Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
So here’s my story... The weather here in Las Vegas has been starting to cool down the past couple of weeks so I have been scheduling my truck to start before I get off work to warm it up. Tonight it was a freezing 45 degrees here!! I know Brrr right? I noticed that the seat was nice and toasty due to the seat warmer being on. It was a nice surprise!! My question is does this come on automatically when the truck is turned on and it senses that it cooler outside? I would love to hear some input. Thanks!!
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
It must use some external (to the truck) temperature data, because mine has been automatically activating the seat heater on remote start, even with the Ranger parked in a garage that is about 20 degrees warmer than outside. I have yet to study how this is supposed to work. Too busy with other things. I’m impressed, though, by how uncomfortably warm the seats get on the highest setting. This bodes well for my infrequent outdoor winter parking.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
45 is still t-shirt weather here in NH. What you describe isn't new, my 2011 charger turned all the heated goodies on when remote starting if it was 40 or below out, seats, rear defrost, mirrors, steering wheel all fired up.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
It must use some external (to the truck) temperature data, because mine has been automatically activating the seat heater on remote start, even with the Ranger parked in a garage that is about 20 degrees warmer than outside. I have yet to study how this is supposed to work. Too busy with other things. I’m impressed, though, by how uncomfortably warm the seats get on the highest setting. This bodes well for my infrequent outdoor winter parking.
What’s your ventilation situation in the garage? Or is it a large building parking garage?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
What’s your ventilation situation in the garage? Or is it a large building parking garage?
It’s part of my house, sharing one wall and the ceiling with heated living spaces. Ventilation consists of periodically opening the door.
Sponsored