Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! I'm not sure how they'd look on my stock truck, but I gotta say, I think they look great on yours. My RB20's aren't even showing shipped yet.
Mine didn't show as shipped either even after I got an email from fedex with the tracking number. I ordered them from stage 3 as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Keith Vlk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keithvlk.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Creative (Photo/Video/Motion Graphics)
OK, got the D6's installed. First thing I would say is that they are definitely running boards width wise. It still has a slider look which does give the truck a more rugged appearance. I tried to get a bunch of different angles to get an idea of the width, how far it sticks out, and just how it looks. I think this is only a good option if you have wheels with an offset that stick out further than stock. I have a +20 offset and 18x9 wheels with 285/65's and they are about evenly aligned.

For me I was looking for a step for when I get a roof rack and a little more protection. As a step to get into the truck its probably pointless. I won't use it as a step into the truck and it will take some getting used to feeling it hit the back of my leg when I get out but they should serve their purpose for my needs. I will say there are 2 sets of holes to install them vertically, maybe a half inch apart from each other I'd have to measure, so they can be installed slightly lower than I installed them, very slightly.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg
Damn. I really like the look of those. I was worried they'd be too wide, but I like the slider look and a little bit of bigger step. I think this and the D1s would look great with an offset. Stock they might be too wide, but this sold me. Buying mine next paycheck.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Mine didn't show as shipped either even after I got an email from fedex with the tracking number. I ordered them from stage 3 as well.
Yeah they showed up today. No email from anybody...:crackup:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
my DSS bars just got delivered today, box was fricken huge and 85 lbs. i had to pick it up from fedex and the box was hanging way out the bed i'm gonna try to install tomorrow and post some pics afterwards

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Got my RB20's installed and I'm having some buyers remorse. The taper is just too much for me. If they were the same width as the narrow end, I would have been able to live with them. The wide end is just a little too wide for my taste. Didn't see it in the million pics I looked at. I'd need to go up two tire sizes and a different wheel offset to make it look perfect (which isn't happening). I wish I had went with the DSS, although I like how the various boards sit closer to the rocker panel pinch weld than the bars do. Hoping they'll grow on me:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed these DSS bars by myself. Tip to make your life easier if you don't have access to a lift and had to do it laying on the ground like me. mount the back 2 brackets to the body and mount the front bracket to the step bar keeping it loose enough so you can slide the mount in the channel in the bar. stick the bar on a big box that will roughly be the same height as installed. and then mount the front bracket to the body.

Then you can bolt the rear and middle brackets. to the in channel mounting plate much easier.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I just installed these DSS bars by myself. Tip to make your life easier if you don't have access to a lift and had to do it laying on the ground like me. mount the back 2 brackets to the body and mount the front bracket to the step bar keeping it loose enough so you can slide the mount in the channel in the bar. stick the bar on a big box that will roughly be the same height as installed. and then mount the front bracket to the body.

Then you can bolt the rear and middle brackets. to the in channel mounting plate much easier.
I did mine on my own as well. It was a struggle but definitely doable!

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine myself as well. Just set them on my little wheeled shop stool and adjusted it to the proper height. Very simple.

Have any pics of your DSS's?

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got my RB20's installed and I'm having some buyers remorse. The taper is just too much for me. If they were the same width as the narrow end, I would have been able to live with them. The wide end is just a little too wide for my taste. Didn't see it in the million pics I looked at. I'd need to go up two tire sizes and a different wheel offset to make it look perfect (which isn't happening). I wish I had went with the DSS, although I like how the various boards sit closer to the rocker panel pinch weld than the bars do. Hoping they'll grow on me:rolleyes:.
Oh man I hate buyers remorse. I'm surprised because I've seen a few of these on stock Rangers and they look great.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Oh man I hate buyers remorse. I'm surprised because I've seen a few of these on stock Rangers and they look great.
Well I gotta say, I like em more everyday. I do believe they would look better without the wide front, but I have gotten several compliments on them already. They will only look better when I go up a tire size and add a very small lift. Went down a dirt/muddy road the other day and to hear the amount of small rocks and debris hitting them was insane. I've concluded the front moulded flaps don't do a whole lot.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no pics yet been super busy with work and I've got to swap out 1 bar when i installed it it had a defect in the powder coating from the factory on the top plate. i contacted the warranty dept and they got a new bar out to me within a week. so good job to GoRhino for standing behind their products and workmanship

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
no pics yet been super busy with work and I've got to swap out 1 bar when i installed it it had a defect in the powder coating from the factory on the top plate. i contacted the warranty dept and they got a new bar out to me within a week. so good job to GoRhino for standing behind their products and workmanship
Good to hear! I hope it doesn’t happen but I anticipate having to contact them in a few years to talk to them about the 5 year finish guarantee. Not many boards survive the salt for that long around here!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear! I hope it doesn’t happen but I anticipate having to contact them in a few years to talk to them about the 5 year finish guarantee. Not many boards survive the salt for that long around here!
just make sure you register the warranty on their website or by sending in the yellow warranty card that was in the box. keep your receipt as well. they will ask for it. i only had a e-mailed receipt from the purchasing vendor and it was sufficient

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just make sure you register the warranty on their website or by sending in the yellow warranty card that was in the box. keep your receipt as well. they will ask for it. i only had a e-mailed receipt from the purchasing vendor and it was sufficient
:oops: There wasn’t a warranty card in mine and I wasn’t aware of having to register on their site, but maybe they don’t even offer it in Canada? I ordered them through my work so at least I can pull some strings there if needed. Thanks!
Sponsored