jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I was just in Forscan last night changing other things and noticed I also have the 422 code, Never saw it the last time I was in there...

I had 200 miles on the truck when I did my tires and lift and Forscan changes, Now at 2,400ish miles, No problems No engine light and my MPH is correct... I wouldn't worry about the code
Sponsored

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Just changed mine - disabled auto s/s and adjusted the tire size - tested up to around 60mph and it was matching my phone gps app so all looks good to me...

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I gave it a whirl last night,it looks like the speedo is now correct (at least at 40mph, I'll take the freeway home and do some 70mph testing). However, I did get the "U0422 - Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module" DTC, no check engine light. I also tried the PCM relearn, but no joy.

Stock Value
726-12-01 xxxx 0938 xxxx

Changed to (285/70/17)
726-12-01 xxxx 09DC xxxx

Has anyone tried dialing back the tire size, and messing with the axle ratio instead? I've seen some of the F-150 guys have success with that.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I gave it a whirl last night,it looks like the speedo is now correct (at least at 40mph, I'll take the freeway home and do some 70mph testing). However, I did get the "U0422 - Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module" DTC, no check engine light. I also tried the PCM relearn, but no joy.

Stock Value
726-12-01 xxxx 0938 xxxx

Changed to (285/70/17)
726-12-01 xxxx 09DC xxxx

Has anyone tried dialing back the tire size, and messing with the axle ratio instead? I've seen some of the F-150 guys have success with that.
I feel better knowing others have had the same experience I did with my brother's truck. Kind of weird it throws that code, but doesn't seem to affect anything.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Which tire size and what value did you change to?
I was going to ask the same thing - wondering if certain tire sizes throw the 422 code and others are acceptable.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds to me that your computer is just recording that something was changed. And you did. :shock:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
So after reading so much into this and then getting my 265/70R17 tires put on yesterday... I’m not even going to bother adjusting the speedometer. I put my phone in my cup holder on the way home with my speedometer app open and all through town and on the highway home my truck’s speed on the cluster matched almost exactly what my phone was showing.

I know from the factory on most vehicles the speedometer reads slightly high, so it looks like that difference matches the tire size difference nearly perfectly. So as my new tires wear it’ll be closer and closer to the stock size OD so that’s good enough to me!

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
So after reading so much into this and then getting my 265/70R17 tires put on yesterday... I’m not even going to bother adjusting the speedometer. I put my phone in my cup holder on the way home with my speedometer app open and all through town and on the highway home my truck’s speed on the cluster matched almost exactly what my phone was showing.

I know from the factory on most vehicles the speedometer reads slightly high, so it looks like that difference matches the tire size difference nearly perfectly. So as my new tires wear it’ll be closer and closer to the stock size OD so that’s good enough to me!
LOL.. I should have tried that first... I just assumed it would be off but since I had the stock 255s on I was probably reading even higher. I did the change anyway so either that took or it didn't matter... good test!

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL

Interesting. I have always been under the impression that you can change your tire diameter up to 3% without it negatively affecting anything and/or requiring a recalibration. Your change is 3.3% so maybe it is close enough? Then again I don't know if what I was led to believe is correct or not either.

Did you also try it with cruise control on? I don't have my truck yet but I assume it is like our Edge in that you set it by a digital speed number. If that set number doesn't match the truck's speed that would be an issue for me.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
So to everyone that mentions that you get a code when you change the setting. Where does the code show up? Does it cause a CEL? Does it re occur at every start up? Is it always there? Do you need to have your programmer attached to see it? If you change the setting back to factory does the code go away?
I would like to change mine but I don't want to see any messages on normal operation. Thanks.
Sponsored