OP

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Nope…no drain plug on my 2022..…this is why i want a cover with a drain plug.
Sponsored

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Nope…no drain plug on my 2022..…this is why i want a cover with a drain plug.
Go with ARB I did has a drain plug and dipstick. The brake line does get in the way of dipstick but it still can be used to measure and fill from hole. I have 2019 with drain plug on housing.
IMG_3496.jpeg
IMG_3497.jpeg
IMG_3499.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
The ARB does look good, but if any diff problem happened during the (long) warrantee would Ford say. …“Its the non-stock cover that caused it”
How much extra fluid does it hold?

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
The ARB does look good, but if any diff problem happened during the (long) warrantee would Ford say. …“Its the non-stock cover that caused it”
Do you think they'll say something different if you have a Bronco cover on it?

In for a penny, in for a pound buddy. FWIW the Bronco cover looks like it would work 🤷🏼‍♂️

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Probably.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Not sure if it really increases capacity by much. It’s made more for off-roading applications It’s stronger and won’t crack or break off if I hit a rock on the trail. If you do some research I’m pretty sure Bronco cover will work. Not sure 100% but I believe this rear end is used on multiple vehicles. The ARB cover works on Jeep jk I think. Here’s a link they have a few more options now on stage 3 then when I bought mine that also have ford performance for sale on site now.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2019-2022-ford-ranger-differential-covers-differentials.html

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Gale Banks has several videos about diff covers on YouTube. Based on this I think I would only use a Ford, ARB, or Banks (they don't a Ranger unit) cover. They made some clear diff covers. A stock cover is designed to make the lube climb the ring gear. Flat back covers make the lube splash around and results in less lubrication and higher temps. This is the long one but there are several.

OP
OP

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
That was quite interesting . I would agree.. Back to the original question…does anyone have the Ford Performance cover ( for Ranger) and is there room to drill and tap for a drain plug?

TactiCacti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
I have the fp diff cover, haven't installed yet. Don't think there'd be room to add a drain on the cover
I have 2022, no drain of course. Though I wouldn't have a need to do frequent changes, only for maintaining, I don't mind buying another gasket if it's damaged. The fp part does come with gasket as well.
only at 15k now plan to put on around 20.

IMG_5809.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg
Sponsored