving the Tacoma” etc.
It’s like they take it so personally that someone dares to buy a non-Tacoma truck.
[/QUOTE]
It is just like everything else, as far as brand loyalty....whether it's a brand of coffee, a vehicle brand, or a set of tools. Some consumers will remain loyal to a brand no matter what proof is given to show there is something better. One only has to look at certain manufacturers, and problems they had over years past, yet they still have a loyal following.
Toyo owners look at us the same way we look at and criticize them, or GM, or Dodge/Ram.
We kid about it, but bottom line, we, as Ford/Ranger owners/lovers, are just as guilty.
To each his/her own choices. We're happy with ours, and their happy with their's.
Not right or wrong...it's what drives competition and innovation.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
PM sent, this is not the place for a long story like that.

Back to the OP I hope the Toyota forums have the same sick sense of humor we have here, some forums have more angry people, some more funny people, good luck, come back when you move on, let us know how long the smile lasted.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
PM sent, this is not the place for a long story like that.

Back to the OP I hope the Toyota forums have the same sick sense of humor we have here, some forums have more angry people, some more funny people, good luck, come back when you move on, let us know how long the smile lasted.

I'm not sure about the Tundra forum but the Tacoma forum is a complete shit show! I've been on many different forums over the years and that one is the worst of them all and probably the least I've ever participated on. I joined because the '16 was the start of the 3rd Gen and wanted to get as much info as I could but once my Tacoma was delivered I never went back on there.

When I was researching the Ranger I found this forum, lurked and read a lot for about a week before joining. I was really happy this was nothing like the TW forum and you can get a wealth of info here without being belittled for asking questions.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I like Rangers allot, and mine in particular, but there are lots on this site alone that I think are hideous, and I suspect more than 1 person on here thinks mine is hideous.

That Tundras is a statement image to be bold. Make that truck dark grey or black, tint the windows and it could look great. Or get a less poorly fit grill/colour scheme.

oTutbP0.png
Needs more hood scoops...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
PBR drinking, turd looker?

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your next musings...
And my husband wonders why I enjoy reading this forum. Ya’ll never fail to crack me up! :LOL:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
...and you can get a wealth of info here without being belittled for asking questions.
unless you mention damper or rear shocks or tires bigger than Space Shuttle with lift, etc. :crackup:

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
It is just like everything else, as far as brand loyalty....whether it's a brand of coffee, a vehicle brand, or a set of tools. Some consumers will remain loyal to a brand no matter what proof is given to show there is something better. One only has to look at certain manufacturers, and problems they had over years past, yet they still have a loyal following.
Toyo owners look at us the same way we look at and criticize them, or GM, or Dodge/Ram.
We kid about it, but bottom line, we, as Ford/Ranger owners/lovers, are just as guilty.
To each his/her own choices. We're happy with ours, and their happy with their's.
Not right or wrong...it's what drives competition and innovation.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. People start to identify with a brand. If the brand is seen as flawed some part of them worries they'll be seen as flawed, too, for driving one. Or making a bad choice. Or whatever.

I know Ford Rangers have flaws. But they are also very familiar to me. The style, the ergonomics, the connectors - just how they do things in general. Even the flaws and how Ford or the dealers deal with the flaws is familiar so I know how to deal with them without having to put too much thought or effort into it. I need those brain cells for other things.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ah let them have their jollies of superiority. That all ends when they see our tail lights dimming out as they furiously try to keep up from being shamed. Best ear to ear grin there is!
Sponsored