GFB DV+

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been doing some research on this and I think I’m going to go for it but I had a question. Is it true if you put to much oil/grease on the piston you will get a flutter? Is everyone oiling the piston? Liberally? Lightly?
Like you I've done a lot of research. Pony is right, a little dab will do you. Watch this guy oil his, as you can see he does exactly what Pony says. Dip your finger in it, rub it on and call it finished. I've marked it at the point he starts to oil his so you don't have to watch it all.

Sponsored

Northlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Fast shipping and 10% discount from Panda Motorworks....installed today in about 15 minutes start to finish.

Didn't even disconnect the electrical plug, just took out the stock screws, flipped it over and put in the new Go Fast Bits.

As suggested, put a light coat of Mobil 1 on the new piston prior to bolting it all back together.

The stock ring that needs to be removed is "crackly" indeed...mine cracked as I tugged/twisted to get it out. Almost freaked out...but then just kept going. Not likely we'll be going back to stock.

First drive: My reaction is the truck is smoother on acceleration and comes back on quicker from off throttle.

We'll give it another go later today, but happy so far with performance.

Thanks again, Panda Motorworks, for supporting this forum!!

Northlight

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Fast shipping and 10% discount from Panda Motorworks....installed today in about 15 minutes start to finish.

Didn't even disconnect the electrical plug, just took out the stock screws, flipped it over and put in the new Go Fast Bits.

As suggested, put a light coat of Mobil 1 on the new piston prior to bolting it all back together.

The stock ring that needs to be removed is "crackly" indeed...mine cracked as I tugged/twisted to get it out. Almost freaked out...but then just kept going. Not likely we'll be going back to stock.

First drive: My reaction is the truck is smoother on acceleration and comes back on quicker from off throttle.

We'll give it another go later today, but happy so far with performance.

Thanks again, Panda Motorworks, for supporting this forum!!

Northlight

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

Thank you for the shoutout! Glad you got this installed and are enjoying it!
We have these in stock ready to ship!

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician
Received at local UPS today and installed in about 10 minutes
No joke; I think it took me longer to retrieve it from the porch (where Brown Santa left it), unpack it, unbox it, and go over the instructions, than it did to install it. I didn't even break the crackly bit. On the bike today so I have no input on drivability, but I did stomp the pedal a few times in the garage-- Love the PSSSSSSHHHHH!

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
[/ATTACH]
Received at local UPS today and installed in about 10 minute
D29B6CA2-07FA-4257-BE4F-44E8AFDA5869.jpeg
s. Super easy swap out, and what an improvement in throttle response. And the VTA is awesome, I can finally hear that little turbo kickin!!!
I wanna hear it!

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
[/ATTACH]
Received at local UPS today and installed in about 10 minute
D29B6CA2-07FA-4257-BE4F-44E8AFDA5869.jpeg
s. Super easy swap out, and what an improvement in throttle response. And the VTA is awesome, I can finally hear that little turbo kickin!!!

Love that you are enjoying this!

Let me know if you need anything else!

P.S can you use the photo?

Thank you

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Huge improvements in drive ability, I’ll try to get a couple videos up soon. The sound is not very noticeable under normal driving conditions, but it’s VERY noticeable at WOT:crackup:

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
I wanna hear it!

It's loud in the video because I'm stomping the gas and quickly releasing the pedal. Roofhopper's right; it's not that noticeable. I was afraid that it would be annoying, but it's only loud when you cut the throttle quickly.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

It's loud in the video because I'm stomping the gas and quickly releasing the pedal. Roofhopper's right; it's not that noticeable. I was afraid that it would be annoying, but it's only loud when you cut the throttle quickly.
Perfect thank you!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

Video and testimonials sold me. Was running VTA and just Ordered the GFB DV + VTA

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Noticed last night that ventilation is a lot more noticeable in Sport mode because of the higher RPM shift points. More RPM = more PSI, I guess.
Sponsored