Ford Dealer Sued Over Alleged $40,000 Super Duty Markup

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
i dont wanna go political or get on my lil soap box but who is gonna bail the tax payers out... we have been drained by the government. I guess thats the plan. Our money goes to stuff we never even heard of or care about- mean while we get hosed with every transaction basically as a repercussion of politicians. rant done. im stepping off the box.
You, will bail out the tax payers.
Good luck.
Sponsored

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
That's disgusting if true. Definitely sounds like a shady dealer, although it seems a little odd that they left WITHOUT paperwork in hand.

I'll be honest....I got suckered with a VSC instead of a Ford warranty when I bought my truck...and I did sign the paper even without noticing "Vehicle Service Contract" at the top. We were quick signing and it's 100% my fault, however, it was still extremely shady on the dealer's behalf. The guy told me it was the same thing, only cheaper (which was a lie, a VSC is NOT the same as a Ford warranty), so I signed and kept moving. Fortunately, when I had some warranty issues and complained via survey to Ford (thank goodness for the survey), the Ford customer service rep told me I had no extended warranty on file....so I dug the paperwork out, realized I signed a VSC agreement, and then I had to cancel the VSC. Ford was then kind enough to give me a genuine extended Ford warranty for my troubles/hassles.

And I know better....I know dealer tricks and I'm an insurance analyst/auditor. I review contracts, financials and legal applications on a daily basis. I just f'd up in a hurry to get out with my vehicle. Luckily, the VSC could be cancelled...and I got my money back.

Last edited:

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
This has nothing to do with supply and demand. The dealer changed the numbers and forged their signatures. Try reading the articles first. :facepalm:
Stir, stir... "allegedly".....pot stirred.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
See if Ford steps in and takes action against the dealership. Farley has been talking tough against dealers marking up. Now is his chance to act and let other dealerships know it won't be tolerated.
Are these two Farleys related?
farleys.jpg

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Are these two Farleys related?
farleys.jpg
1678914421725.png

The family resemble is real apparently (possibly).
Always remember that Ford CEO Jim Farley and Chris Farley are first cousins and that's enough DD and conviction to go in on $F

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
This has nothing to do with supply and demand. The dealer changed the numbers and forged their signatures. Try reading the articles first. :facepalm:
Geez Dave, if you tell me to read an article one more time, you’re gonna have to start claiming me on your taxes.

Sure, if any company is forging signatures it’s called fraud, and is illegal. I, of course, was referring to the bitching about mark-ups for popular vehicles.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I paid $75,000 for my first house o_O

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
hmm i remember the one on the left saying he lived in a van down by the river... maybe it was a ford van and the two are related. they have similar faces ones just slim.
Sponsored