Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You will do it. You weren't going to do spacers. And you weren't going to do shocks. I should have it installed by the time you get down here we can run both trucks to see if it really does anything.
Dear brother, I don't screw with engine parts. It runs fine the way it is. There was plenty of talk of this part many months ago and I didn't bite. I won't now either. Especially at $16.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
And the only review says “product arrived damaged”, may not be the piece you want to bolt onto your Ranger lest it fail and leave you stranded
I don't see how the part can fail. unless the spring tensions are different. I'll know once I get it I've already installed one of the $139 ones on another turbo vehicle. It's going to fail it's going to fail going in. Many things that are made in China for US companies are also made for AliExpress. (Hello iPhone) I found no difference in a lot of things that I bought from the Amazon of China. I think the Chinese make a lot of parts and assemblies for American companies.I think it's the same quality as one buying a new one out of a box in the states. AliExpress is also a wholesale Market for companies that import their stuff and resell them in the US. I purchase a lot of stuff on AliExpress. Never been burnt...................................yet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's a bootleg.
I I don't see why they would make a bootleg of a part that really doesn't sell all that much. I think it's factory-made and sold under the table to local sellers on Alibaba Express. I bought four pairs of Nikes from AliExpress. They're also made in China. I'm pretty sure the part came out of a factory in China and is the exact same part they're selling here in any case it's worth a try before I buy the u.s. imported version That gets slapped with a DVB+ White Label, I prefer the non named part, Would be hard to tell it was a bolt on.

And the only review says “product arrived damaged”, may not be the piece you want to bolt onto your Ranger lest it fail and leave you stranded
. No reward without risk. The bigger the risk the bigger the reward. $16 is throw away for that part if it works or not. If it works it's a nice find. There are few different companies selling that part AliExpress. . Scroll down on this page you will find they make that part for a ton of vehicles. Once again I'm ready to take one for the team. Guinea pig part 2.

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/gfb-d...fb+dv&catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20191206055313

You only ordered one? Should have ordered tons and made a business of it.
I don't want to get into that business. It may not work as advertised. I'll know within 5 minutes of installing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Another issue with all these bootlegs coming from China is they hurt all industries. As the rip off the legitimate owners of the intellectual properties. They always use subpar materials to cut costs. Not to mention the virtual slave labor they employ. The US alone is losing millions of dollars and more a year due to the Chinese ripping off and selling bootlegs. So, support the market or the bootleggers. If you support the copies you'll eventually lose developers and they won't bother with making new parts we want. Just info for you to think about.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dear brother, I don't screw with engine parts. It runs fine the way it is. There was plenty of talk of this part many months ago and I didn't bite. I won't now either. Especially at $16.
This from the guy who actually had a supercharger installed on his Tacoma back in the day
Another issue with all these bootlegs coming from China is they hurt all industries. As the rip off the legitimate owners of the intellectual properties. They always use subpar materials to cut costs. Not to mention the virtual slave labor they employ. The US alone is losing millions of dollars and more a year due to the Chinese ripping off and selling bootlegs. So, support the market or the bootleggers. If you support the copies you'll eventually lose developers and they won't bother with making new parts we want. Just info for you to think about.

My first question is where is it made? If it's made in China case closed. Or are they made in Australia? Whenever I see "Made in China" I look on AliExpress to see if they have the same product. I don't see where they can cut corners on this part.

I've been buying goods from AliExpress for 10 years I never seen an American company go out of business because AliExpress is selling its product. Most people like my dear brother are afraid of the price. It's too low. However, When you look at the parts there really isn't much there. If it doesn't work I will eat crow and post it and buy one from u.s. Distributors. I know how the part is supposed to work because I had one before.

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This from the guy who actually had a supercharger installed on his Tacoma back in the day
If you remember, it was a TRD Supercharger, a Toyota part, warranty by Toyota and was installed by Toyota service and not a Mickey Mouse $29.95 bootleg Supercharger from Ali Express.

The video shows what part you are probably going to get.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you remember, it was a TRD Supercharger, a Toyota part, warranty by Toyota and was installed by Toyota service and not a Mickey Mouse $29.95 bootleg Supercharger from Ali Express.

The video shows what part you are probably going to get.
They don't offer it anymore for good reason. Too many issues. The GFB part is not rocket science.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They don't offer it anymore for good reason. Too many issues
True. Mine was replaced once. A SC knocking a second or two at shutdown.
Too bad as it was a nice mod on that weak V6 for power and sound.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I guess you missed my point about selling and buying bootlegs.....

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you missed my point about selling and buying bootlegs.....
I understand your point. I just don't agree with it. If I agreed with you, we both would be wrong...Too many "made in China" products litter all our retail units, The markups are astounding when Made in China.

May as well try it. . If I can save $100 and get the same result. That's about all I care about it. there aren't enough of me (who trust AliExpress) to harm US distributors I get that. So my few purchases will not put anyone out of business. No guilt trip here.

I have other monthly deductions for Charities. Auto part drop shippers are not on that list. Even though I bought my suspension parts from Panda. I wouldn't go to China for shocks although Eibach has a factory there. I didn't check the box but I would not be surprised to see the Pro Lift kit made in China. That is for safety reasons I would not buy those kits. But for a part that bolts on and can easily be reversed there are no worries especially at $16

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I understand your point. I just don't agree with it. If I agreed with you, we both would be wrong...Too many "made in China" products litter all our retail units, May as well try it. If they are made there, AliExpress will likely sell it. If I can save $100 and get the same result. That's about all I care about it.
From my perspective the danger is that (as shown in that video) is you don't really know if you are getting truly a knockoff that is EXACTLY the same part, or some cheapo imitation that looks the same, but functionally isn't anywhere close to the same. It is kind of like what Walmart does when they spec out their own parts for things that LOOK EXACTLY like a similar unit (name brand and all) but they spec cheaper parts so they can sell it for cheaper. It is difficult to tell the difference and shop and compare.

I've read that for IT equipment most of it is made in China and a lot of it they will run the manufacturing line during the day for the name brand company (CISCO, etc) and then run the same manufacturing lines after hours - producing EXACTLY the same product, but without the name brand on it. Those are shady deals, IMO, but is where you could possibly get the same quality stuff for less money.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From my perspective the danger is that (as shown in that video) is you don't really know if you are getting truly a knockoff that is EXACTLY the same part, or some cheapo imitation that looks the same, but functionally isn't anywhere close to the same. It is kind of like what Walmart does when they spec out their own parts for things that LOOK EXACTLY like a similar unit (name brand and all) but they spec cheaper parts so they can sell it for cheaper. It is difficult to tell the difference and shop and compare.

I've read that for IT equipment most of it is made in China and a lot of it they will run the manufacturing line during the day for the name brand company (CISCO, etc) and then run the same manufacturing lines after hours - producing EXACTLY the same product, but without the name brand on it. Those are shady deals, IMO, but is where you could possibly get the same quality stuff for less money.
38 people bought this......Not sure i would install them for safety reasons. None of which apply to the GFB part

Most of what we Mericans buy is made in China,( Hear me NIKE?) So why not try out a part for $16. If it doesn't work nothing will be harmed. Easily reversed. I just don't "see" $140 for the part. The Chinese part did quite well in the Fiat124. I expect nothing less now. If it doesn't work I will state it but past experience being the line in the sand says it will work as it should.

my collection of Nikes LOL All from AliExpres at less than $15 each. They are not falling apart... I ordered initially one pair to see what the quality was going to be. The quality was good enough to order some more
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/safe-shop-aliexpress/

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some ugly ass Nikes! :giggle:

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some ugly ass Nikes! :giggle:
One man's garbage and another's treasure. Happens all the time. Kind of like Zaino products...
Sponsored