mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have both of these? I'm wondering about beam patterns and brightness. Would buying both make sense or one over the other? Thanks.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Depending on what you are planning to do will help you decide what to do. I so far have just done the led bulbs change for both my headlights and fog lights while keeping the original housings. The pod lights for the a pillars i have hears are berry nice for off road ass you would angle them to the side be a few degrees(around 10°-15° or so) and it will give you great side light at night. I talked to my parts manager and he installed a set from rigid that is similar to the Ford Performance a pillar lights and he told me they are nice. If you do the pod lights for fog and have just halogen light i feel you will overpower the headlights.

Hope this info helps.

OP
OP
mapco

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on what you are planning to do will help you decide what to do. I so far have just done the led bulbs change for both my headlights and fog lights while keeping the original housings. The pod lights for the a pillars i have hears are berry nice for off road ass you would angle them to the side be a few degrees(around 10°-15° or so) and it will give you great side light at night. I talked to my parts manager and he installed a set from rigid that is similar to the Ford Performance a pillar lights and he told me they are nice. If you do the pod lights for fog and have just halogen light i feel you will overpower the headlights.

Hope this info helps.
Well I didn't get any advice in time, so I went ahead and ordered the Baja Design street legal LED units that replace the original halogen lights. They were a pain to install but I'm happy with the results. I ordered the amber ones so it's a really nice light that actually will help me in inclement weather. So now that that's out of the way my only decision is on what off-road A-pillar lights to buy. Ford Performance (Rigid) or Baja Design? Obviously they would be for off road use so my main concerns are performance and durability.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Well I didn't get any advice in time, so I went ahead and ordered the Baja Design street legal LED units that replace the original halogen lights. They were a pain to install but I'm happy with the results. I ordered the amber ones so it's a really nice light that actually will help me in inclement weather. So now that that's out of the way my only decision is on what off-road A-pillar lights to buy. Ford Performance (Rigid) or Baja Design? Obviously they would be for off road use so my main concerns are performance and durability.
Pics??

Nollie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport, 1996 Porsche Carrera 4S, 1987 Toyota Pickup
Occupation
Red team analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at the same thing. Rigid, Baja Design, or Diode Dynamics. From what I've seen you can't go wrong with either Rigid or Baja with Rigid getting a slight advantage on mounting hardware and brightness. That said I'm probably going to go Baja after what I've read / watched on reviews.

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
I've not mounted them on my truck yet, but I've been a fan of Rigids. (as you will note, I've even mounted two sets on the RT). I found them to be better value for the $ them most lights out there.

AkRanger

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT HPR
I installed a pair if Baja design a pillar lights. Amber driving combo lenses and am very happy with them. Lots of snow/ blowing snow this winter. I used them daily driving to and from work. Not much traffic, but lots of moose to watch for. Now we finally have over 12 hrs sunlight so driving i mostly do daylight now.

floormonkey

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
x-ray tech
i bought the ford performance fog light pods. they come with rigid spot lights. i dont feel this is a great light for a fog light position so i swapped them out with rigid driving pods... MUCH better. tomorrow im headed out to sdhq for the a-pillar mounts. i will be putting the spots in that position.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
A-pillar are for ditches - point left and right about 45-70* depending on preference.

Fog lights are for... supplimental forward lighting. In most cases, yellow for visibility in fog.

Yes you can point front mounted lights left and right, but you want the A-pillar for ditch lights. Or, if you have one, mounted to a roof rack above the driver.
Sponsored