First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I saw this in the news last week and now again here. Something doesn't sound right because not to many people sign contracts without looking it over first. Especially a large purchase like a Super Duty. If this is true and the dealer forged their signatures and raised their rates they should be shut down. Enough is enough with all of these slimy dealers and the games they've been playing these past few years.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/ford-dealer-sued-over-alleged-40000-super-duty-markup/

Gallardo and his wife decided to purchase the Ford Super Duty from the dealership, and as is typically always the case, signed the paperwork required to do so. However, strangely enough, the dealership reportedly didn’t give them copies of that paperwork, at least until several days later. Upon reviewing those documents, Gallardo made a handful of shocking discoveries.

For starters, the sales price listed for the truck was a whopping $117,000 – which is $43,000 more than the $74,000 that Gallardo and his wife initially agreed to pay. Making matters worse, the listed annual percentage rate (APR) on their loan was much higher as well, and the dealer added on a host of extras that led to that substantial price increase, such as GAP insurance, that the Gallardos claim they didn’t agree to purchase, while both he and his wife’s signature were apparently forged on those documents.

As one might imagine, Gallardo immediately contacted the dealer, which merely agreed to buy the truck back from him, a development that understandably didn’t settle well with him. “All that time would’ve just been wasted,” he said. “All that time invested into looking for a vehicle, going to the dealership, taking time off work; so, what they were offering wasn’t a real solution for both parties involved. (It) left us no choice but to seek legal counsel.”
Sponsored

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
See if Ford steps in and takes action against the dealership. Farley has been talking tough against dealers marking up. Now is his chance to act and let other dealerships know it won't be tolerated.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
See if Ford steps in and takes action against the dealership. Farley has been talking tough against dealers marking up. Now is his chance to act and let other dealerships know it won't be tolerated.
Seeing as I saw this last week and still nothing's been done I wouldn't hold my breath. Farley said this last year and dealers are still marking up vehicles with high ADM's. It's all smoke and mirrors just like the banking mess.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Seeing as I saw this last week and still nothing's been done I wouldn't hold my breath. Farley said this last year and dealers are still marking up vehicles with high ADM's. It's all smoke and mirrors just like the banking mess.
Exactly, just corporate tough talk to make the customer feel better. In the end not much will change.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford sure is losing ground in my book. I was going to say lately but then I remembered the bronco fiasco.
Jeff, every time I start to get excited about the Ranger Raptor a light goes off and reminds me of the Bronco fiasco. At least this time I'm not at a dealer with 1200 orders and stuck in the middle them.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff, every time I start to get excited about the Ranger Raptor a light goes off and reminds me of the Bronco fiasco. At least this time I'm not at a dealer with 1200 orders and stuck in the middle them.
Yup yup. But then comes along ford’s dependability problem via JD Powell also. I’m good for quite a while hopefully but that new Chevy looks pretty good. I know a guy who got 3 first edition bronco’s and sold two to pay for one. How is that fair. I know how he did it but so many are still waiting.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Now everyone buys a Ford whether or not they buy a Ford. GOV will have biggest dealer markup.

Bailed out by the USPS which is bailed out by the US Government! Sounds eerily familiar to the banking bailouts.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thats one of the things that really disappoints me with ford. Sure i hate the 10r80 (Karen) but every brand of car or truck can have those types of issues. How the brand and dealers handle them is what makes the difference. Farley has said several things indicating he was gonna crack down on dealers pulling shenanigans and as far as I have seen - nothing but crickets.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i dont wanna go political or get on my lil soap box but who is gonna bail the tax payers out... we have been drained by the government. I guess thats the plan. Our money goes to stuff we never even heard of or care about- mean while we get hosed with every transaction basically as a repercussion of politicians. rant done. im stepping off the box.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Supply and Demand: sparking endless bitching since 1776..?
This has nothing to do with supply and demand. The dealer changed the numbers and forged their signatures. Try reading the articles first. :facepalm:
Sponsored