First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
So I just got another package from Ford Performance today. They sent the wrong hardware. I received a second set of light brackets, I still don't have any of the j-clips. I'm so mad right now, because this means I get to wait again. Is anybody going to figure out what the hell is going on?

Edit: the light brackets contain a bolt and nut, but the instructions specifically say to throw it away. Deciding to see if it would work, I went out to the truck. The bolt is significantly too long and there is absolutely no chance that it will work. I need that bag you circled, but nobody seems to know how to find one. I already modified the wiring harness, so I feel like I'm screwed here. I'm about to call my credit card company to see what they can do for me, because this is ridiculous.

I was going to reply here before I even saw this. Our distributor opened up the single kit they had in stock and it is missing the U clips and brackets as well. I asked them to order in another kit from FP and explained how we are trying to resolve this exact issue.

The U-nuts are generic but I do not know the thread size used in this kit. If you prefer to buy these locally we will reimburse you or we can wait for the new kit to show up. Let me know and I do apologize for the delays.

- Benny
Sponsored

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I was going to reply here before I even saw this. Our distributor opened up the single kit they had in stock and it is missing the U clips and brackets as well. I asked them to order in another kit from FP and explained how we are trying to resolve this exact issue.

The U-nuts are generic but I do not know the thread size used in this kit. If you prefer to buy these locally we will reimburse you or we can wait for the new kit to show up. Let me know and I do apologize for the delays.

- Benny
The FP guy responded and seems upset with Rigid. He said he was very specific with them, yet they still sent the wrong thing. At this point this seems like an issue with Rigid and not knowing what is supposed to be included in the kits.

I would be happy to buy my own hardware if I could be sure it's the proper dimensions, I really just want these installed at this point. Clearance is tight, so I'd like to have some idea of what I should be looking for.

Edit: FP also said that all kits that they have seen are missing all of the hardware that I'm missing, so a simple exchange is unlikely to solve this issue. Rigid needs to figure out where the hell their hardware is.

Last edited:

Wannabe_spek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
RCAF AVN Technician
@LevittownFordParts.com any news on the tremor switches? as well as i saw way early on in this thread something about a ford performance offroad bumper?

cheers!

Regc8

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
retired
Is it a consensus that the drop in plastic bed liner is taboo? I tried to negotiate it upon purchase with no luck, got teed from that and didn't get one. Looked on marketplace and found 10 here in C FL from 250 to free! Lookin as new with all the fasteners. So free was a 2hr drive via I4 to meet @ 3pm met super nice folk that even help install it! Didn't want to insult with a offer for pay so invited them to call anytime if they needed a place to stay on any of out over crowd the roads event here in Daytona they may attend. So met others that I feel would be best of friends if we were closer. So am I one of few that still like the slick slidy liner? Sure works great for my 12' Yak!

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
The FP guy responded and seems upset with Rigid. He said he was very specific with them, yet they still sent the wrong thing. At this point this seems like an issue with Rigid and not knowing what is supposed to be included in the kits.

I would be happy to buy my own hardware if I could be sure it's the proper dimensions, I really just want these installed at this point. Clearance is tight, so I'd like to have some idea of what I should be looking for.

I appreciate you trying to work through this. I can see you have a Lowes about 4 miles away. If you can take the lamp and bracket with you to first identify the correct length bolt that would be great then secondly you will need to view these U clips to match the threads to that bolt https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=u clip&catalog=4294710807

Send me the receipt for the hardware and we will refund your promptly.

Thanks,
-Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I appreciate you trying to work through this. I can see you have a Lowes about 4 miles away. If you can take the lamp and bracket with you to first identify the correct length bolt that would be great then secondly you will need to view these U clips to match the threads to that bolt https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=u clip&catalog=4294710807

Thanks,
-Benny
Thank you for confirming that. I think they may have actually included the bolts for the u-clips, just not the clip itself, because otherwise I don't know what the bolts in "HDW-KIT364-A" (RHM MOUNT) are supposed to be for. I'll use them as a starting point, as it seems those bolts will JUST barely clear the light. Going to go to the store tonight to see if I can find something.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
@LevittownFordParts.com any news on the tremor switches? as well as i saw way early on in this thread something about a ford performance offroad bumper?

cheers!
Hi Jason,
I am sorry nothing yet on the switches. I am inquiring about the bumper, I know its been pushed back many times so far.

Thanks,
- Benny

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Thanks,
-Benny
Tried a set of 1/4"-20 u-nuts because the bolt I had was metric but very close to that size. Unfortunately the two brackets together are far too thick to make this u-nut fit. I'll see if they have some that allow thicker material between them, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow. This is the cycle I was trying to avoid, as I've now also scratched a good chunk of powdercoat off one of the hood brackets, but it still beats waiting for Rigid to get their crap together.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Tried a set of 1/4"-20 u-nuts because the bolt I had was metric but very close to that size. Unfortunately the two brackets together are far too thick to make this u-nut fit. I'll see if they have some that allow thicker material between them, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow. This is the cycle I was trying to avoid, as I've now also scratched a good chunk of powdercoat off one of the hood brackets, but it still beats waiting for Rigid to get their crap together.
I am going to call Rigid directly tomorrow as FP has been no help. Please hang tight until you hear back from me.

- Benny

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
I contacted Ridged today and was forced to submit my concern via Email as they do not handle shortages by phone. I asked for the hardware bag to be sent to you. I will let you know as soon as I receive a response.

Thank you,
- Benny

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I bought:

9. AutoStop Eliminator - Vendor.

AE002523x800_360x.jpeg
Awesome that you posted this and it's a good thing I found this thread this morning, as I'm definitely going to buy this Autostop Eliminator soon! I keep forgetting to push the button after every startup.... :/

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

We are honored to join Ranger 5G as a sponsoring vendor and hope that we can become a valuable asset here!

A bit about us: We are an authorized Ford dealership located in Levittown, NY therefore we have access to all Genuine Ford Parts & Accessories. We are also a proud Ford Performance and Roush dealer as well!

All parts we sell are discounted well below retail + we have available discount codes for members here so please let us know how we can help!

Thank you,
Benny
Hey Benny!

I was about to order an engine cover from you, but someone told me to check this thread first?

Also, I thought about some front tow hooks, would prefer them in Black, but I guess the ones in red would work too.

Thanks!

Robiwon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Hey there Benny I am looking to order some parts from you. Do you have any discount codes I could use?

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Hey Benny!

I was about to order an engine cover from you, but someone told me to check this thread first?

Also, I thought about some front tow hooks, would prefer them in Black, but I guess the ones in red would work too.

Thanks!
Hi Jason,

I am going to send you a code to use. As of right now we have no Black kit but are working on it. You will need to buy these parts individually, Here are links

X2 https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-bracket-assembly-towing-hook-supp-kb3z17a954e
X4 https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tow-hook-bolt-w720626s900

This is for a 2WD Application

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Sponsored