First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
A month and a half ago I finally saved enough and deals lined up right and bought my Ranger with the plan to get a Go Fast Campers top. seems like I should have ordered the top and bought truck later... number 1229 on the waiting list. anybody have theirs yet and care to share pics and experience? I've seen Wes's thread with the prototype highrise and wondering how they fit now with final design
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Cody Townsend has one. Google his youtube videos and you will see the one he did on his camper. I don't want mine this year, I need to save up some money and want to take a roadtip next Summer to pick it up.

OP
OP
myothercarizahearse

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
so you should order it now. estimated build start may 2021 and 8-12 weeks to complete and I'm planning on a summer road trip to pick it up and see grandbabies in Havre. it's $500 deposit to get in line and pay the rest later so you have over a year to save

Tod

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger super cab FX4
Occupation
Woodworker/heat ac tech
A month and a half ago I finally saved enough and deals lined up right and bought my Ranger with the plan to get a Go Fast Campers top. seems like I should have ordered the top and bought truck later... number 1229 on the waiting list. anybody have theirs yet and care to share pics and experience? I've seen Wes's thread with the prototype highrise and wondering how they fit now with final design
I picked up my Go Fast Camper October first for my 2019 super cab. My wife dog and I drove out to Montana from Finger Lakes NY to pick it up and camped in it for two weeks going home. It suits us very well as it is quick to setup, is lightweight and allows for flexibility in building the rest of the truck. For our purposes it is a versatile topper for a Ranger.
5BE3228E-895C-42BB-829D-5B71FBEE4A9E.jpeg

OP
OP
myothercarizahearse

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
Freakin sweet! hopefully I'll get color samples this week. you got any side pics? what did you do with the stock antenna?

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would have loved to get into a GFC, but the wait was the biggest factor for me. Ended up going with a KBVoodoo Rack and CVT Mt. Shasta. Hopefully in the future I can get one of these.

OP
OP
myothercarizahearse

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
I would have loved to get into a GFC, but the wait was the biggest factor for me. Ended up going with a KBVoodoo Rack and CVT Mt. Shasta. Hopefully in the future I can get one of these.
I know what you mean...long, long wait. I wanted a cap and didn't like RTT on top and a kayak or canoe on top of that. Plus there would have been more weight and a ladder to lose/break.

Tod

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Woodworker/heat ac tech

Tod

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Woodworker/heat ac tech
I had them cut the antenna do the camper fit. The GFC installer said they typically do that on Rangers and it doesn’t affect radio reception. It may have made it a little worse. I am thinking of retrofitting a better solution. If you are like my wife and me, you will love your GFC/Ranger camper.

OP
OP
myothercarizahearse

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
I had them cut the antenna do the camper fit. The GFC installer said they typically do that on Rangers and it doesn’t affect radio reception. It may have made it a little worse. I am thinking of retrofitting a better solution. If you are like my wife and me, you will love your GFC/Ranger camper.
I paid thursday and color samples will be here today... 6 more months...

I wanted a blue truck but ended up with white because it was the only super cab within 200 miles with options I wanted. we would have had twins. I hardly listen to the radio so shorter antenna is no big deal but I don't want a cut antenna... Mr Stubby it is. It sits a little high over the cab. Is it because of the fin? What's the deal with the dog ramp? where did you find it?

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
They're supposed to be announcing a topper version without the tent at some point soon as well. I've been looking at the RSI Smartcap but the GFC on the Tacoma looks nice, waiting to see pricing.
Sponsored