First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Front what I read and how I understand it, + offset leads to the tire being further away from the hub which means more wheel bearing wear. Negative offset is closer to hub. So u r 55mm closer to hub than stock and I guess that would be easier for bearings? So my 35mm is 20mm further away from the bearings. That is what I am worried about. ? Is that a legit concern?
I think you are confused. Offset is the distance of the mounting surface of the wheel from the center line of the wheel.

A wheel with zero offset will have an equal amount of the rims width on either side of the wheel mounting surface. Positive offset will have a larger portion of the wheels width behind the wheels mounting surface. Negative offset is just the opposite.

What does this do on the vehicle? More positive offset tucks the tire and wheel further under the fender. More negative offset will move tire toward the outside edge of the fender. Putting a spacer between the wheel and hub is effectively increasing the negative offset.

Generally positive offset will center the wheel over the bearing better but to much can go beyond the bearing centerline.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
This photo looks like they just need a good cleaning. Not a quick flexi-wand brush or similar, but down on your knees, with a synthitic, stiff bristled hand held brush and a little soap.
i did clean them, ok but it came back after a good rain. the nadcocks are crap imho. went with coopers. no problem any longer and i never get this look. always stay as a tire should be, black.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I am also wanting to go from 17’s to 16’s for off-road purposes as well. I found a set of 4 of the 16’s for 80 bucks off offer up from another Ranger, then bought the 5th off EBay for about 60-80 bucks. I really really want to go with 255/85/16’s and saw another thread of a gentleman who was able to fit them without any rubbing even on articulation.
So what tire combo did you chose?
I have 35's (315/75) on 16" wheels. You can fit them without issue. Rubbing will only come into play if you change the offset/tire size.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have 4 original 2019 16” steelies with 255/70/R-16’s (Bridgestone Duellers)And TPMS sensors.
Taken off at 1000 miles.
$550.00
Live Oak Fla.
(No shipping please)
Sponsored

Last edited: