Ford Black and Chrome emblems

Scott_Anderson_

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor - Cactus Gray
Anyone have the Black and Chrome emblems? Not necessarily the black appearance package, but purchased and installed the Ford emblems after the fact?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated, especially if your rig is Cactus Grey.
Sponsored

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
I have a set on order ... don't expect them in for a week or so tho

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Nice! You doing the install or having it done at the dealership?
From what I understan these have rivets that need to be cut so I am goping to pay the dealer to install

OP
OP
Scott_Anderson_

Scott_Anderson_

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor - Cactus Gray
Here you go.
IMG_9036.jpeg
Thank you. It looks really nice. I may use some of the Ford points I received when I bought the car to get those emblems.

Meanwhile, took matters into my own hands yesterday and went the Plasti-Dip route.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
From what I understan these have rivets that need to be cut so I am goping to pay the dealer to install
No the rivets are only for the DIY colour mods. If you buy the factory parts, it's just a pair of 10mm(?) nuts on the back of the grill for the emblem. Also some bolts and plastic clip pins to remove the shroud. Pretty easy job, I rate at 2 out of 10.

The tailgate has a small notch on the under side of the emblem. Insert a small screw driver and gently pry it off.

There are videos, I'll see if I can find one.

Last edited:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Tailgate with camera, skip to 3:40.

I'm not 100% on the tailgate without camera. It may have some 3M tape as well. Maybe easier to open the access panel on the inside of the tailgate and pinch the clips so you don't scratch the paint.

This video is grill replacement, but shows how to remove the top shroud, then you can reach down and get the two nuts on the back of the emblem.

Last edited:

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Tailgate with camera, skip to 3:40.

I'm not 100% on the tailgate without camera. It may have some 3M tape as well. Maybe easier to open the access panel on the inside of the tailgate and pinch the clips so you don't scratch the paint.

This video is grill replacement, but shows how to remove the top shroud, then you can reach down and get the two nuts on the back of the emblem.

yeah I saw those .. and asked the guy at ford about the install. he said there were rivets that had to be cut on mine. However, I will get under the hood and take a further look. he said it was a 2 hour install. maybe it changed on my truck? dunno

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
yeah I saw those .. and asked the guy at ford about the install. he said there were rivets that had to be cut on mine. However, I will get under the hood and take a further look. he said it was a 2 hour install. maybe it changed on my truck? dunno
I don't want to call the guy a liar, but I just did front and back on a 22 Ranger a few weeks ago and they were the same as my 2020. I find it highly unlikely Ford many any changes to them for 23, knowing it was the last model year. Maybe I suppose, curious what you find.

Last edited:

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
I don't want to call the guy a liar, but I just did front and back on a 22 Ranger a few weeks ago and they were the same as my 2020. I find it highly unlikely Ford many any changes to them for 23, knowing it was the last model year. Maybe I suppose, curious what you find.
Hard to lie when you don’t know what you are talking about lol. Which, I suspect, is more likely the case. I shall take another swing at it and let you know how it turns out

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hard to lie when you don’t know what you are talking about lol. Which, I suspect, is more likely the case. I shall take another swing at it and let you know how it turns out
That was my guess too, but didn't want to assume.

Good luck!

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
That was my guess too, but didn't want to assume.

Good luck!
so I watched the video again ... and took another look at my engine bay ... and I tend to agree with you. not that hard and no rivets so will just pick the emblems up and do the install myself. it's about time I started doing some of this shit myself again. With my Mustang I was in in the sandbox most of the time and didn't really car about the cost so I just paid to have stuff done while I was out there and could just sit back and enjoy the car for the month I was home. Now I can take the time to do it and save myself some bucks that can go for other fun parts. Electrical stuff however I will continue to pay for, cause if you fuck that up it's hell to fix

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
so I watched the video again ... and took another look at my engine bay ... and I tend to agree with you. not that hard and no rivets so will just pick the emblems up and do the install myself. it's about time I started doing some of this shit myself again. With my Mustang I was in in the sandbox most of the time and didn't really car about the cost so I just paid to have stuff done while I was out there and could just sit back and enjoy the car for the month I was home. Now I can take the time to do it and save myself some bucks that can go for other fun parts. Electrical stuff however I will continue to pay for, cause if you fuck that up it's hell to fix
Yeah, I have confidence in you ;)

There is nothing to really nothing to hurt as long as you don't over-tighten and break them, or drop something and scratch the paint.

Looking forward to photos.
Sponsored