Go Fast Camper V2

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
This looks like a great project. I’m very interested in seeing how it comes together.

Can you mount those struts on the inside of the frame? It will give the exterior a sleeker look and the struts will likely last longer.
You totally can (and I really wanted to!), but it introduces too many problems when it comes to fastening the tent to the extrusion. The V2 GFC mounts the gas struts in the middle of their custom aluminum extrusion, eliminating that problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
egilbe

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
GFC does not come up in search.
https://gofastcampers.com/

Best part of it being halfway across the country, is that I can spend the rest of my two week vacation exploring Montana and trying out the GFC. The GF and I are discussing plans to possibly moving out there. I work in IT. I can get a job just about anywhere. I'd be happy being a Barista if I could get some time off to explore.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My bad I thought that GFC was a strut company.

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Very cool Wasatch, this is my plan as well. I'm planning on starting my build this summer but am only going with the topper section. Unfortunately a wedge tent isn't big enough for our family of humans and critters. I'll end up incorporating a rack for the roof with some aluminum extrusion to mount a tent to. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much it weights? How hard is it to take off and put on.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Make your own!

I've been inching towards completion. I'll post a build thread once it's done:

PXL_20210120_202910652_2.jpg
PXL_20210110_001348716.jpg
Are you following the plans one of the Tacoma guys made? He made his own GFC clone with some changes, and sells plans for it online. He has some cool vids on youtube as well. I thought about doing this, he makes it seem a lot easier than I'm sure it is.

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
Are you following the plans one of the Tacoma guys made? He made his own GFC clone with some changes, and sells plans for it online. He has some cool vids on youtube as well. I thought about doing this, he makes it seem a lot easier than I'm sure it is.
I have seen those threads... they help tremendously when it comes to comparing materials, bolt sizes, etc.. I'm excited to get it mounted on the truck and do a full write up for y'all.