First start engine

Shortdog0034

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 and were wondering if anyone else has had an issue when they first start their truck and the engine sounds like it is either sucking in or blowing out a huge gush of air for about a minute or so. Also when you start to drive it also sounds that way for a few minutes. It sounds like a flatbed tow truck when they first take off from a dead stop. Any info would be great
Sponsored

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I'm gonna jump on the "normal" bandwagon as well since mine has done exactly as you described since I got it in back in September. Sounds like the fan is in hyperdrive for a few minutes.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This is a normal thong for the truck. What you are hearing is the cooling fan being engaged. For whatever reason for has ot designed to be engaged on cold stat for X period of time.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Get an aftermarket exhaust on the truck to drown it out ;-)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 and were wondering if anyone else has had an issue when they first start their truck and the engine sounds like it is either sucking in or blowing out a huge gush of air for about a minute or so. Also when you start to drive it also sounds that way for a few minutes. It sounds like a flatbed tow truck when they first take off from a dead stop. Any info would be great
Mine gave me quite a start at first, really loud and gets you thinking that something is about to blow out. But, as everyone says, this is completely normal, harmless, and it calms down once you get going. Now, I do not even notice it anymore, just part of the normal experience of starting the truck in the morning. Not to worry.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
My wife loves the sound ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It's just that 'little engine that could" roaring to life. On our first test drive of the Ranger the wife ask, "what's wrong with this thing"? And thankfully, because of this forum I had the answer.
Sponsored