Ford ProCal will adjust speedometer for new tire sizes.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Is it the Ford performance tune that comes with that warranty?
It is actually quite noticeable. I posted before and after dyno charts in the dyno thread. I got 42 at the wheel horsepower and 21 at the wheel torque increases, if memory serves. As well as much flatter torque curve that peaked at a lower RPM. Shifting remained smooth and firm so I did not notice a huge difference in that.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. Thanks for the update. What made you go with FP vs Livernois? Just curious
I have both and dyno tested both. Horsepower gains are similar with the Livernois tune coming in slightly higher on the dyno. Torque gains were better with the Livernois tune as well. I did not care for the transmission shifting hard though. The Livernois towing tune was better in that regard but the FP tune outperforms that one.
As for the warranty either tune in and of itself does not void your warranty.
Livernois customer service is great. But I am currently running the FP tune for the smooth, consistent shifting.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I have both and dyno tested both. Horsepower gains are similar with the Livernois tune coming in slightly higher on the dyno. Torque gains were better with the Livernois tune as well. I did not care for the transmission shifting hard though. The Livernois towing tune was better in that regard but the FP tune outperforms that one.
As for the warranty either tune in and of itself does not void your warranty.
Livernois customer service is great. But I am currently running the FP tune for the smooth, consistent shifting.
Interesting. I remember your thread when you first got the FP tune and it seemed drivability was greatly improved but was lacking on the torque. So I was surprised when I saw your livernois dyno and the hp gain was similar but torque was better. I’m not looking to have the fastest truck or having the tires screeching from every traffic light so I think the drivability piece may be my deciding factor. Just hate the fact the FP tune is substantially more than the Livernois.

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Interesting. I remember your thread when you first got the FP tune and it seemed drivability was greatly improved but was lacking on the torque. So I was surprised when I saw your livernois dyno and the hp gain was similar but torque was better. I’m not looking to have the fastest truck or having the tires screeching from every traffic light so I think the drivability piece may be my deciding factor. Just hate the fact the FP tune is substantially more than the Livernois.
There’s a sale right now. I’m highly considering but still on the fence between livernois and Ford https://www.levittownfordparts.com/...MI3dmWwrjl7AIVYiCtBh1Ekg7KEAQYAiABEgLaKfD_BwE

OP
OP
tehschkott

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
OP
OP
tehschkott

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
@Ace Holliday that was a nice bit of detail comparing the two tunes, thanks for that.

But I needs/must point out this is not the tuning sub-forum, it's the tire sub-forum. Not that I dislike the conversation, quite the opposite really. I'm really enjoying it. But keeping things topical, I thought it great to learn about the tire size adjustment, it's been driving my OCD batty.

I'll take my future tuning comments to Tuning Chat and urge the rest to do the same.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Ace Holliday that was a nice bit of detail comparing the two tunes, thanks for that.

But I needs/must point out this is not the tuning sub-forum, it's the tire sub-forum. Not that I dislike the conversation, quite the opposite really. I'm really enjoying it. But keeping things topical, I thought it great to learn about the tire size adjustment, it's been driving my OCD batty.

I'll take my future tuning comments to Tuning Chat and urge the rest to do the same.
My apologies Scott. I did not realize what thread I was in when I answered the question. You are absolutely correct and I'll pay closer attention in the future.

OP
OP
tehschkott

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man, no sweat. I do the same thing allll the time. :) It wasn't really directed at you as much as a general statement to all.

Was not kidding, I found your detail very useful. Thanks for it.
Sponsored