Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I am trying to decide and justify to myself if I should go Ford Performance Parts kit, BDS kit with shocks, or the Eibach coilover kit but not use a rear block so that the truck sits level.

Anyway with experience, and a recommendation apperciated but please include why, what makes it great, or the "best bang" value in your opinion.

Thanks

I have a 2.5" faction fab from Stage 3 Motorsports. Only 72 bucks and very easy to install.

IMG_6595.PNG

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5" faction fab from Stage 3 Motorsports. Only 72 bucks and very easy to install.

IMG_6595.PNG
It looks nice, but your comparing apples to oranges. AKA a spacer kit vs an offroad designed new coilovers/springs and shocks kit.

Spacers reusing the existing coilovers/springs setup which in the trucks I rode in exaggerated the wallowy mushy ride, but for looks well it looks and sits just as good as the 10x-15x as much money kits.

So as discussed depending on your driving style, preferred ride quality, and your needs/usage ( parking lot pimpin, mall crawling, bombing down BLM or Farm Roads, Trail Driving, or etc. ) those kits may or may not work great!

I still feel that the best all around performance gain and lift for the money if factory warranty issues are not an issue then the Eibach shocks kit setup is the way to go. If you need the slightly stiffer springs for a heavier steel bumper or winch then the Eibach Coilover kit is the way. If you are concerned about warranty or will be rough on your truck then the FPP/Fox kit so far has been amazing.

My neighbor, my S.O. and a few others that have driven my truck all comment on how planted and solid it feels on the road and they are shocked when they hear its on a lift.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It looks nice, but your comparing apples to oranges. AKA a spacer kit vs an offroad designed new coilovers/springs and shocks kit.

Spacers reusing the existing coilovers/springs setup which in the trucks I rode in exaggerated the wallowy mushy ride, but for looks well it looks and sits just as good as the 10x-15x as much money kits.

So as discussed depending on your driving style, preferred ride quality, and your needs/usage ( parking lot pimpin, mall crawling, bombing down BLM or Farm Roads, Trail Driving, or etc. ) those kits may or may not work great!

I still feel that the best all around performance gain and lift for the money if factory warranty issues are not an issue then the Eibach shocks kit setup is the way to go. If you need the slightly stiffer springs for a heavier steel bumper or winch then the Eibach Coilover kit is the way. If you are concerned about warranty or will be rough on your truck then the FPP/Fox kit so far has been amazing.

My neighbor, my S.O. and a few others that have driven my truck all comment on how planted and solid it feels on the road and they are shocked when they hear its on a lift.
I have to agree with you. One of my friends rode in my truck before and after I put my Old Man EMU lift kit on and he noticed the difference almost immediately. Im sure the Fox kit is nice and would suit most people here that just want to level out thier truck.

thaigh32

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase

I use my truck for hauling my center consul boat and motorcycles. If i were to off-road and beat the heck out of my truck i'd definitely go with fox coil over kit. The leveling kit did add a lot of sway with the stock wheels and tires on. However when i put the 20x9's with the 285's on the truck it did stiffen the front end up a lot and the overall top heaviness in the truck. It feels more like a sports car now. I have ZERO complaints with this set up and would 10/10 recommend to anyone not looking to off road.

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with you. One of my friends rode in my truck before and after I put my Old Man EMU lift kit on and he noticed the difference almost immediately. Im sure the Fox kit is nice and would suit most people here that just want to level out thier truck.
I heavily considered the Old Man Emu kit as well and if I was doing a more overland style build as oppose to the more prerunnery farm road gravel trail truck I would have went with the Old Man kit, I especially love their rear leaf spring packs and if I end up getting a bed based fold out tent I may still get their spring packs.

Also for a stage 1 kit the Fox kit handles higher speed trail driving well. I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE I WAS DOING 70 down a Forest Service trail til I looked at my dash to see my compass..... Oops......

I use my truck for hauling my center consul boat and motorcycles. If i were to off-road and beat the heck out of my truck i'd definitely go with fox coil over kit. The leveling kit did add a lot of sway with the stock wheels and tires on. However when i put the 20x9's with the 285's on the truck stiffened up a lot and feels more like a sports car now. I have ZERO complaints with this set up and would 10/10 recommend to anyone not looking to off road.
I appreciate you make it clear that it works well for people not looking to offroad, as that was exactly what we where trying to convey in this thread if for the $$$ their are basically 2 options of lift. One for looks and daily driving on mostly pavement and then those that will be driving offroad almost as much as on pavement.

Where I live in the midwest and the fact my S.O. insists on always taking the road least travelled my truck sees almost as much time on trails and minimally maintained county roads as it does highway blacktop.

BTW love those rims, what make are they?

thaigh32

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase
I heavily considered the Old Man Emu kit as well and if I was doing a more overland style build as oppose to the more VIP

I appreciate you make it clear that it works well for people not looking to offroad, as that was exactly what we where trying to convey in this thread if for the $$$ their are basically 2 options of lift. One for looks and daily driving on mostly pavement and then those that will be driving offroad almost as much as on pavement.

Where I live in the midwest and the fact my S.O. insists on always taking the road least travelled my truck sees almost as much time on trails and minimally maintained county roads as it does highway blacktop.

Not a problem. I see you're from Ohio. I grew up in northern Michigan and if I was still up there I would have gone with a FX4 & off-road package. Being in south Georgia there's no need for it especially because I don't off road my tuck. Got other toys to abuse lol. BTW they are XD820 Grenades and thank you I appreciate it!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I heavily considered the Old Man Emu kit as well and if I was doing a more overland style build as oppose to the more VIP

I can tell those are the XD wheels. In my opinion I wouldnt bother with them. Since you do alot of the beaten path roads I wouldn't go more that a 17 inch wheel to begin with. I would recommend the Rally Raid wheels by O.Z. especially sinve the offset is perfect for those of us wanting to run 33's with as little rubbing as possible.

Here is the link. https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/all-terrain/rally-raid

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell those are the XD wheels. In my opinion I wouldnt bother with them. Since you do alot of the beaten path roads I wouldn't go more that a 17 inch wheel to begin with. I would recommend the Rally Raid wheels by O.Z. especially sinve the offset is perfect for those of us wanting to run 33's with as little rubbing as possible.

Here is the link. https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/all-terrain/rally-raid

I apperciate it, honestly Im considering keeping my stock 17s and just putting 1.5inch billet spacers in.

Not a problem. I see you're from Ohio. I grew up in northern Michigan and if I was still up there I would have gone with a FX4 & off-road package. Being in south Georgia there's no need for it especially because I don't off road my tuck. Got other toys to abuse lol. BTW they are XD820 Grenades and thank you I appreciate it!
Actually Im from Eastern Nebraska but go west to CO, Western Nebraska and Wyoming as well as Southern Utah alot.... and out there once you get off the highway its mostly wagon trail BLM roads and if your lucky gravel county roads.

thaigh32

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase
I apperciate it, honestly Im considering keeping my stock 17s and just putting 1.5inch billet spacers in.

Actually Im from Eastern Nebraska but go west to CO, Western Nebraska and Wyoming as well as Southern Utah alot.... and out there once you get off the highway its mostly wagon trail BLM roads and if your lucky gravel county roads.
I've spent time up in the rocky's in Colorado. I understand that.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

To each thier own, just be aware that if you put on the 1.5 spacer and run 33's you will have to remove stuff from the front fender wells. Stage 3 was kind enough to include a video about that.

Mike leggiero

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Total was $1083.26 at Big O tires in Middletown Ky. That includes 121.00 for road hazard coverage and tax. I think the quoted price each was about $201.00 Which was consistent with Tire racks online price at the time. While I do like them, I will caution that they are a touch slippery on wet pavement. Sport mode and a heavy right foot might be a contributing factor. :confused:
I have a set of bfg in my garage 275 65 18 they stink in the rain . If you see a black ranger in middle town ky say hi that me

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
To each thier own, just be aware that if you put on the 1.5 spacer and run 33's you will have to remove stuff from the front fender wells. Stage 3 was kind enough to include a video about that.
I installed a 3 inch kit and my 265/70r18 are rubbing the plastic at some points an im wondering if I should remove them but I noticed it the bars are cut off and wanted to know if they won’t cause any issues as I don’t want to cut them off
Sponsored