Ford Ranger Receives KBB's 5-Year Cost to Own Award (Most Affordable Truck in Class)

Viscerol

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Mortician
“Without breaking the bank”
Yeah right! When a “mid-size” pickup stickers for 46k...
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I treat the tailgate damper like the guy who walks away from explosions without looking back.

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
I call b/s on this . I have owned 3 2020 and all 3 had high dulion of gas in the oil and no fixes from ford hence 3 trucks . I see a big expensive recall for ford aka class action on the ranger 2.3 .

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I call b/s on this . I have owned 3 2020 and all 3 had high dulion of gas in the oil and no fixes from ford hence 3 trucks . I see a big expensive recall for ford aka class action on the ranger 2.3 .
Might be directly related to your driving habits. No I'm not blaming you, but that just seems odd that your 3 for 3?

As to a class action lawsuit... do you have first hand knowledge, or have you read any accounts, of any engine failures directly related to fuel dilution on a 2019+ Ranger? There's a bunch of folks worried about it. And I would be too if my truck had the issue, but thus far, it's been just that, a lot of worrying.

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
Might be directly related to your driving habits. No I'm not blaming you, but that just seems odd that your 3 for 3?

As to a class action lawsuit... do you have first hand knowledge, or have you read any accounts, of any engine failures directly related to fuel dilution on a 2019+ Ranger? There's a bunch of folks worried about it. And I would be too if my truck had the issue, but thus far, it's been just that, a lot of worrying.
Driving habits are mostly 55mph hwy use . Not much start and stop as in a rual area . The 1st truck had 3400 miles and oil was way past the full mark past the curl in the stick .truck also had rust under it on the frame and cross members . Southern driven so no salt . Was built in 2/20 maybe it saw salt on transport. 2nd truck had 1500 miles and same deal with oil & gas no rust truck was built 6/2020 . 3rd truck 600 miles heavy gas smell in oil pvc pipe smelled just like a gas can . Built 10/2020 . As fare as failure most people that are not on here knowing probably don't even know . Dont change or check oil .I only found out due to forum from looking to see who had rust . My uncle has a 2020 and his too has high levels of gas he is up north .He is a town driver stop and go and uses the auto stop start . So driving habits are on both sides of spectrum along with climate. He is under the theory ford will fix it . Good luck with that . Just like Feista & Focus transmissions . I was a true blue blooded ford owner . Many of fords in my life . 1987 5.0 notch 91 gt 91 ranger 92 ranger 2005 ranger 2008 focus 2014 Fiesta auto bad trans 2014 f250 2016 escape 2015 2.3 mustang aka no gas in the oil 2015 fusion then came along 2020 Rangers x3

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Driving habits are mostly 55mph hwy use . Not much start and stop as in a rual area . The 1st truck had 3400 miles and oil was way past the full mark past the curl in the stick .truck also had rust under it on the frame and cross members . Southern driven so no salt . Was built in 2/20 maybe it saw salt on transport. 2nd truck had 1500 miles and same deal with oil & gas no rust truck was built 6/2020 . 3rd truck 600 miles heavy gas smell in oil pvc pipe smelled just like a gas can . Built 10/2020 . As fare as failure most people that are not on here knowing probably don't even know . Dont change or check oil .I only found out due to forum from looking to see who had rust . My uncle has a 2020 and his too has high levels of gas he is up north .He is a town driver stop and go and uses the auto stop start . So driving habits are on both sides of spectrum along with climate. He is under the theory ford will fix it . Good luck with that . Just like Feista & Focus transmissions . I was a true blue blooded ford owner . Many of fords in my life . 1987 5.0 notch 91 gt 91 ranger 92 ranger 2005 ranger 2008 focus 2014 Fiesta auto bad trans 2014 f250 2016 escape 2015 2.3 mustang aka no gas in the oil 2015 fusion then came along 2020 Rangers x3
So were you trading them in and buying another in hopes the issue wouldn't happen on the next one?

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
No problems whatsoever here regarding rust or dilution....10/2020 scab date and 5200 miles. Equal city and highway, avg. 25 +/- mpg. Could not be happier. 2 others on our block, 2019 and 2021, both city drivers, no problems. Maybe DMC has other problems, not the truck.

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
So were you trading them in and buying another in hopes the issue wouldn't happen on the next one?
The dealer keep taking them back. The 1st one when I took it back not only oil gas but the rust . So they did a vin swap with the bank aka ford credit . 2nd one they took back and refinance with a credit union lower payment and apr . The 3rd I said screw this and went to toyota same credit union and they gave me 3k over msrp because it's a hot market they matched carvana . I was hoping ford found a cause and some posts seemed that later built eng was a non problem.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The dealer keep taking them back. The 1st one when I took it back not only oil gas but the rust . So they did a vin swap with the bank aka ford credit . 2nd one they took back and refinance with a credit union lower payment and apr . The 3rd I said screw this and went to toyota same credit union and they gave me 3k over msrp because it's a hot market they matched carvana . I was hoping ford found a cause and some posts seemed that later built eng was a non problem.

Wow, quite an adventure. Kudo's to you for giving Ford a chance to make it right. So are you driving a Tacoma now?

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
Wow, quite an adventure. Kudo's to you for giving Ford a chance to make it right. So are you driving a Tacoma now?
Yes . Liked ranger better for comfort and power . Like the adaptive cruise on the tacoma tho .

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yes . Liked ranger better for comfort and power . Like the adaptive cruise on the tacoma tho .
We've owned Tacoma's since '97, trouble free trucks. Our last one was a '02. The typically bad "sittin' on the floor seating, the lack of availability of a manual transmission, and the transformers / go-bot styling is what made us look to the competition.

Happy Trails!
Sponsored

Reactions: Dmc