Front license plate bracket/mounting etc

Evan Donovan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat sport fx4
I dont really want to drill into the bumper,are there any alternatives that others have went with?
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The factory front plate bracket does not require any holes to be drilled. It will hook over the top of the bumper then the bottom is secured by 2 existing screws in the lower grill opening

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
It took my dealership like 2 days to get it, too. Should give it to you free of charge.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It took my dealership like 2 days to get it, too. Should give it to you free of charge.
Hi Ray,

Your Ranger should have come from the factory with a front plate mount...Dealer should have not charged you a thing....Get your money back if you paid for the install...should have been free.

Hope you are able to recover your money, but should be compensated for your time lost if the dealer kept the vehicle. If I had known, I would have sent you my front plate hardware as Arizona does not require a front plate.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Hi Ray,

Your Ranger should have come from the factory with a front plate mount...Dealer should have not charged you a thing....Get your money back if you paid for the install...should have been free.

Hope you are able to recover your money, but should be compensated for your time lost if the dealer kept the vehicle. If I had known, I would have sent you my front plate hardware as Arizona does not require a front plate.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sorry for the confusion, I was letting Evan know that his dealership should give him is for free. My dealership did not charge for the plate bracket.

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman checked the box for the free front plate bracket. Kentucky dosen't require a front plate but I can put my wife's college plate or anything if I decide to. It does NOT require drilling holes.

Trevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
My salesman checked the box for the free front plate bracket. Kentucky dosen't require a front plate but I can put my wife's college plate or anything if I decide to. It does NOT require drilling holes.
Does anyone have a part number for the bracket?

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ya sure its not in your truck? Mine was jammed under the front seat. I figured it would be under the rear seat. Just a thought...
Plus, just checked my window sticker. Says last line under included equip, bottom left side. Front License Plate Bracket No Charge...

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The factory front plate bracket does not require any holes to be drilled. It will hook over the top of the bumper then the bottom is secured by 2 existing screws in the lower grill opening
Hmmm? :inspect: Must be a different design than ours. Ours hooks over the top, but it has 2 plastic pieces that engage into existing slots in the bumper to secure the lower section.

There are no screws whatsoever that hold the bracket to the truck..

Plate Front.JPG

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm? :inspect: Must be a different design than ours. Ours hooks over the top, but it has 2 plastic pieces that engage into existing slots in the bumper to secure the lower section.

There are no screws whatsoever that hold the bracket to the truck..

Plate Front.JPG
Yeah my front plate bracket was a little bulkier than yours

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yeah my front plate bracket was a little bulkier than yours
Nope.. You're right. I was going from memory. There are indeed screws holding the bottom of the bracket.

My apologies to you Sir.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Turbomachinery Engineer
Hi Ray,

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Ray,

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Ray,

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

I did not receive a front plate bracket or the bolts, as it's not needed here in PA. I did install the Putco Lower Grille insert which needs the bolts. Does anyone know the bolt+washer specification? I think it may be "HB7" in the exploded assembly on Ford's site.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/b...d-parts-front/bracket-license-plate-9745987-1

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason the bolts on my back license won't tighten. Any help?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Someone probably stripped out the holes from over tightening. You could get bigger diameter screws or maybe use nuts and bolts

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Many,

Have the dealer replace the plastic inserts.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored