Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
why run eibach with a spacer? you can already get 3" lift with the stock springs on their shocks. Also if you put a strut spacer on top of the eibach shocks, with their longer extended length I have a feeling you're gonna risk breaking a CV at full extension. and more than 3" lift on the front of a ranger you're gonna need to start looking at control arm relocation/ diff drop, etc...

if you have a shop you can take the springs/shocks to, that's the way to do it. the crappy hand spring compressor tools you can get at any store are a pain to use, and can also be kind of dangers if you don't get them on just right.

If you run the Eibach kit as referenced above you should be able to run the stock spring mount, the kit provided springs and shocks/strut cartridge and have about a 3.0in front lift. I believe they are bottom perch adjustable coilovers as well. ( but there is no need to ever change them for the vast majority of people's needs on and offroad. )

Besides the lift they are suppose to take the wallowy floaty feeling out of the front end and tighten up the truck as well. THIS IS ONLY WHAT I'VE READ/HEARD ON THE EIBACH KIT.

Now this kit takes a while longer to install and requires a spring compressor since you need to reuse the factory upper strut mount from your own truck. Makes each side a bit more of a hassle then a 8ish nut a side job literally ( not including alignment ).

Now my Fox Ford Performance Parts kit comes tomorrow and hopefully can go on within the next few days and by the end of next week at the latest. Then comes the hunt for tires ATM Im thinking 265/65/17 BFG AT K02s and the wheels already on my truck with a 1in spacer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
That shock does not provide 3ins of lift, it allows you to run up to a 3in lift over factory, but without lifted coilovers/springs you will not actually have a lift just be able to lift your truck without needing to change that shock.

Stage 3 has the Eibach kit i referenced about that includes 2in lift coil overs and the shocks for like $600 which is a good deal if you have a spring compressor and dont care about using factory ford parts.

KATIEKINZ

LOL okay...

the shock I linked literally has different settings for you to set the spring at so you can change the ride height using the factory springs. I have a pair sitting in my garage right now. There's also multiple threads on this forum about it already.

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
LOL okay...

the shock I linked literally has different settings for you to set the spring at so you can change the ride height using the factory springs. I have a pair sitting in my garage right now. There's also multiple threads on this forum about it already.
You know instead of being rude you could have just as easily shown proof. Eibach does not make it very clear on their website, nor does/did any outside sales companies that I spoke with or websites I read make it clear that the shock itself functions this way.

But according to Eibach's install instructions:

Apparently yes the Eibach shocks allow you to dismantle your factory strut system and allow the option when reassembling to alter the factory by using a snap ring to relocate the spring perch to a new position. So if you are have all the tools, a spring compressor, snap ring pliers and etc and do no mind that may interfere with your factory warranty using just the Eibach shocks linked by Roadboss does provide a nice value for $$$ spent and I would think makes for a nicer ride and handling then just installing a strut tower spacer.

So I was partially incorrect in my understanding and reading comprehension of how Eibach, Stage 3, and other vendors have said the SHOCK BY ITSELF functions. My apologizes.

Screenshot_20200514-130723_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
You know instead of being rude you could have just as easily shown proof. Eibach does not make it very clear on their website, nor does/did any outside sales companies that I spoke with or websites I read make it clear that the shock itself functions this way.

But according to Eibach's install instructions:

Apparently yes the Eibach shocks allow you to dismantle your factory strut system and allow the option when reassembling to alter the factory by using a snap ring to relocate the spring perch to a new position. So if you are have all the tools, a spring compressor, snap ring pliers and etc and do no mind that may interfere with your factory warranty using just the Eibach shocks linked by Roadboss does provide a nice value for $$$ spent and I would think makes for a nicer ride and handling then just installing a strut tower spacer.

So I was partially incorrect in my understanding and reading comprehension of how Eibach, Stage 3, and other vendors have said the SHOCK BY ITSELF functions. My apologizes.
Sorry if you think I was being rude, but I had already explained how they function, with a link to the product and installation instructions, and you directly contradicted me.

but anyway, as I already said, the fox/ford performance kit you bought should overall be a better setup so you should be quite happy with it.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
The lift kit is here the lift kit is here!!!!

Stay tuned for install pics!!!

WARNING EVERYTHING IS KNOWN TO POSSIBLY CAUSE CANCER IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA!!!

20200514_092058.jpg

20200514_092115.jpg

20200514_092155.jpg

20200514_092242.jpg

20200514_092329.jpg

20200514_092429.jpg
is it on yet? is it on yet? Lets see it!

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
is it on yet? is it on yet? Lets see it!
LOL

He's not from work yet, but don't I didnt leave it just out in the middle of the living room floor for him as a hint that my impatience is growing. Hopefully it will be on soon. ( Maybe is gonna be "sick" tomorrow )

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if you think I was being rude, but I had already explained how they function, with a link to the product and installation instructions, and you directly contradicted me.

but anyway, as I already said, the fox/ford performance kit you bought should overall be a better setup so you should be quite happy with it.
No worries if happens, in the information I read that was posted without reading the install instructions they did not make it very clear that the shock alone allowed for so much flexibility. And why would they, it costs then sales of their more complete kits.

Also being blonde and well a skim reader, i misunderstood the mounting locations reusing the factory bottom spring base as being adjustable and my brain just defaulted to spanner adjustable coilovers.

So to sum it all up:

Either kit/system will get you the desired 0-3in. of lift, the Fox/FPP kit comes set at 2in from the factory.

If you don't think you will be doing anymore off road driving then occasional snow, and gravel farm roads and are ok with possible warranty issues the Eibach shocks using your existing factory components seem like a very cost effective way to go although will take more labor effort and time as you must disassemble the factory coilover/strut assembly and rebuild it around the Eibach shock. But will save over $700+ in parts alone. ( Since most of these trucks are still new and low mileage reusing those existing components really isn't a big deal )

Now as for ride quality I cannot speak as to how the 2 compare, but keep in kind you will have the factory spring and spring rate with an Eibach shock only kit which may not firm up the ride quality very much, although the shock quality and valving will be of better quality then factory.

Basically your looking at $150+/- a shock a side for the Eibach shocks. Plus whichever rears you wish so lets figure $600 ( for front and back ) plus labor.

VS.

$1250 + labor for the Fox/FPP kit.

So if the need to retain everything for Fords factory warranty isn't an issue, and your not bombing down terrible BLM roads in Utah or Wyoming then for cosmetics appearances and a mild upgrade to suspension quality the Eibach's seem like $$$'s spent for looks/performance gained is definitely the way to go. If you wish to use Eibach shocks and springs the stage3motorsports Eibach kit I linked here and above seems like an amazing value.

( https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...ck-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit-0-3-of-Leveling.html )

Otherwise you can go the more labor intensive but less costly way of just running Eibach shocks at $125ish a piece plus rears coming in at $450ish without Eibach springs.

With these as options vs. a strut spacer kit I personally see no reason at all to use a strut spacer and sacrifice ride quality merely for mostly cosmetic gain...... and I'm one who will wear 4in heels at the lake cause they are cute. :p

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
LOL

He's not from work yet, but don't I didnt leave it just out in the middle of the living room floor for him as a hint that my impatience is growing. Hopefully it will be on soon. ( Maybe is gonna be "sick" tomorrow )
I also went with the FPP kit. I had a local dealer install it for $500 including alignment and 6% sales tax. That way there should be no question about warranty. It has been a week now and I am very happy with it. Best of luck with yours! :like:

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I also went with the FPP kit. I had a local dealer install it for $500 including alignment and 6% sales tax. That way there should be no question about warranty. It has been a week now and I am very happy with it. Best of luck with yours! :like:
A local dealer is at $466.52 for install and alignment out the door, but my S.O.'s BFF is ASE certified so they will be doing it and per the warranty sheet with the kit I should still be covered by my factory warranty.

My only major issue is will the current tires be ok for a few weeks or is it going to feel very floaty and look weird until I get some additional money for some BFG KO2s

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
A local dealer is at $466.52 for install and alignment out the door, but my S.O.'s BFF is ASE certified so they will be doing it and per the warranty sheet with the kit I should still be covered by my factory warranty.

My only major issue is will the current tires be ok for a few weeks or is it going to feel very floaty and look weird until I get some additional money for some BFG KO2s
When my Ranger is finally built, my plan was the same. Get the Fox shocks installed and keep the factory tires on until I decide how I feel about them. That's even more of a reason I want to see pictures! You are doing the same thing!

Sick day! Sick Day!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

They left mine set at stock height setting, It is actually just a bit under 2", but I am very happy with it. These are 265/70R17 on stock rims.

It is good to have an ASE certified friend. Sounds like a nice steak dinner might be in order. :)

level (10).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
They left mine set at stock height setting, It is actually just a bit under 2", but I am very happy with it. These are 267/70R17 on stock rims.

It is good to have an ASE certified friend. Sounds like a nice steak dinner might be in order. :)

level (10).jpg

Awesome thats exactly the stance I am looking for, get rid of that front end sag and make it look mostly level. Are those the AT KO2s?

The one thing that shocked me was the kit did not appear to come with adjustment wrench.

And speaking of steak would these work?

20200510_180911.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thats exactly the stance I am looking for, get rid of that front end sag and make it look mostly level. Are those the AT KO2s?

The one thing that shocked me was the kit did not appear to come with adjustment wrench.

And speaking of steak would these work?

20200510_180911.jpg
Oh yea those will work!

IMG_20190418_080917.jpg
I agree on the adjustment tool. Dealers service manager called me and asked if the kit came with one. We decided to leave them set as they came. And as I said I am happy with it. It lifted the front about 1-3/4.

OP
OP

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yea those will work!

IMG_20190418_080917.jpg
I agree on the adjustment tool. Dealers service manager called me and asked if the kit came with one. We decided to leave them set as they came. And as I said I am happy with it. It lifted the front about 1-3/4.
Those are the tires I want I think with a 1 or 1.5 inch spacer to push out the factory wheels they will GREAT, where did you get them and what did they run ya piece?
Sponsored