First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Yes, unfortunately, mostly based on the F150 experience by Stage3. quangdog's experience was more telling but again, all in a off-road context. As a DD on paved roads (pot holes not withstanding) I would still like a modicum of comfort vs teeth rattling go kart stiffness. I fear the Belstein 5100s I am installing may be going in the wrong direction for me.... just may have to keep the FX4s.
I have the Ford Performance Fox 2.0 and I would certainly not call it " teeth rattling " it's firm and plush at the same time, never floaty but certainly compliant. I REALLY like the ride on the road. I am running 265/70/18 Falkens AT3 on my stock black package wheels so I get a little more give with the larger tires. The wife and I just got back from a day trip out in Nevada for some rock hounding, aired down to 24ish and it just " smooths " its way down forest service dirt roads and an impressive clip with no fuss and complete confidence in controllability. With the stock FX4 stuff it would have been all over the place and NOT confidence inspiring.

The guys on here running the 5100s seem to have the same thoughts every time I read one of their reports. There is no possible way they could be worse than the FX4 stuff.
Sponsored

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
I have the exact same suspension and tire setup as Pinepig. Put it on last weekend. The on road manners of the truck are a night and day difference. Much better overall ride on the road. I don't find it harsh at all. Glad I got them.

Hopefully the 5100s will be just as good as the FP Fox setup for you.