FX4 vinyl badging

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I still have my assembly sticker on the front windshield but they installed it crooked lol I pulled off the sport decals with the tiny ass 4x4 on them.

The dealer installed a pin stripe as part of a dealer add-on package with some bs lux-care interior treatment. the truck came from another dealer. i said i'm not paying for the add ons. so they removed the bedliner but left the pin stripe and didn't charge me for them.

Pin stripe looks pretty good and it makes my truck a little different so I left it on.
I'm seriously thinking about a pin stripe. Want to separate my Saber from the other Sabers around here.:)
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm seriously thinking about a pin stripe. Want to separate my Saber from the other Sabers around here.:)
I'll get a better picture of mine tomorrow but you can kind of see it in my profile picture i actually love the fact that it only goes from the fender to the end of the cab. its got some nice angles on it, so it flows nicely. it matches my magnetic trim as well

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'll get a better picture of mine tomorrow but you can kind of see it in my profile picture i actually love the fact that it only goes from the fender to the end of the cab. its got some nice angles on it, so it flows nicely. it matches my magnetic trim as well
Great! I'd like to see that. :like:

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of stock stickers.

20200630_164950.jpg
Thought about doing this myself until I seen too many smashed up 4x4’s w/ this decal in Kapahulu and Kalihi.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Way to remove a decal is to heat it with a Hair dryer, notice i didn't say heat gun, A hair dryer on the highest setting, actively and thoroughly, then pry a corner with either your nail of a rounded plastic trim tool carefully, then peal and heat. They come off ok when hot. If you get into the situation where your leaving the glue on the paint, instead of the graphic, start at a different corner to recover the glue onto the graphic. Removing to glue can be a pain, but heat is always the key in removing graphics, highers hair dryer setting is ideal. No Heat Guns!!! Done and undone many a graphic.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped at my favorite local body shop. The tech used a piece of string (it looked like braided nylon) wrapped around his fingers like dental floss to slip behind the edge, then sawed back and forth as he worked his way across the emblem. It left a bit of dark-colored adhesive behind, which he carefully removed with a rubber wheel. You cannot tell it was ever there. It left no mark on the paint.
Honestly, when you guys started talking about taking the "eco-boost badge" off, I did not know what it was! I had to go look at the back of my truck, and, sure enough, there it is! It is too small to bother with, in my opinion, and there does seem to be some risk of damaging the paint in the process. So, while I hated the stick-on "FX4" badges and blasted them with a hairdryer, the "eco-boost badge," I think that I will just leave well enough alone....

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, when you guys started talking about taking the "eco-boost badge" off, I did not know what it was! I had to go look at the back of my truck, and, sure enough, there it is! It is too small to bother with, in my opinion, and there does seem to be some risk of damaging the paint in the process. So, while I hated the stick-on "FX4" badges and blasted them with a hairdryer, the "eco-boost badge," I think that I will just leave well enough alone....
I'm with you Ranger Marc, that little ecoboost badge doesn't bother me at all but that crooked FX4 decal had to go

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
The ecoboost badge has a cool retro factor to me. teal reminds me of the early thunderbirds. Stays.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It's as easy to remove as the FX4 vinyl...Use the hair dryer to warm it up and soften the sticky; use some fishing nylon line and work it back (like flossing) and forth behind the badge; use acetone or alcohol to remove the pieces of glue material remaining; clean surface when done.

Changing the badge to match your color scheming always nice too.
IMG_1233.JPG

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just pulled off the 4x4 stickers off mine. Looks 1000x better.

I also removed the ecoboost badge, maybe people will think its a 2021 ? ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I ended up doing this. I think I like the subtle look better with the Rapid Red. However, I really like the O.E.M. FX4 on the white trucks.

20200901_162207.jpg
That's what I'm planning on doing to my lightning blue truck. Really don't like the OEM red sticker. Stands out too much, I also go for the more subtle look. Looks good on the red! Now I really want to get it done.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
And here I have been thinking about adding the OEM FX2 vinyls to mine.. ?
Sponsored