Ford Protect ESP at $25 over Dealer Cost from Granger Ford!- PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE!!!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
So this will show up in the Ford Pass App ?
After a few days it shows up under your warranty.
But for reasons I am unsure of, (clarification needed) is that the purchase price will show up as Air Conditioning & Heating service performed at Granger. I was told that this will not affect future warranty claims.
Sponsored

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
You want to try to 'break even' on the time and mileage of the ESP. No use getting an 8yr, 150K warranty if you drive 30K per year, as you will max out milage in 5years. On the same note, if you drive only 5K year, at the end of the warranty you would be at only 40k miles.
Just figure your average milage per year. So, for you, I'm guessing about 12K per year. The maximum length is 8yrs. so 8 x 12.000 is 96,000. I wouldn't go for more than 100K for 8yrs if your driving stays the same.
In my case, it's 15k per year, so I got 8yr 125 miles Ford protect Premium.
But act fast, as I think rates significantly increase if you are beyond the 36K factory warranty.
I drive around 9,333 miles per year so I guess I could probably just call it 10,000 per year.

the truck had 5,000 miles on it when I bought it in January of 2019

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
I inquired also about the tire care coverage but they replied that your not offering that yet. Is it coming soon?
Yes, we can sure do that. I'll visit with Brooke on it to make sure we're on the same page and she gets familiar with it.

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Noticed in small print that the factory LED lights are NOT covered, even in the premium plan, unless the "Lighting Option" was purchased?? That's another "add-on" for the coverage of a major component. :oops::inspect::surprised:
Yes, that is correct. It's an itemized option. Depending on the length of coverage usually under a $100.

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Pretty awesome that Ford Points can be used as well. Will this be an ongoing offer?

Mine's on order and I hope to have it by the end of May or maybe June, and I'm interested in an 8 year plan (I tend to keep cars a long time, like my '72 FJ40!).

Thanks!
Yes, as long as we have the volume to justify it. So tell your friends. ?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Informative thread.

My 3/36 is up in a little over a month. Trouble free so far. Replaced the crap stock shocks along with the requisite 4 wheel alignment performed. Should have been covered under warranty but I didn't hold my breath. $985 out of my pocket but Lariat drives and feels transformed. I'm still debating but leaning against an extended warranty despite the complexity of my Lariat. Monthly cleanup performed yesterday.

IMG_1482.JPG

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Received my ESP quote from Grainger- I may very well spring for this. I'm confident in Ranger but I getting up in age and I don't want Ranger sold off because of 'potential repair costs'. May do the same with my Chrysler if I can get a similar deal. Waiting for the ESP quote directly from Ford. Last time I inquired, it was more than double the quote from Grainger.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Received my ESP quote from Grainger- I may very well spring for this. I'm confident in Ranger but I getting up in age and I don't want Ranger sold off because of 'potential repair costs'. May do the same with my Chrysler if I can get a similar deal. Waiting for the ESP quote directly from Ford. Last time I inquired, it was more than double the quote from Grainger.
Same here, not only am I getting too old to lay on a piece of cardboard on the ground, but all the electronics sure make car maintenance complex! Gone are the days of pulling the distributor cap off and scrapping the scale off the points with a pocket knife!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Same here, not only am I getting too old to lay on a piece of cardboard on the ground, but all the electronics sure make car maintenance complex! Gone are the days of pulling the distributor cap off and scrapping the scale off the points with a pocket knife!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Why no one copied GM's Points/capacitor design I can't fathom. Setting dwell with a hex key - who would have thought....I still have a partial tube of 'points lube - put a dab behind the bushing/block....

s-l300.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Why no one copied GM's Points/capacitor design I can't fathom. Setting dwell with a hex key - who would have thought....I still have a partial tube of 'points lube - put a dab behind the bushing/block....

s-l300.jpeg
Remember adjusting timing by loosening and rotating the distributor while engine's running and the timing light in the other hand aimed at the hole in the flywheel cover!

Now all I do is yell at the kids to get off my lawn! =D

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Remember adjusting timing by loosening and rotating the distributor while engine's running and the timing light in the other hand aimed at the hole in the flywheel cover!

Now all I do is yell at the kids to get off my lawn! =D
My shop and home are full of memorabilia. Ran across a Honda specific feeler guage for screw tappets. One side for intake and other side for exhaust. Honda went to 'shim over bucket' when Kawasaki went to 'shim under bucket' - I was horrified! With Kawasaki's setup the cams had to come out. Then it became apparent that either rarely or never required adjustment - progress.

motion_pro_tappet_feeler_guage_08_0052__38677.1369180125.750.750.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
My shop and home are full of memorabilia. Ran across a Honda specific feeler guage for screw tappets. One side for intake and other side for exhaust. Honda went to 'shim over bucket' when Kawasaki went to 'shim under bucket' - I was horrified! With Kawasaki's setup the cams had to come out. Then it became apparent that either rarely or never required adjustment - progress.

motion_pro_tappet_feeler_guage_08_0052__38677.1369180125.750.750.jpeg
Holy crap, I forgot all about doing valves like that! Thanks for the instant flashback and warm memory.
Sponsored