First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX SuperCab
Occupation
flight instructor
There are a number of elements on the front of the vehicle intended to reduce the severity of injuries sustained by pedestrians as the result of a collision. Bumper height, hood height, and placement of certain components out of sight. Hood hinge design and placement is another element. As I understand, this contributes to why we see a lot of similar dimension and designs of front ends across various models and manufacturers.
For details of the engine covers, here is one article written on the subject.

https://www.plasticstoday.com/polyurethane-based-engine-covers-protects-pedestrians
read the article. still a little confused but maybe engine cover design makes a difference in a front wheel drive transverse engine vehicle where after impacting the bumper, grill and actual hood the pedestrian makes some form of contact with the engine. on the taller, tractor engine setup of the ranger any pedestrian relying on the actual foam engine cover to blow is already SOL.

dipstick jim
Sponsored

dokkerdam

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX SuperCab
Occupation
flight instructor
thanks
this can be argued....what you paid for was what was on the build sheet.
even if you believe you were or should be getting more.
all the footnotes, and disclaimers you can find in documentation gives Ford the leeway to make these types of changes.

this is from Ford:

1623420127141.png

this is from the 2019 Brochure, printed in Nov2018. Incidentally, it lists only 4 tie downs from that date, even though the change was mid point through the year.
this is the disclaimer at the bottom that pretty much covers it all.
1623419745500.png
thanks,
i read that as: we gyped a bunch of people, we are getting a bunch of complaints and we don't want to own up and do the right thing so...go pound sand.
your welcome,
fmc

dokkerdam

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX SuperCab
Occupation
flight instructor
i guess you can complain all you want, but in the end, if you weren't satisfied with what was delivered, you don't accept it until its rectified.
driving it off the lot after signing on the bottom line, and then finding out a few things later to complain about...you've lost the fight already.
1) that page you attached isn't in the brochure i have. maybe that is a build sheet. that is not offered to the buyer either during any negotiation or at delivery. but if that is supplied to the dealership, and all they have offered you is a brochure and a showing of a vehicle representative to the one your will order or search for, than the dealership and their sales team would be responsible for declaring any changes to the negotiated deal.

2) yes, when you pick up a new vehicle you are entitled to look it over (for dents, scratches, missing items like floor mats or even engine covers). yes, it would be your mistake if you didn't open the hood and confirm that the engine cover and ALL the things that should be under the hood are there (like spark plugs, sound proofing, wiring, screws and nuts, etc. etc.). but remember, you're not thinking that ford is going to screw you. and you aren't thinking of a specific thing like an engine cover because this fraud issue wasn't a thing 2 years ago.

so there you are, at the dealership, your last vehicle traded to them and all the paperwork completed. yeah, you could make a stand and not leave (maybe spend a few days living at the dealership or sleeping in your 6' bed (sorry, you only get 5'). they aren't going to give you your trade and deposit back. if they had any decency they would take the cover and 2 tie downs off another vehicle. or they could tell you they'd get to it (my dealership is over 100 miles away, btw, but this is only if you spotted the problem at delivery. i only paid $28,000 but that's more then a house in some parts of the country where you would have an agent and lawyer on your side).

or you could call the dealer later but then they tell you to pound sand. you could call ford and they would you about the build sheet (which they couldn't find when i called them) and then they would say call your dealer (remember i already had).

like i said, i paid them 28k. i expect a little decency for that but it seems to be lacking. but yeah, you're right about complaining. do you work for ford?

i knew if i started or answered a thread about this topic there would be someone who would cop an attitude and stick up for ford. but ford would still be wrong.

you're the
dipstick jim

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
This stuff cracks me up. The trivial things that get people worked up is beyond me. I sure hope they put as much effort to contact Ford as they do to post to an obscure internet forum. I'm sure Ford has a line item for the bitch and moan fund.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Well, glad I bought my Ranger when I did. The price increase is marginal but the loss of the rebates isn't. That could very well hurt sales. Course all it may do is drive used car prices up even more. The dealership gave me more than what I paid for my 2019 Frontier.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Chris (@CHS ) start practicing your new state song cause in 2 years - Texafornia here I come...

j/k :giggle:

Ranger Tremor

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
And at the same time offering an additional $1000 on orders to keep people from canceling to buy from the competition. The salesman I ordered with three weeks ago is working on getting this applied to my order.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/ford-ramps-up-vehicle-incentives-amid-major-inventory-shortage/
I just sent this to my salesman. They're supposed to add every incentive available. But they aren't very customer friendly. I ordered through Military Auto Source.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I just built my truck on Ford build and price which is a '21 with Tremor package built the end of March arrived at the dealership end of April and noticed that the MSRP went up exactly $1000.00.
Explains Ford's generous order rebate of 1K they are offering.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just built my truck on Ford build and price which is a '21 with Tremor package built the end of March arrived at the dealership end of April and noticed that the MSRP went up exactly $1000.00.
Explains Ford's generous order rebate of 1K they are offering.
When you order, the price negotiated is usually locked, as are incentives at the time of order. If the price went up, your dealer added it.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
When you order, the price negotiated is usually locked, as are incentives at the time of order. If the price went up, your dealer added it.
The MSRP went up $1000 from what my MSRP was making the new order rebate a wash due to the price increase.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I just sent this to my salesman. They're supposed to add every incentive available. But they aren't very customer friendly. I ordered through Military Auto Source.
My dealer said it required some special paperwork he had to fill out. It helped Ford assure it was not a dealer order, but a personal order.
Sponsored